What did Axl do during Superbowl 2011 halftime?

Fun n' Games

all axl would have to do is sing 30 seconds of jungle ( martin, look up any video from 2010 if you want k?) and the whole place would errupt. Hell even play the intro and chinese and it would get a great reception, (I dont think the general fans in that superbowl audience even knew that slash was playing slither either lol)

Edited by gunns5

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all axl would have to do is sing 30 seconds of jungle ( martin, look up any video from 2010 if you want k?) and the whole place would errupt. Hell even play the intro and chinese and it would get a great reception, (I dont think the general fans in that superbowl audience even knew that slash was playing slither either lol)

People there would erupt either way, they did for BEP's too. People watching on TV would notice the actual singing. Kinda like the VMA performance in 2002. But why are you switching songs on me? The whole discussion is about SCOM, seeing as that is what was played.

Haha, okay.

He'll change 20 years of precedent because he's really focusing this time. Are you implying he's not trying his best when he tours?

Okay, I just went to youtube and typed in "Guns N Roses Sweet Child O Mine 2010" and picked the first vid: If Axl sang like this in front of 110 million in the USA alone, he would be written off as a complete hack and totally washed up. All the people would be comparing it to the studio quality track they've heard 100's of times and it simply pales in comparison. That's a fact.

Picked another video, he admitted he was totally hungover from the night before in montreal.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

People there would erupt either way, they did for BEP's too. People watching on TV would notice the actual singing. Kinda like the VMA performance in 2002. But why are you switching songs on me? The whole discussion is about SCOM, seeing as that is what was played.

You can't compare reactions to the '02 VMA's because his voice doesn't sound like that anymore. You can't fault Axl on his vocal performance he has been pulling it out the bag pretty consistently for a few years now.

You can't compare reactions to the '02 VMA's because his voice doesn't sound like that anymore. You can't fault Axl on his vocal performance he has been pulling it out the bag pretty consistently for a few years now.

I was making a point about how you can't just judge the performance by the crowd erupting in Gunns5's example. People live will get excited for a lot of things, just like the VMA 2002 audience, but they're probably not paying as close attention to the actual singing as the people watching on TV. Axl's vocals are a lot better than 2002, but as the 2010 video shows above, a lot of people would be claiming he sucks if he sang like that on national television.

shit if all axl had to do is sing 30 seconds of the song and that was it, it would sound studio quality axls voice on SCOM since 2006 has been fine sounds great

You think Axl in that video above (2010 live) sounds great?

I'm not trying to hate on Axl, but some perspective needs to be added. If he sang SCOM live at the superbowl it wouldn't go down well. I'm happy to listen to another recent live performance of SCOM if that particular video is an anomoly, but I doubt it.

like i said if all he had to do was sing 30 seconds of the song it would sound studio quality, he is almost 50 years old now and with doing a 2 1/2 hour set of course your going to lose some power but i think does SCOM just fine does it sound like 1987 no it doesnt sound like 2001 nor does it sound like fergie last night

Haha, okay.

He'll change 20 years of precedent because he's really focusing this time. Are you implying he's not trying his best when he tours?

Okay, I just went to youtube and typed in "Guns N Roses Sweet Child O Mine 2010" and picked the first vid: If Axl sang like this in front of 110 million in the USA alone, he would be written off as a complete hack and totally washed up. All the people would be comparing it to the studio quality track they've heard 100's of times and it simply pales in comparison. That's a fact.

Dude, there's really nothing wrong with that performance. I'd like to say that it's 100x better than how Fergie did it, but all I can say is that Fergie, or anybody else but Axl has no right to sing that or any other Guns tune. It will always be Karaoke time, just like last night. That's why I love and respect the man's talents.

On topic, I'll assume Axl thought it was Slash's way of showing him how much he misses him, as it must really suck to play those Guns tunes with unfit vocalists.

For all the "Nu GnR" proponents: Funny how they used Slasher and not DJ or Bucketretard or Finck etc....noone knows who the hell they are! 1st thing 110 million people thought was "cool, SLash from Guns N Roses!" Face it, along with Axl he is GnR. Their is a reason they didn't use a current "member" of GnR. Noone cares about the hired guns.

@Ghostie

Some would say Axl singing it is usually "karaoke time" compared to the studio recording. But whatever.

As far as nobody should be playing it except Axl, I'd disagree as long as Slash is out there and not playing with Axl.

I wouldn't call this bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18S25gSJ6eM

Edited by Martin Riggs

Did you guys hear what Slash was doing during Superbowl 2011 halftime?

I did.

Heard it on the radio. Saw it on the news. Read it in the paper. :)

yeah the bad slash/fergie performance is making news only second to that Christine arguiera crap, sadly its for all the wrong reasons :rofl-lol:

@Ghostie

Some would say Axl singing it is usually "karaoke time" compared to the studio recording. But whatever.

As far as nobody should be playing it except Axl, I'd disagree as long as Slash is out there and not playing with Axl.

I wouldn't call this bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18S25gSJ6eM

Difference, Myles Kennedy is a respected rocker. Fergie is a dope who wets herself on stage.

If Slash would have been onstage at the Super Bowl with someone like Myles or Weiland, there would have been no complaints from me.

As far as Axl doing a halftime show. I would hope he would perform songs he usually nailed live in 2010.

Haha, okay.

ahhhhhh come on! his voice on sweet child is just fine, it's just an hundred time better than tokyo dvd. he's find a middle between a destroyed voice and a perfectly clean voice. he's got the good rasp for me and it's perfect the way he sings in 2010. give a little more cardio and its the best.

sucking on betas teet

:rofl-lol: , its obvious there were monitor issues because that fergie bitch can sing ,

ferguie as a hell of a voice, but there was a really bad mixing at super bowl. I'd sure prefer axl singing it but saying she cant sing is false. btw she seemed to be the only one NOT lypsincing

I did.

yeah the bad slash/fergie performance is making news only second to that Christine arguiera crap, sadly its for all the wrong reasons :rofl-lol:

Correction. It was a lackluster performance from the Black Eyed Peas that's making news. No one's ragging on Slash. He was there for 30 seconds.

I did.

Correction. It was a lackluster performance from the Black Eyed Peas that's making news. No one's ragging on Slash. He was there for 30 seconds.

No ones raggin on slash? Lol were you on twitter last night?

I did.

No ones raggin on slash? Lol were you on twitter last night?

Lol no. I mean real people.

You said "making news". Any news I saw slagged the Black Eyed Peas performance, with only a mention that Slash was there.

Edited by Bards

Haha, okay.

ahhhhhh come on! his voice on sweet child is just fine, it's just an hundred time better than tokyo dvd. he's find a middle between a destroyed voice and a perfectly clean voice. he's got the good rasp for me and it's perfect the way he sings in 2010. give a little more cardio and its the best.

sucking on betas teet

:rofl-lol: , its obvious there were monitor issues because that fergie bitch can sing ,

ferguie as a hell of a voice, but there was a really bad mixing at super bowl. I'd sure prefer axl singing it but saying she cant sing is false. btw she seemed to be the only one NOT lypsincing

i agree with axls voice, it is fine the guy is going to be 50 fucking years old and he still can bring it, the thing he needs to do is maybe not run as much my brother is a hater on new guns i was playing nightrain from i think osaka and he says to me he still has got a great voice, people hate to hate