Thank you from AXL and GUNS N' ROSES

gunsguy

Jezus, a positive thread and this again.

I really don't see why some of you always feel the need to sink to the lows of calling eachother 'Slashboy', 'Axlite', whatever. The fact is that the original band isn't there anymore. This is sad, and I think everyone would agree if I say that it would've been better if they stayed together and made some more records, but the fact is that they didn't. They all went their own way. Axl continued with Guns N' Roses, gathered a bunch of very talented musicians around him and plays great shows (don't let the press fool you, their reviews are ridiculous) and made an (imo) passable album. Meanwhile, everyone of you can check out Slash solo, Duff's loaded, etc. I've seen all of them live, and all I can say is that I've enjoyed all of them.

Point I'm trying to make here is that all of you should try and enjoy what we have without starting a fight about old band vs. new band or whatever. I'm glad Axl with Guns, glad that I can see Duff and glad that I can see Slash.

Good post.

Good post indeed, that's a matter of opinion and agree with part of what you said. The problem is that people think Axl and Slash are in a competition. They are not, and that would be ridiculous because Slash would have no chance.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see why some of you always feel the need to sink to the lows of calling eachother 'Slashboy', 'Axlite', whatever. The fact is that the original band isn't there anymore. This is sad, and I think everyone would agree if I say that it would've been better if they stayed together and made some more records, but the fact is that they didn't. They all went their own way. Axl continued with Guns N' Roses, gathered a bunch of very talented musicians around him and plays great shows (don't let the press fool you, their reviews are ridiculous) and made an (imo) passable album. Meanwhile, everyone of you can check out Slash solo, Duff's loaded, etc. I've seen all of them live, and all I can say is that I've enjoyed all of them.

Point I'm trying to make here is that all of you should try and enjoy what we have without starting a fight about old band vs. new band or whatever. I'm glad Axl with Guns, glad that I can see Duff and glad that I can see Slash.

Good post.

Good post indeed, that's a matter of opinion and agree with part of what you said. The problem is that people think Axl and Slash are in a competition. They are not, and that would be ridiculous because Slash would have no chance.

Well there's an unbiased way of looking at things :rolleyes:

Good post.

Posts like this is exactly what I mean, shame the facepalm-emoticon is gone. Again, when you say something positive about Axl, you feel the need to put Slash down. Why?

Good post.

Posts like this is exactly what I mean, shame the facepalm-emoticon is gone. Again, when you say something positive about Axl, you feel the need to put Slash down. Why?

You didn't get the joke. The post I replied said exactly that and I totally agree. I was being sarcastic.

Good post.

You didn't get the joke. The post I replied said exactly that and I totally agree. I was being sarcastic.

Ah ok. Well, sarcasm is sometimes difficult to see on message boards. All is good, then. :thumbsup:

hey guys, I setup a twitter for gnr, its

www.twitter.com/thankyougnr

please follow, and any messages you have for them, ill retweet them @gunsnroses,bumblefoot,dj etc

cheers

please follow, and any messages you have for them, ill retweet them @gunsnroses,bumblefoot,dj etc

cheers

No thanks. Twitter is nothing but a website for narcissistic people to achieve some sort of artificial worth.

Everything's a fight with him. Encouraging the "fans to fight the good fight".

Fighting for what exactly?

A cover band milking people outta their cash so we could get a half-assed album and a tour which features zero of the main players.

Zero press or interviews.

AFD jukebox on repeat every night of the tour.

Fuck it.

We're supporting Axl after everyone abandoned him as he has put together the best possible band so he can play shows and make music that otherwise would never happen.

Why do you have to be such a prick?

Nobody abandoned him. He forced people away. He's a hermit ya dig? I'm being a prick because GNR meant so much to me growing up and I will forever protest Axl using the name by himself when there is no way in hell he could've achieved that much success on his own or with this current bunch.

Don't dissect the message he sent out, it was a simple thank you to the FANS not the haters.

Xactly, this seems to be a bit difficult for evergreen to comprehend,I'm on GNR's side! :nod:

A cover band milking people outta their cash so we could get a half-assed album and a tour which features zero of the main players.

Fuck it.

We're supporting Axl after everyone abandoned him as he has put together the best possible band so he can play shows and make music that otherwise would never happen.

Nobody abandoned him. He forced people away. He's a hermit ya dig? I'm being a prick because GNR meant so much to me growing up and I will forever protest Axl using the name by himself when there is no way in hell he could've achieved that much success on his own or with this current bunch.

Don't dissect the message he sent out, it was a simple thank you to the FANS not the haters.

Xactly, this seems to be a bit difficult for evergreen to comprehend,I'm on GNR's side! :nod:

I'm on my side.

Fuck it.

I'm on my side.

congrats on that vital piece of information!

cheers

No thanks. Twitter is nothing but a website for narcissistic people to achieve some sort of artificial worth.

like a message board you mean? :P

Fuck it.

The most hilarious.....or pathetic thing about this? You have so much hatred and anger towards Axl.....but you still stay here on the forum! You still follow Axl's career. That makes you a clown. I hate limp bizquit. Hence, I don't hang out at their website and I don't follow anything they do.

Besides, your idol slash is playing in bands, putting out music, and touring. Put as much time supporting bands and artists that you like as you do following a band you don't like, and maybe u would be a happier person. Life is too short to always be so full of bitterness.

'And special thanks to MusicRadar for holding the poll and letting people speak' - Axl

?

Forums have been around for years. They let people speak, well most of them do.

I say most, as HTGTH has silenced many by banning them. That forum is like the dead zone these days :D

Edited by star