The tour is over!

Butters

Theyve been on the road since end of 2009 so it is a bit expected.

US market is a bit soft and with the Azoff thing not yet settled I can understand why there isnt a tour here yet.

Lets hope they begin the process to the follow up to CD in the meantime!

The US market isn't "soft". They/we just want the real GnR. As in atleast Duff & Slash with Axl. Some parts of the world are so starved for anything they sell out.

Christ, I could tour some countries/markets and sell out. The whole Azoff thing would not be a perceived issue at all if guaranteed sell outs were to happen in US. The fact is Axl & Azoff could be best friends and it wouldn't make a difference (with no Slash/Duff involved).....still wouldn't sell all that well other than a few select cities.

It's soft - it's the reason why acts like Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie/Alice Cooper, etc have been doing exclusive Canadian legs more than ever before, to test the waters (the Gruesome Twosome tour started up here on a test run of sorts, Ozzy did 9 straight Canadian shows, Maiden did a third of their north american tour here, GNR did all the dates here first). Tours are having to off-set US shows with other markets. A lot more are focusing on Europe, Australia, and South America.

Aside from a few bands there are no guaranteed sellouts in the US at this point. The US concert industry is coming off the worst year its had in recent memory. PollStar and a ton of other resources have written tons about it. Major shed tours scrapped tons of shows this past summer, and some cancelled entire tours (Limp Bizkit comes to mind, and don't buy into the excuse that they wanted to focus on their album or whatnot - there was no market).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If GNR does go to the U.S. they fuckin well better come back and do a couple gigs over here in Canada again we love GNR just as much as we love our beer and weed. lol..but seriously Axl get your ass back to Toronto when ya can..you fuckin rock.

Fuckin' A

He loves T.O

I might like the new band if they were to record something. As they stand, its all cover band.

Back when Buckethead, Brain, Robin were on board, while I never liked their AFD cover work, I had some respect for the few new songs they were performing.

I might like the new band if they were to record something. As they stand, its all cover band.

Back when Buckethead, Brain, Robin were on board, while I never liked their AFD cover work, I had some respect for the few new songs they were performing.

Im getting some kind of notion that by the time the new album comes out the revolving door will have spun a few more times and it will be another cover band.

Theyve been on the road since end of 2009 so it is a bit expected.

US market is a bit soft and with the Azoff thing not yet settled I can understand why there isnt a tour here yet.

Lets hope they begin the process to the follow up to CD in the meantime!

The US market isn't "soft". They/we just want the real GnR. As in atleast Duff & Slash with Axl. Some parts of the world are so starved for anything they sell out.

Christ, I could tour some countries/markets and sell out. The whole Azoff thing would not be a perceived issue at all if guaranteed sell outs were to happen in US. The fact is Axl & Azoff could be best friends and it wouldn't make a difference (with no Slash/Duff involved).....still wouldn't sell all that well other than a few select cities.

You are very clueless and i am sorry for you. Major acts have cancelled US tours because of the shit economy...any adult that understands finance would know this. The current line-up is the REAL GN'R....it is time to accept that.

Have you bought a ticket and seen the band? i'll answer...OF COURSE NOT.

Ive seen this new gnr more times than you. Ive seen the 2002 line up 3 times, the 06 line up twice, and the newest lineup 2 times. While Im a fan of Axl, and most everything he does, don't kid yourself. This isnt Guns n' Roses.

Ive seen this new gnr more times than you. Ive seen the 2002 line up 3 times, the 06 line up twice, and the newest lineup 2 times. While Im a fan of Axl, and most everything he does, don't kid yourself. This isnt Guns n' Roses.

And Metallica isn't Metallica, AC/DC isn't AC/DC and so on and so on... It's not because of a couple new members in the band that Axl have to change the name of the band. It's his fucking choice.

You're the owner of the truth my friend.

Why does everything degenerate into the same regurgitated juvenille debates here? Like it or not #uns N' Roses are Tommy,Dizzy,Ron'Frank;Chris,Dj and Axl, if you can't accept that then post in the other sections, The US is a tough place to tour right now,major acts have cancelled,reschedulled, I'm with a lot of others in wishing them the best for the rest of the year and into the future!

But Guns n' Roses could sell out any US arena. These guys can't. Theres your difference. End of discussion. Axl couldnt handle the half filled medium sized US arenas so he won't go for it. If he got his head out of his ass and started Guns n' Roses up again he would be able to sell out the biggest of US arenas, all of them, multiple nights in some citys.

But Guns n' Roses could sell out any US arena. These guys can't. Theres your difference. End of discussion. Axl couldnt handle the half filled medium sized US arenas so he won't go for it. If he got his head out of his ass and started Guns n' Roses up again he would be able to sell out the biggest of US arenas, all of them, multiple nights in some citys.

I take it you and some other believe the tour is actually over? You would be right in that THIS LEG is over... IMO there is more to come

That's really freakin' weird man....the tickets I bought said Guns N' Roses on them.....:shrugs:

not everything is what it seems in this crazy world... :shock:

"RETIRE AXL! RETIRE!"

I'll say what you Slashpeople pretend not to feel.

Slashpeople? You mean Guns N' Roses fans? :question: Try harder.

Anyway, I hope the Chinese Democracy tour is in fact over for no other reason than it'll probably delay the next album even more, as history tells us that they've struggled in the past to realistically plot an album release while on the road. And for all you hopefuls who are waiting for the Guns 3.0 album to begin recording, continued touring sure ain't gonna get that done either.

I take it you and some other believe the tour is actually over? You would be right in that THIS LEG is over... IMO there is more to come

no, its definitively not over yet.

okay,we can go slow so the remedial readers can catch up, this leg of the tour is over,and there is no need for Guns N' Roses to change their name, that topic is becoming tiresome, slash and duff gave axl the rights to the band name,it's his band and he can call it anything he wants,the current members IN GNR are axl, Dj, frank;chris;Richard,Dizzy and Ron, this is 2010 if you still have problems accepting this then go post in the former members or the reunion thread, I have enjoyed every show I have attended this year, and will make more arrangements to attend further concerts as they are announced,there,was that so hard to comprehend?

Del said the tour was over, not a leg of the tour, the actual tour. There is no way to infer from his comment that he was referring to a leg of the tour. Plus, GNR has toured the world , minus the U.S. . The U.S. is the only place left and nothing has been announced. As far as the arena arguement goes, GNR should not play to arenas in the U.S. unless it is a major market. It is not even debatable if your have seen the last two tours in the U.S., where only a couple , and yes only a couple of shows sold-out.

Del said the tour was over, not a leg of the tour, the actual tour. There is no way to infer from his comment that he was referring to a leg of the tour. Plus, GNR has toured the world , minus the U.S. . The U.S. is the only place left and nothing has been announced. As far as the arena arguement goes, GNR should not play to arenas in the U.S. unless it is a major market. It is not even debatable if your have seen the last two tours in the U.S., where only a couple , and yes only a couple of shows sold-out.

You talked to Del to confirm that he meant the entire tour, over forever? I somehow doubt that, the band is on a roll. They don't have to sell out everywhere to tour somewhere, I have a feeling this is not the end of the tour but a break in action for a little while. That is what my gut is saying, no need to argue about it just a hunch...

You talked to Del to confirm that he meant the entire tour, over forever? I somehow doubt that, the band is on a roll. They don't have to sell out everywhere to tour somewhere, I have a feeling this is not the end of the tour but a break in action for a little while. That is what my gut is saying, no need to argue about it just a hunch...

I never said I talked to Del. You doubt I talked to del? Of course I didnt talk to him! Nor did I even attempt to play it that way. Iam talking about the caption he had on a photo. Black and white. Why did you even attempt to put words in my mouth. You should just stick to saying "cool story bro" . It makes you look like less of douche.If that is even possible. Gunsguy you are becoming Madison 2.0, just a wierder version. Oh shit a personal attack. It is so cool when Axl does it , but if someone here does they are banned, whatever. But, that is just gut saying that, just a hunch...........

Edited by Butters

I never said I talked to Del. You doubt I talked to del? Of course I didnt talk to him! Nor did I even attempt to play it that way. Iam talking about the caption he had on a photo. Black and white. Why did you even attempt to put words in my mouth. You should just stick to saying "cool story bro" . It makes you look like less of douche.If that is even possible. Gunsguy you are becoming Madison 2.0, just a wierder version. Oh shit a personal attack. It is so cool when Axl does it , but if someone here does they are banned, whatever. But, that is just gut saying that, just a hunch...........

:violin:

wow someone is angry, I was merely commenting on what you wrote. You took Del's photo caption and made it your own is what I mean, why the aggression on your part? Look, I have seen the tour is over on Del's facebook before :book: , that was almost a year ago now. Which is why I am not so sure myself.

He said the tour is over, could mean either way really, I just have a feeling he means for now, you think forever, that's our opinion, without opinion's a discussion forum would be nothing. You voiced yours I voiced mine, where in that is a fight? Neither one of us knows if it is really over...

You can say what you want about me, it honestly doesn't get to me, I don't hold grudges. :shrugs:

That's really freakin' weird man....the tickets I bought said Guns N' Roses on them.....:shrugs:

"RETIRE AXL! RETIRE!"

How do you call someone a G N' R fan when they weren't born yet when the band had their biggest momentum?

"RETIRE AXL! RETIRE!"

How do you call someone a G N' R fan when they weren't born yet when the band had their biggest momentum?

I've read some real stupid shit on this forum throughout the years, but this just about takes the cake. Who the fuck are you to decide who is a gnr fan and who isn't based upon when the gnr fans were born?

if thats the case, then half the beatles 'fans' aren't fans?

At least in the year 2010 we can go to a guns n roses concert and have a fucking good time, but you probably wouldn't want to go to a guns n roses concert because 60 % of the audience aren't 'fans' according to your logic.

Edited by gunns5

I know, it's like how can all those people be into the Bible when they weren't born yet when all that stuff happened?

How can someone be a Godfather fan when they weren't born yet when the movies were big in the theatres?

Wierd, eh?

I've read some real stupid shit on this forum throughout the years, but this just about takes the cake. Who the fuck are you to decide who is a gnr fan and who isn't based upon when the gnr fans were born?

You've totally missed my point. What i was trying to say is this. People complain about how this new incarnation isn't G N' R while some of these people weren't born yet when the band had their biggest succes. They started to know the old band from what they readed or heared on the net, radiostations etc. years after they broke up. Here is my question to those people. Why do you want to see the old band back together? Don't fool yourself, it would never be the same. The magic of the old band is gone and even a million dollars can't get it back. We just have to accept what has happened in the past and move on.