Chinese Democracy Destiny

Sledge

I think we all can agree that the 'powers that be' both neglected and ignored the potential of the albums release....whilst neglecting and ignoring its potential and impact on todays music scene...

Yet in the long run I see this far better than debut album sales...

I will bet many dollars that in at least years critics will consider this album as one of the most underrated in music history...

We all at heart hoped this album would take the world at storm...

The harsh reality is it will far into the future....

Axl made an album ahead of time sooooo.....

Give it time...

There will be a time were people will look back at this and ask for more...

Take pride in the fact you lived, loved and believed in this before others....

We are the rock movement for this century

I think we all can agree that the 'powers that be' both neglected and ignored the potential of the albums release....whilst neglecting and ignoring its potential and impact on todays music scene...

I will bet many dollars that in at least years critics will consider this album as one of the most underrated in music history...

Give it time...

Is there any reason as to why you tried to get all "poetic" with the structure of your post? Makes you come off like some sort of psycho.

Give it time...

Is there any reason as to why you tried to get all "poetic" with the structure of your post? Makes you come off like some sort of psycho.

..or a writer but hey

CD shows you can do classic rock in fresh way, you don't have to be completely 70s.

Agreed, though that was already demonstrated in the 90's.

It will never be publicly recognized as a groundbreaking record, but it's still more original than around 9 out of 10 mainstream rock albums that come out today. Sounds strange but I think that's how it is.

I remember listening to all the leaks and clips of anything that was Chinese Democracy whether it was real or fake. I remember listening to The Blues, Rhiad, CD, TWAT and others earlier in the decade and everyone I knew kept saying I was "crazy" for flipping my lid everytime I heard a newer version of the songs. For almost 10 years people kept telling me how it was dumb that I actually thought the album would get released and that it would be awesome.

When it finally came out, I remember buying a can of Dr. Pepper (which I think tastes gross) and listening to the album over and over on a brand new sound sytem I had bought specifically for CD. It was then when I knew this album would be something that at one point or another will be what people think of when think of GNR.

I do think it is fantastic that Chinese Democracy came out at a time when I could truly appreciate it for what it was - An amazing album.

Edited by JesseGoudge