If GN'R hits the studio on 2011...

ManetsBR

New songs please

I would love to hear new stuff from the current band, but there's a lot remaining from the Chinese Democracy era, and from what we know and from what we heard, it's awesome stuff.

I have no reason to believe it but I just get the feeling that the best stuff for whatever reason was not released yet.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New songs please

I would love to hear new stuff from the current band, but there's a lot remaining from the Chinese Democracy era, and from what we know and from what we heard, it's awesome stuff.

I have no reason to believe it but I just get the feeling that the best stuff for whatever reason was not released yet.

Me too. I think Chinese Democracy was just a way of UMG saying "Enough. You want Chinese Democracy? There you are". That's why all we got were songs that had already been leaked before.

Please dear fucking GOD don't let them release CD era music and call it a "new" album. If Axl releases an album consisting of 12 year old songs, I'm gonna be mighty pissed off. If they release a new album, I want it to be fresh and relevant and I want it to come from THIS band....not a band that doesn't exist anymore.

I agree mostly, but I'd take that over nothing.

Why not a mix of the best from the Chinese Democracy sessions and some brand new material?

This would make for the fastest release I think. Take some of the best from the CD sessions, I'm sure Ron and Dj could come with a couple of songs fairly quick, and theres your album.

Please dear fucking GOD don't let them release CD era music and call it a "new" album. If Axl releases an album consisting of 12 year old songs, I'm gonna be mighty pissed off. If they release a new album, I want it to be fresh and relevant and I want it to come from THIS band....not a band that doesn't exist anymore.

This one has me scratching my head

Considering the amount of material GnR has released in the last 10-15 years, you'd think we as fans will take what we can get. I don't care when it was written, who wrote it, as long as its good. Good music is good music, and if its music we don't have yet, why be picky?

A new album is going to feature stuff that Axl simply can't perform live and that will be a bummer. Prostitute is one of my favorite GNR songs ever, but he can't perform a song like that live with his current voice. I think most of the CD Era stuff that may or may not be released will end up that way.

A new album is going to feature stuff that Axl simply can't perform live and that will be a bummer. Prostitute is one of my favorite GNR songs ever, but he can't perform a song like that live with his current voice. I think most of the CD Era stuff that may or may not be released will end up that way.

Good riddance to the helium voice. Welcome back classic raspy Axl! rock3