Do you envision the current line-up staying together?

Towelie

The title says it all realy.

Do you see the likes of Ron and DJ sticking around for the long haul? At this stage NuGuns have never had the same line-up for more than one tour. What happens when this tour ends? Do you think Ron and DJ will contribute to the writing of a new album? It'd be great to see this line-up write an album and then perform this material on a tour. That's something we've never had from NuGNR.... watching the members who actually wrote and performed on the original tracks perform the new material in a live setting. It would've been great to see Robin do This I Love with Axl or Bucket do There Was A Time.

Edited by Towelie

The title says it all realy.

Do you see the likes of Ron and DJ sticking around for the long haul? At this stage NuGuns have never had the same line-up for more than one tour. What happens when this tour ends? Do you think Ron and DJ will contribute to the writing of a new album? It'd be great to see this line-up write an album and then perform this material on a tour. That's something we've never had from NuGNR.... watching the members who actually wrote and performed on the original tracks perform the new material in a live setting. It would've been great to see Robin do This I Love with Axl or Bucket do There Was A Time.

WTF are u talking about ??

im sure ive seen buckethead and finck playing "maddy and SOD and CD" live and im sure they played on the tracks on the cd ????

plus ive seen tommy, ron, dizzy, pitman, frank, brain playing songs off the album live ????

Edited by Axlashba

I see them more as a NIN style touring band with Axl in the Trent role. I'm really not expecting anything beyond the rest of the Chinese Democracy tracks. Besides, Axl's never been one to just bang out a new album real quickly.

Edited by ITW 2012

For now, perhaps. I think once it becomes abundantly clear to all of them that Axl has no real intentions to record another album with them we'll see them trickle away one by one.

And you know this how??

Common sense and a fairly decent understanding of how Axl and GNR operates.

we can only hope they stay together, but ive come to accept gnr now as having a nin type role too, i would like they could make their own album and the other half of the chinese d sessions are released too but i doubt the record company wants to help axl out. he really needs to use his own black frog label to finance putting out the album and everything instead of worrying about geffen

i'd like to see robin back at least at one point.. his departure seemed a little bitter, and how irving azoff was involved etc.. it would be nice to see him play Better.

as for lineup, who knows.. I can't imagine anyone leaving, they all seem to enjoy being in the band

Axl should get rid of Pitman, Dizzy, and Bumblefoot and make a straight up kick ass rock record with the rest of the guys, in six months, and release it. It should do better than Chinese Democracy.

Why the fuck would you get rid of Bumblefoot for doing a straight up rock record? He was the guy who steered CD out of industrial territory and added a bit of the old sleaze into the mix, it'd be like cutting off your nose to spite your face....

I'd like to hear them record something. They've got their sound tight right now. Always thought Dj's producing/writing played a part in Axl getting him. All depends on Axl really, hes got everything right there if he wants to do something.

The challenge for Guns N' Roses to remain in their current lineup is producing new material.

Axl learned first hand about decent guitar players failing to produce any creative material. Gilby Clarke, while he covered the Guns' songs brilliantly on tour, just didn't have the juice to bring quality originals to the table.

Thats the challenge for the likes of DJ Ashba. He's a brilliant guitar player, hands down. He will be under enormous pressure now to contribute to a new album. I hope he can pull it off, I think he will.

Edited by shakamaker