What was your first impression of Guns?

Encore

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was like "Wow this stuff is amazing." I think the first album I listened to was UYI II. I remember I was REALLY in love with 14 Years at first. I sought out anything I could find Guns wise. I remember I got a bootleg of the "Unwanted Illusions". I was like 12 or 13. Not long after I started viewing this forum...And after a few years of coming by daily (since July 2002 I believe) I joined formally in 2006.

I remember seeing the WTTJ video for the first time and thinking 'what is this?' wierd looking guys, great song, I was hooked by the 'who-ah' at the end . Couldn't believe it was the same guy as in SCOM video. I'd keep the channel on all day waiting for their videos. Axl amazed me. Slash seemed kind of gimicky at first, but then it became an exercise in trying to see his face.

Discovered Slash because of Michael Jackson and instantly fell in love with the first Snakepit when it was released but didn't like GnR when I gave AFD its first spin.

Totally hated Axl's voice and antics...

Used to call NuGuns a "laughable cover band" and to hate Axl for stealing both Robin and Brain from their respective bands.

Then Ron joined the band at my great horror so I was forced to give Guns a try.

The TWAT leak completely changed the game for me.

The first time I heard Guns actually was a short clip of Welcome To The Jungle in The Simpsons believe it or not. I was pretty young and unphased by it. I was really into the likes of The Offspring, Nirvana and Green Day and eventually found my way onto some of the Guns hits.

Listened to them over and over, then bought Appetite and the Illusions. First time I heard Appetite I was disappointed and thought i'd wasted my money. I pressed on, tried it a few more times, and fell in love.

The rest is history as they say.

Edited by Conor

I think a friend showed me a clip from a live 88 show, the first song I heard was the Jungle, I remenber asking "who the fuck is that hippie?" and I didn't really liked his voice. After a month I searched for other songs, and began the apreaciate the whole band, and today is by far my favourite band.

about 6 years ago, me and some friends had to sing a song and play guitar for a school project, and we chose used to love her, since my teacher spoke so well about gnr. the same week i heard mr brownstone, and i was hooked. it was just so raw and pure, and it sounded like they played with passion and gave everything. rock3

Edited by henfjel

The November Rain video. I watched it everyday for about five months; it was always top of MTV

Europe's daily video countdown.

I liked the Yesterdays video as well; that was out the same time as Charles and Eddie's 'Would I Lie to You'

video, and I always connect the two.

Oh to be ten again.

I thought Axl and Slash looked really cool and I liked how they had songs with swearing in them. It took me a while to catch on to all Axl's different voices though. I thought it was a different singer on It's So Easy.

I first time I heard it I thought it was Slash singing Its So Easy.

I became hooked when the video came out to WTTJ. The whole band were cool, My mates and I were thinking this is our Rolling Stones and we would have an incredible journey with GNR.