If GN'R hits the studio on 2011...

ManetsBR

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dear fucking GOD don't let them release CD era music and call it a "new" album. If Axl releases an album consisting of 12 year old songs, I'm gonna be mighty pissed off. If they release a new album, I want it to be fresh and relevant and I want it to come from THIS band....not a band that doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by Nintari

Please dear fucking GOD don't let them release CD era music and call it a "new" album. If Axl releases an album consisting of 12 year old songs, I'm gonna be mighty pissed off. If they release a new album, I want it to be fresh and relevant and I want it to come from THIS band....not a band that doesn't exist anymore.

I understand you point, but frankly I want any material from the band. Really, the material from 10 years ago would be new to us. I would love to hear The General and Altas Shrugged eventually.

I know this band is really great, but I would rather what's left from the ChiDem era. General, Atlas, Soul Monster...

Same here, I would love to hear the unreleased material from the Chinese Demcoracy Era. If The General is anything like Sebastian Bach say's it is, it sounds like a killer song.

I understand you point, but frankly I want any material from the band. Really, the material from 10 years ago would be new to us. I would love to hear The General and Altas Shrugged eventually.

Yeah, anything would be great really. I guess I'd rather hear all new material, but I'm dying to hear the rest of the stuff from the CD era too.

I know this band is really great, but I would rather what's left from the ChiDem era. General, Atlas, Soul Monster...

Same here, I would love to hear the unreleased material from the Chinese Demcoracy Era. If The General is anything like Sebastian Bach say's it is, it sounds like a killer song.

Baz said that sorry was doom metal..

Whatever it is that they do, Im hoping for them to do it right this time. Chinese Democracy, while having a few fleeting moments of greatness, wasn't all it was cracked up to be. and I didn't even have high hopes but it just fell flat on quite many occasions. and all the heavy editing that was required to gather up 10 years of on/off working on material... it was hopeless to come out with a decent album like that.

if they go in the studio, push hard in one continuous go to get relevant material together. please.

Calling the unreleased songs "CD era" is like calling "Civil War","Knocking on Heavens Door" and "November Rain" "Appetite era". He's been on the "Chinese Democracy Tour" for a hell of a long time.

I think Axl has a well-oiled machine that's going to tear through the songs and deliver the next batch of songs within the next couple of years.

yeah i agree with you manets, we should at least hear the other "half" of chinese democracy songs, and then the current band can put out their own material or maybe they could combine some other chinese democracy session stuff with completely new material written by the current band

release the rest of the cd era songs in 2011 . During this time the band can jam in the studio and hopefully write some new songs whilst axl can finalize any re recording of vocals if need be for soul monster/atlas/general.

CD era songs = album released 2011

current lineup can write/record with one another for FRESH material = album released 2012

If CD was the best of the CD era stuff, I'll pass. though i really don't think axl has a vault of stuff, like some here do. maybe 4 or 5 completed songs, and 100's and 1,000's of snipppets.

I want a reunion, but if I can't have that. I would just like to see what Axl can do with Ashba.

I enjoyed some of Ashba's work with sixx am. perhaps he can remind axl what a hook is.

Edited by SunnyDRE

If CD was the best of the CD era stuff, I'll pass. though i really don't think axl has a vault of stuff, like some here do. maybe 4 or 5 completed songs, and 100's and 1,000's of snipppets.

I want a reunion, but if I can't have that. I would just like to see what Axl can do with Ashba.

I enjoyed some of Ashba's work with sixx am. perhaps he can remind axl what a hook is.

maybe axl will remind ashba that hooks are for 12 year olds

Hooks are for 12 year olds? Please, elaborate.

Hooks from rock bands, that is

So like, 99% of every great rock song in history is strictly a 12 and under thing? Damn.....

So like, 99% of every great rock song in history is strictly a 12 and under thing? Damn.....

He has a point though. A song doesn't need a hook to be good. It needs one to be accessible.