Lady Gaga - Born This Way

axl_on_drums

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has become so pretentious, she's believing her own hype and she knows if she didn't have these gimmicks she'd be nothing. Her lyrics are nothing different to any other generic pop 'artists', her voice is great but you hardly hear it through the autotune and her beats are created by other people. She's not anything special or groundbreaking.

For someone who claims artistry and creativity is a big part of her music, we don't see much of it. Repetitive lyrics, no emotion and her refusal to show gay men kissing in her videos when she's supposed to be the most gay-friendly pop star is beyond me.

I used to be a 'monster' but thank God I was able to see her for what she really is: a hypocritical, cocky, arrogant fake.

"It doesn't matter if you listen to crap, or capital S-H-I-T. Just get your wallets out, 'cause you've been brainwashed baby" is the best way to describe her fans. They annoy me more than the Beliebers.

I think I've felt previously that she's always had the music to back up her weirdness... from Just Dance (still my favourite of hers) onwards through to Alejandro I loved her songs. After watching that video I felt like the music was just an aside and not a particularly distracting one to whatever else was going on in the video (which I'm still completely wtf about).

I think I've felt previously that she's always had the music to back up her weirdness... from Just Dance (still my favourite of hers) onwards through to Alejandro I loved her songs. After watching that video I felt like the music was just an aside and not a particularly distracting one to whatever else was going on in the video (which I'm still completely wtf about).

If this was Facebook, I would 'like' this. If this was Tumblr, I would 'reblog' this.

But as it's this forum, I have to click 'reply', and then type something vaguely topical.

• 2 months later...

I have a few more tracks to go before I'm done, but Scheiße was really the only one so far that I kind of liked (aside from Born This Way, Judas, Edge Of Glory). I'll give the full album another listen a few times, but so far, my opinion on it isn't that great.

I have a few more tracks to go before I'm done, but Scheiße was really the only one so far that I kind of liked (aside from Born This Way, Judas, Edge Of Glory). I'll give the full album another listen a few times, but so far, my opinion on it isn't that great.

Yeah, but watch it get called all the usual shit, "artistic", "groundbreaking", "most amazing record of all time ever", etc etc. Born This Way and Judas were pretty uninteresting tracks, so I doubt Born This Way will be the first whole Gaga album I hear either.

Guest Len B'stard

She's shit. As in absolute shit. I think, if you're a man over the age of 13 and you like Lady Gaga you should get checked out. Lady Gaga is the latest in a long line of absolute bastard record company pot luck, of which Madonna was the first, where they picked someone to manufacture and it turns out that the public end up thinking she's a "artist". Imagine their grins.

But honestly, fucking awful self involved dilletante, just shit and boring recycled little stunts backed up with Casio keyboard memory bank music, a shit unimaginative rip off pastiche of artists like David Bowie, there is a desperate struggle going on, that much is clear.

But all that aside, most important, the music sucks. And thats it really, thats all you can say about that shit, how do you describe something that just...sucks. alle-alle-jandro, alle-alle-jandroooo...uhhhh....thats really a song that grown ups listen to?!?!?!

alle-alle-jandro, alle-alle-jandro! Right, i get it, i see the genius. Come back Cyndi Lauper, at least you made me laugh. In a society more committed to notions of justice and integrity people like Lady Gaga would be summarily executed by 5 ft 10, 300 lb Mexicans with ill-fitting uniforms over wife beaters, sweaty backs, big mustaches and gruff cynical Tequila ravaged voice with their machete blades stilll sticky from hacking sugar cane...all named Allejandro.

would've been a great 9-10 track album, but there's quite a bit of filler weighing it down right now. i guess the record company gave her free reins with this one; still, the best tracks blow me away to dance-pop heaven

"hair", "sheiße" and "judas" are still some of the most excellent pop songs the world will hear for a while

and the last paragraph of the last post was fucking retarded

Edited by Pico

What's the deal with all the male fans? Do you guys think you would like her if there was actually cool bands around today like there was in the 90's? I don't really have a problem with Madonna, but I would have never bought one of her albums and gone to see her. Do you think you guys would be into Lady Gaga if all the great 90's bands and rap artists were around today in their primes?

What's the deal with all the male fans? Do you guys think you would like her if there was actually cool bands around today like there was in the 90's? I don't really have a problem with Madonna, but I would have never bought one of her albums and gone to see her. Do you think you guys would be into Lady Gaga if all the great 90's bands and rap artists were around today in their primes?

There are, generally speaking, only 12 individual notes in the whole world.

To me, good music is good music, whether it's played by a rock band, a jazz band, a pop entertainer, or a group of Gregorian chanting monks.

Edited by oneway23

There are, generally speaking, only 12 individual notes in the whole world.

To me, good music is good music, whether it's played by a rock band, a jazz band, a pop entertainer, or a group of Gregorian chanting monks.

I think his point was asking if people would like Gaga as much if there were better musicians around today like in the past, albeit it wasn't worded that well. The early 90s had an absolute overflow of good music, so yeah, I'm curious to whether she'd be popular in that timeframe up against so many other good musicians.

i think her music is dire' i

cant really make any sense of it'

i dont think she can lace maddonas shoes'

after all this really is a rehashed maddona isn't it

but as far as i'm concerned i think she used to be a man' have you seen the nose on that thing? biggest nose on a so called woman ive ever seen

the fact she calls herself lady kind of gives it away

RIPOFF!

Much like her style.

when she first broke into the spotlight she reminded me of a time Iceland trolled Eurovision with a persona much like her... an egomaniac that made everyone in Europe crazy and the first contentant to be boo'd after the song lol

Why stop there? Would Gaga's music have been as popular in the 70's? ...the 60's? How about the Renaissance era? Stupid point. She's here now, her music is popular. But thanks for the outstanding time travel argument, Randy..

-Kickingthehabit

Really, I mean how would she have fared amongst the Stones and Beatles?

Alongside Charlie Parker and Charles Mingus?

In the Pre-War era with Robert Johnson and Blind Lemon Jefferson?

Preposterous

Guest Len B'stard

Why stop there? Would Gaga's music have been as popular in the 70's? ...the 60's? How about the Renaissance era? Stupid point. She's here now, her music is popular. But thanks for the outstanding time travel argument, Randy..

-Kickingthehabit

Really, I mean how would she have fared amongst the Stones and Beatles?

Alongside Charlie Parker and Charles Mingus?

In the Pre-War era with Robert Johnson and Blind Lemon Jefferson?

Preposterous

Oh have a day off for fuckssake, he was taking the piss. When have you ever known Randy to ask a serious question? Actually, thats probably the closest to a serious question i've ever seen come out of Randy, i kinda see him as the sort of savant of the ridiculous of the forum, Randy is one of the few people who actually makes this place fun still. It's always cool but it's rarely fun lately.

Unless Randys like some trans-atlantic Karl Pilkington and every word he says has been deadly serious and in fact, im the fool for taking it as a joke, who knows actually :shrugs:

she could be like Twiggy in a completely asexual lesbian way. Lady Gaga is code of deviance in a really no risk mainstream way. you know stock brokers beat off to her music every nite after they get back from the karoke club.