GNR - Never Mind The Buzzcocks

The Black

Brits have the worst English skills out of most countries that use English as their language...

Nothing but mumbling and British Jargon that no one else uses...

The only reason Americans know the English language is because of the British Empire, if it wasn't for us you'd still be yelling at each other like Neanderthals.

Point being? It's not my fault you guys can't speak your own language right. Just because slang words are common in England doesn't make them part of the English vernacular. Won't find a lot of these words in Websters...

And I'm not American...

I'm a big fan of proper language. IMO it's an insult to call some of these phrases proper English. It's like saying that 'ain't" is a word...

That should be "speak your own language correctly"...

Whatever one might feel about Bits and their English, you can't deny that nobody mangles the English language like Americans...

To be honest you can find examples in any country where you can't understand a word they're saying.

To be honest I'd challenge any of our friends from over the pond to tell me what he's talking about in that clip.

I went to school with that man's kids :D.

Anyone see the top gear special over Christmas where Jeremy had to buy a tyre from that American in the deep south?!

That is a good shout for "American" English being just as incomprehensible as localised (correct) English!

Anyways I guess this thread highlights the arrogance of American's who have the audacity to use another countries languge, bastardise it, and then tell people from the country of it's origin THEY are speaking it wrong.

The English language is intentionally elaborate to allow for greater expression, and it's also (in England) a very fluid language that is ever growing and changing to reflect the current times.

I am sorry if you were too busy eating and got left behind, but just because you struggle to understand something doesn't make it wrong.

American is influenced by a lot of hispanic words that seem strange to us brits. There's definitely an argument to say that's not "proper" English, but shit happens. 95% is the same.

Saying England doesn't speak English properly is fucking mental though.

Haha, can Scotland get in on this too? we bastardise their language, but we do it self consciously... and beautifully.

That's why we built a fucking big wall to keep you out long before any of the Jews or Texans ever thought of it!;)

So why did you english People crossed over so many than? must be something good there!

I love Scotland, so beautifull, except for the weather ofcourse. ;)

But yeah, don't understand a word you scottish are saying.

Edited by MBRose

Haha, can Scotland get in on this too? we bastardise their language, but we do it self consciously... and beautifully.

That's why we built a fucking big wall to keep you out long before any of the Jews or Texans ever thought of it!;)

So why did you english People crossed over so many than? must be something good there!

Some of us don't like Salad! :tongue2:

edit. ....and living past 45

_42130884_buckfast_close_203.jpg;)

Ah I see, you forgot to mention the Haggis ;)

Haggis is lovely... I have it at least once a week :D. And it wasn't you who built the wall, Dazed... it was yon Italians who conquered you along with half the known world, got to us and finally met their match.

Also, about not understanding what we say, actually when we don't use any slang, our pronounciation's the closest to how the language is written out of any of the nations that speak it. We don't flatten any vowels, we actually use the letter "r"...

Haggis is lovely... I have it at least once a week :D. And it wasn't you who built the wall, Dazed... it was yon Italians who conquered you along with half the known world, got to us and finally met their match.

Also, about not understanding what we say, actually when we don't use any slang, our pronounciation's the closest to how the language is written out of any of the nations that speak it. We don't flatten any vowels, we actually use the letter "r"...

Pizza, Pepperoni, White Raven and now keeping the marauding godless Celts out of our green and pleasant lands I knew I loved the Italians for a reason! :rofl-lol: But apart from that "what have the Romans ever done for us?" :D

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: