Documentaries

kevdo242

I've been watching alot of "Eearth" documentaries latley.

I first watched; Earth: Power of the planet on blu ray. Really good picture and really well put together documetary.

Then I watched: How Earth made us, also on blu ray, wonderful documentary about how geology has carved out our humen history.

Last I watched : Earth: The climate wars. Contains all you need to know about global warming and the climate wars, without Gores self rightous speaches.

I would highly recommend them. Professor Iain Stewart is really good at putting complex things into a understandeble and interesting context.

Its probably not been mentioned yet, but i would advise everybody to watch "The Bridge"

Heres the trailer

and heres a link to part1 of the free/full documentary in 9x10min part youtube version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwsvRgFcFAg

Its about obsession and depression and features in the last few minutes before death. Its very open and honest, I hope you learn something from the family interviews.

I know I mentioned "Blood Into Wine" in that longass list I made, but check it out. Tim and Eric, Milla, and Patton Oswalt are in it... essential for Tool fans and general interest in the wine industry, a startup based not in Napa, but in Arizona. Even if you know some wine snobs that don't like Tool or APC, they'd be into it.

Clips of Puscifer mixed in with Maynard digging in dirt. They also previewed a movie called "The Heart is a Drum Machine" which seems to be about music.

Its probably not been mentioned yet, but i would advise everybody to watch "The Bridge"

Its about obsession and depression and features in the last few minutes before death. Its very open and honest, I hope you learn something from the family interviews.

Good Call! I rented it sometime in the spring and yeah, it's really good.

Good Call! I rented it sometime in the spring and yeah, it's really good.

Just watched it. Very touching and insightful film. Interesting the distinction it made between the theatrics of "suicide" and people suffering and who just do it.

The sister of Lisa who was sitting with her elderly mom was a c*nt and had no place in the film.

He's horrible

Michael Moore hits you with facts and you hate him for it. Ok.

and humor and semi-facts.

He does have informative movies, but there are many who would argue he is not a maker of documentaries by their strict definition.

This pretty much. Michael Moore like many to the far left/right clearly has an agenda in anything that he does and will present the facts in a way skewed to best present his argument. He's more of a propagandist in many ways. That said I always enjoy his films and I think his heart's in the right place. Basically I think if you watch anything of his you need to do a little bit of digging yourself and not believe everything he tells you.

he once explained it like this, he is the counter weight (lol) to the same tactics on the right.

dramatic emotional ploys? on fox you have glen beck crying, in a MM doc you have a little girl crying for whatever reason.

fair game.

he sees it as a means to an end. if it gets a emotional response from you and gets you thinking about these things, its effective.

he is hated because he is dangerous. "he hates america!" is a way of hating him without saying anything remotely coherent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for anyone who is interested in learning more about the stomping grounds of jackie moon (dont act like you aren't), or the trailer park boys. im watching it right now, pretty cool. im posting this literally 200 feet away from where he gets off the bluenose II to start the show, lunenburg. i could throw a rock and hit the wharf. well, i could if i didn't throw like a girl..

billy connelly explores nova scotia

he actually visits lunenburg again later- just fyi, the dude driving the horses, hes a dick.

Edited by Jackie Moon