Do you want the songs to leak?

Young_Gun

What is the general consensus?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MSL has 13+ songs(plus much more information). He could leak it anytime if he wants. If this happens, it will be catastrophic for the follow up album. I don't care what Axl said to Robin Finck about the leaks, this time its different. Last time people were waiting for 10 years for new material(me included), the leaks kept us going. Its only been just over 2 years since Chidem. I would love new material from my favorite band, but if the follow up album is only a few months away, then i would rather wait for the official promotion and release. Axl seems keen on doing things right this time, interviews, supposed music videos, re-releasing Chidem with proper promotion and a new track. Its clear that he got stuffed around before Chidem came out(might have been his own fault, who knows for now), but i do believe he is going to put in the effort this time. Leaking any number of songs will hurt the album BIG TIME. Any song leaked will probably be disregarded as a single, if the whole thing leaks then Axl will probably be thinking "fuck this, i've had it" and do a half arsed job(or go MIA again).

Like i said, i want new Guns songs as much as the rest of you, but if Guns come out in February and say "this is what we have planned for you, here are the dates for US tour, Chidem re-release etc" i will wait. They don't have to reveal everything of course, just enough to keep us keen. Any real fan wants the band to succeed, leaking the tracks is not going to do that. I hope MSL sees this too and i hope you guys vote for the right option. Peace.

I want new music. If they drop one new one in February and follow through on a US Tour, that would be the best possible option for me.

Me, personally, yes. I downloaded the leaked Chinese Democracy album, and I then went on to own 4 copies of the album (one for me, one for my Dad, one for my Car and a Vinyl edition).

In general? No, I know alot of people who would download it and whether they liked it or not, still not buy the official album.

I don't really understand the thinking behind people downloading these songs if MSL puts them out there. There's 11/12 songs so surely that implies they have an albums worth of material, finished or not, which they plan to put out. Why ruin the surprise and only have 2/3 new songs to listen to when the album drops.

Just be patient and find some other music to listen to.

I will NOT LISTEN to any leaks this time around. As said before, last time was different, we all waited so long and with that thought in all our heads that we may never hear a new album ever, i could not help myself from listening to the leaks. If this is all on the up and up, then its time to use a little patience. we all know Christmas morning is better when we dont peak before right?

Voted no, but I don't really think it'd hurt the album . . . If Axl's willing to put himself out there a little and do a proper release the album will probably do just fine. I just want it to sound fresh when I give it the first listen. And sure there's the "just don't download the leaks then" argument, but I know (like plenty of you here I'm sure) that I don't have the self-discipline for that, so I'd just rather it not leak.

Voted no, but I don't really think it'd hurt the album . . . If Axl's willing to put himself out there a little and do a proper release the album will probably do just fine. I just want it to sound fresh when I give it the first listen. And sure there's the "just don't download the leaks then" argument, but I know (like plenty of you here I'm sure) that I don't have the self-discipline for that, so I'd just rather it not leak.

If it did leak, i would try hard not to download and listen, but probably would give in to a few songs at least.. My preference is a release through official channels, but who knows if MSL is bluffing about the leaks he has.. Darknemus said the "jumpdrive in China was a fabrication" and i have heard conflicting information about the state of the "songs" MSL has(he said the next album is unmixed, but then he said "the next album is done"). Im getting sceptical about if he has songs. The tour, re-release info and personal/business documents i think he has though...