Bands/Artists that you're dying to see Live, but haven't been able to yet

Black Sabbath

I've seen a ton of the ones listed. :tongue2:

Zep's sadly missing from my list.

I had a chance to see the Clash in Toronto at C.N.E. Grandstand (1982-ish),but we decided not to go.

It seemed kinda wanky at the time...the Clash in a football stadium.

I reeeeeeally regret not going now.

I keep missing out on Prince. Could've gone to one of his aftershows but I didn't feel like taking a "what if" gamble at 2-3AM on a work night, because sometimes he doesn't show, but he does some of his best guitar playing at those shows. Missed the Neubauten tour this year. If Talking Heads or The Smiths reunite, I'll fly to wherever they're playing, even though I've seen Morrissey and David Byrne, and Johnette with the other 3 Heads, and Marr with Modest Mouse.

Roxy Music... still have yet to see Bryan Ferry, but if Brian Eno performed with them, that's another one I'd fly to go see.

I've done my share of scamming free tickets and trying to find ways of getting into shows without paying. But radio station promos where some bands will do those live in the studio or on a harbor cruise, playing the waiting game at concerts where scalpers would sell tickets for cheap, knowing people working a show and getting me in, and people just offloading their tickets, I've been to a few shows without it costing me too much money.

Roy Harper never plays the US, but it was near impossible to get out to where he was playing at the time. I think Robert Plant should be hooking him up with some US dates.

Don't miss some of those bands on second stage at the fests, because they could be headliners.

If Richard and Linda Thompson play together, that's another one I'd go out of my way for.

I had a chance to see the Clash in Toronto at C.N.E. Grandstand (1982-ish),but we decided not to go.

Was that The Who "farewell" tour? I passed on seeing them when Mick left. Seen Joe Strummer with the Mescaleros and had a great time.

Never been a fan of stadium shows. I don't get anyone who can justify them. Everyone's paying to see a good show. If you need binoculars to see the stage, it's a rip off. If you want to put on a show with spectacle, take it to Broadway. I guess it's cool to have a parking lot BBQ before a show, but if your seats are way up in the clouds, it's no fun.

Arctic Monkeys

Paul McCartney

The Killers

The Raconteurs (Highly unlikely, I know)

New Found Glory

Crash Kings

Jay-Z

Daft Punk

Phoenix

Fang Island

The Flaming Lips

Wilco

Lady Gaga

The Fratellis

Hockey

Jack Johnson

The Strokes/Julian Casablancas

Kid Cudi

MGMT

Oasis/The Gallagher side projects

of Montreal

Radiohead

Rise Against

Guess that's good enough for now

The Eagles (would've seen them at Hampden in 2009 but I ended up going on holiday to Portugal)

Death Cab For Cutie

Manic Street Preachers

Blackfield

A Fine Frenzy

Pure Reason Revolution

Martha Tilston

Idlewild

The Who

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

Fleetwood Mac (although they don't do a lot of the Christine McVie songs these days and she was my favourite singer with them)

Somewhat Unlikely:

The Darkness

Led Zeppelin

I was disappointed when seeing Kiss.

Why?

Sometimes you want to see something, just for the fun of it or just to have seen it, or for the memory, allthough not really your style. And Kiss live is fun! I also have seen U2, but only like the older music, but when a band like that comes, big show and all, I want to see it. I also went to Madonna and I have nothing with her music, but had to see it. Probably I just wanted to see her hang on that cross ;) ) I keep on missing Kiss, I was going to the last time, but had to cancel, later I found out Axl was there!

So again why?

Edited by MBRose

Why?

Sometimes you want to see something, just for the fun of it or just to have seen it, or for the memory, allthough not really your style. And Kiss live is fun! I also have seen U2, but only like the older music, but when a band like that comes, big show and all, I want to see it. I also went to Madonna and I have nothing with her music, but had to see it. Probably I just wanted to see her hang on that cross ;) ) I keep on missing Kiss, I was going to the last time, but had to cancel, later I found out Axl was there!

So again why?

I just found their show boring. Maybe it was because I had seen GNR two days before. I had just expected more I guess.

Why?

So again why?

I just found their show boring. Maybe it was because I had seen GNR two days before. I had just expected more I guess.

Oh, ok I explained your post the wrong way.

You have seen them already, I thought you were dissapointed to see it on my list. :)

Well I guess after seeing Axl live, everything else is disappointing ;)

Was that The Who "farewell" tour? I passed on seeing them when Mick left. Seen Joe Strummer with the Mescaleros and had a great time.

Never been a fan of stadium shows. I don't get anyone who can justify them. Everyone's paying to see a good show. If you need binoculars to see the stage, it's a rip off. If you want to put on a show with spectacle, take it to Broadway. I guess it's cool to have a parking lot BBQ before a show, but if your seats are way up in the clouds, it's no fun.

It was around the time of that Who tour...which I saw at the same venue.

The Clash show was their own.It wasn't full stadium,it was half stadium...where they set the stage up on the field facing one side of the stands...holds about 20,000.

Just seemed kinda weird for the Clash.

One cool thing about it though...people got pissed being so far away from the band up in the stands.So they started jumping the railing on to the floor,past security..and turned it into more of an intimate event..well,as best as they could anyway.