Biographies worth reading

username

• 1 year later...
Guest Len B'stard

What happened to Username?

Anyway:

Songs My Mother Taught Me - Marlon Brando

Bob Dylan Chronicles

My Booky Wook - Russell Brand (he writes like he's Kenneth Williams or something, it's funny

No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs - John Lydon

Evil Spirits: The life of Oliver Reed

Dear Boy: The Life of Keith Moon

John Lennon has a great one by his main biographer fella and Paul McCartney.

Pretty much all my favorite artists, there was a time i went and sought out the definitive recognised sort of biography of them and read it so i've read loads but i tend not to remember books so well.

Slash's one i suppose i quite liked, Keith Richards one was great. There's a great one on Iggy Pop whoose name i don't quite recall.

I'll tell you a shit one though, I, Me, Mine by George Harrison, hardly any biography in it and it's all scattered and then just a load of photos.

Redemption Song by Chris Salewicz is a bio of Joe Strummer which is brilliant. and Too Fast To Live Too Young To Die by Alan Parker which is a book on Sid Vicious is also quite good.

Edited by sugaraylen

CAD's Boomerang Law: If an active user creates a post announcing they are voluntarily leaving the community, they will almost certainly return. The length of the post is directly proportional to their likelihood of returning and inversely proportional to the time it will take for them to return. However, if an active user suddenly disappears without announcing themselves, and it was not because they were banned, the chances of them returning are much less, let alone the chances of them being remembered outside of the occasional "hey, what ever happened to MacGuffin?"

CAD's Boomerang Law: If an active user creates a post announcing they are voluntarily leaving the community, they will almost certainly return. The length of the post is directly proportional to their likelihood of returning and inversely proportional to the time it will take for them to return. However, if an active user suddenly disappears without announcing themselves, and it was not because they were banned, the chances of them returning are much less, let alone the chances of them being remembered outside of the occasional "hey, what ever happened to MacGuffin?"

Didn't create a post. So I beat the odds. Yay.