What city is Axl`s favorite city to have a concert

fergus

Toronto, because we have the best looking women...

He said so himself (the women part anyway) lol

He did too! think that was 2002? I don't know for sure but I know he has always liked Toronto and seems talkative when he goes there

Canadians are so gullible. You guys need to get out of your igloos more often. It's like this thread, and board for that matter, has been hijacked by Canadians. Must not be much to do north of the ponds.

Axl saying the best looking women are in Toronto is like somebody telling an ugly ass bride that she's beautiful on her wedding day. It's called being polite. Especially when the people you're being polite too are paying your bills for the night.

And the whole 'he doesn't want to play the states anymore' bit is really getting tiresome. They're apparently planning a huge tour in the States for next year where they'll play more dates and have a larger overall audience then all of the previous legs of the current tour. That's not some American here thumping his chest over the red, white and blue. It's a statistical fact which has been proven time and time again by the 'old' band and the new band.

I'm so tired of people from South America or somewhere who gloat over the fact GNR played in some 'stadium' down in their neck of the woods and it was sold out. Well, no shit Sherlock, if GNR only played 8 dates in the entire United States in stadiums, they'd probably sell them out, too. Instead, they play in just about every major market in arena's here instead of making people travel and go out of their way to get to some stadium hundreds of miles away.

If I had to guess Axl's favorite place to play, it would be New York or LA. Probably New York, since he's apparently bought a place somewhere in Manhattan. The man only kicks off tour's and plays surprise gigs there all the time... well... all the time on Axl's time scale.

Okay, just felt like flaming for some reason.

Carry on, everyone.

If I had to guess I'd say it's all a blur to him. Or to any other touring musician.

I'm so tired of people from South America or somewhere who gloat over the fact GNR played in some 'stadium' down in their neck of the woods and it was sold out. Well, no shit Sherlock, if GNR only played 8 dates in the entire United States in stadiums, they'd probably sell them out, too.

They should imo. Just play the big cities, sell out big arenas or even stadiums, forget about every 20000 people town out there, Middle-Of-Fucking-Nowehere, Minnessotta or whatever. But I guess it's more lucrative with many small concerts rather than few big ones.

I'm so tired of people from South America or somewhere who gloat over the fact GNR played in some 'stadium' down in their neck of the woods and it was sold out. Well, no shit Sherlock, if GNR only played 8 dates in the entire United States in stadiums, they'd probably sell them out, too. Instead, they play in just about every major market in arena's here instead of making people travel and go out of their way to get to some stadium hundreds of miles away.

No, they wouldn't.

No, they wouldn't.

They wouldn't indeed.

Any show that I've been to Obviously.

But I really do think he likes london. He's always put on extra dates there and tries to do Secret acoustic shows there, weather they go ahead or not. And he always seems quite talkative at the shows, and usually the Setlist would be the best out of there UK tour.

However, I guess it's nothing really to do with the city, and just his mood on the day, and the vibe he gets from the crowd. It's not as if he goes site-seeing around the city's he goes too.

I know that Indiana ain't his kinda town.

Indiana is a state....

Do you mean Lafayette?

I believe he was referencing the Hollywood Rose song "Indiana Ain't My Kind Of Town".

But in reality, Axl loves his home state of Indiana. Probably because I'm there. And he and I are best friends. :thumbsup:

We don't need to get out of our igloos..you simple minded American fuck...we live just like you...and the guy that said the women thing about Toronto was probobly just joking around and talking about how he said that..and obviously he loves playing New York and places like that but you cant deny that alot of concerts are interupted by drunk brain dead people who throw shit or yell wheres Slash?...he most likely waited to go to the states because he wanted to be well rehearsed and prepared because Axl could go to Brazil and play smoke on the water for 2 hours and they would love it..America aren't afraid to tell you that you fuckin suck..He wants to be the best he can be because the states are gonna judge him the most..and he knows people are on the edge of thier seats waiting to hear about a U.S. tour..and we all know Axl loves to make us feel like that..I dont think he hates playing the states but hes clearly not as appreciated..and once again fuck you..don't judge Canada..we supply you with all your really good weed.

You 'nooks can't take a damn joke, jeeze! Just call me a redneck or something and lets get on with it.

And to those people saying GNR couldn't sell out a relative mini-stadium tour aren't giving the fanbase in the U.S. much credit. On the last tour, the U.S. leg was attended by the most fans on the entire tour. Not because it's better here or anything, only because they played twice as many dates here as they did in Europe and the rest of the world. And I'm counting the dates played in Canada too with those figures... you might as well just lump it together as North America. Other than the fact we live in houses in the states and the Canooks live in igloos (joke), there's really no difference between the two countries or the people. They didn't sell out every single arena because they played so many shows! I'm in Baltimore and they played shows in Baltimore, Philly, DC, NYC, Pitt. All those cities are in a 2-3 hour driving range for me. If they didn't play Baltimore, I would have gone to DC and/or Philly to see them. No big deal for me, but the result for the band would be a sold out arena in the city they did play. So the whole thing about the band not being able to sell out venues in the states is very tiresome. They were playing in venues an hour or two drive time apart. I was shocked that they were getting the turnout they did on that tour with arena's 3/4's full in most cities, or, sold out.

Now, if GNR played in the major markets in a stadium in the states (and I mean a real stadium... not some rinky-dink 100 year old soccer 'outdoor arena' that holds 30-40k people-- which is what they played in for the most part in S. America), stadiums that hold in upwards of 80,000 people in NYC, DC area, LA, Chicago, Houston, etc, and it was just 8 shows or there-abouts? I'd be willing to bet they'd all sell out or be pretty darned close to it. There are a lot of die-hard fans in the states, and they'd travel a few hours to see their favorite band or just to see and hear Axl perform. The fact is, WE DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TO the last time around.

It's called supply and demand. Economics 101.

And the whole 'Americans do stupid things like yell out "where's Slash", throw bottles or whatever, that's also a delusional comment. I attended shows in NYC, Baltimore and Philly on the last tour, and I didn't experience anything like that. I'm sure there's a few idiots like that at every show though, in the states or not. But it's not any worse here than it is in Europe or anywhere else. I remember one video of some festival in Europe somewhere in 2006 where the crowd was berating the band over 'where's Slash' and throwing crap on stage. In Europe. So, please, stop fooling yourselves.