When did this forum become a no rumors forum?!?

Christian

When did this forum become a no rumors forum?? I mean, the years upon the release of Chinese Democracy, all we did discuss were rumors day in and day out...

I know the section "GUNS N ROSES RELATED NEWSWIRE" says "News with sources/no rumors", but in this section (DISCUSSION & NEWS) I really think we should be able to talk about rumors as well as news. don't you agree? This whole band is based on rumors!

It's sad to see that this forum is slowly turning into that other forum with 5 letters...

Rumors are certainly interesting to say the least.

I love them and I think that rumors have more place on this board than "Did Axl shampoo his cornrows?" But unfounded lies is another story. One might say it's libel... But after seeing the "horses mouth", one realizes that horse is nothing but a jackass. An unemployed jackass who genuinely believes that he has Axl's balls in his back pocket.

Rumors are one thing. Amateur blackmail is another.

Usually this forum has a good attitude towards substantial rumors. No problem at all. This however is more a case of a fat attentionwhore with no life who keeps milking his own little rumor so he can feel like people are interested in him.

Great decision not to allow this. Perhaps the explanation could have been phrased better.

as i remember, whenever it became obvious a rumor had no substance, or was highly questionable, it was banded. i thought one of madisons strong points was not perpetuating false information, regardless of its impact on GN'R.

i think we have seen enough of this debacle to make up our minds one way or another. he said what he had to say, we had more than enough time to discuss it, its probably not going anywhere.

good time while it lasted.

Im not trying to stir anything up, but didn't a certain mod on here only about 3-4 days ago say that they believed msl having the stuff he has?

MSL told me on his forum that all the mods he had spoken to in PMs knew he was telling the truth but they were telling a different story in public. You can believe that or not, but to me it makes a lot of sense to think someone from within the inner circle of GN'R has made promises to these individuals in exchange for their compliance.

Guest Len B'stard

Usually this forum has a good attitude towards substantial rumors. No problem at all. This however is more a case of a fat attentionwhore with no life who keeps milking his own little rumor so he can feel like people are interested in him.

Great decision not to allow this. Perhaps the explanation could have been phrased better.

as i remember, whenever it became obvious a rumor had no substance, or was highly questionable, it was banded. i thought one of madisons strong points was not perpetuating false information, regardless of its impact on GN'R.

i think we have seen enough of this debacle to make up our minds one way or another. he said what he had to say, we had more than enough time to discuss it, its probably not going anywhere.

good time while it lasted.

This for example is a nicely phrased explanation.

I like the way you said it better :rofl-lol:

Im not trying to stir anything up, but didn't a certain mod on here only about 3-4 days ago say that they believed msl having the stuff he has?

Even if that's true (I don't know if it is) I'd still be against giving fatass a platform to milk it like he's been doing.

@final_touches:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=173849

Thanks man!

Only 3-4 years ago a certain mod was caught pretending to be a girl using multiple accounts and was shown to be a wierdo liar! I don't believe anything any of them say.

It really depends on the purpose of the forum. If the forum is okay with being a platform for any individual that wants to spread manufactured stories with the goal of destroying the very foundation of that forum, then sure, it can mindlessly allow the spread and discussion of unsubstantiated rumours that threaten to hurt the band. But if the purpose of the forum really is to be a social network for people that support a band and want that band all he best, then such malicious people should not be allowed to use the forum as a platform for their hateful purpose. So, as long as the rumours are not in any way substantiated, I agree that these rumours should not be discussed and spread. It is just not in the benefit of the fans.

I am not even certain that the rumours should be discussed if they are proven. I mean, it's morally disgusting to spread stolen intellectual property (personal emails and documents). Should the forum be a platform for such activity? I doubt it. I understand that some youngsters can't help themselves for wanting to peep into private and personal emails when it's about their favorite bands even if the spread of this property may damage the band, but a forum run be responsible grown-ups should hopefully be able to take a more moral stance.

Only 3-4 years ago a certain mod was caught pretending to be a girl using multiple accounts and was shown to be a wierdo liar! I don't believe anything any of them say.

Ohhhhh SNAP!!! Is Gunsguy a mod now???

i thought one of madisons strong points was not perpetuating false information, regardless of its impact on GN'R.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Thanks for the laugh Jackie.

Let's not forget about all the true information that was immediately shut down by her because she didn't like it (mostly Buckethead related).

i thought one of madisons strong points was not perpetuating false information, regardless of its impact on GN'R.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Thanks for the laugh Jackie.

Let's not forget about all the true information that was immediately shut down by her because she didn't like it (mostly Buckethead related).

Madison, despite what many Buckethead fanboys believe, was completely right in her decisions regarding threads about him. Whether you liked it ot not, ex-member.

Spoken like a true Madison fanboy.

For the mods to delete a 50-some page thread that had grown in less than 24 hours, is really disgusting. I realize that the thread will be "cleaned" or "censored" so there is no need to repost the link. I rarely ever post here but Im here several times a day. This type of behavior of the mods really makes me sick.

We sustained ourselves via rumor for years while waiting on Chinese Democracy.... and just now, all of a sudden, a rumor that is not so far out in left field is shot down. Please, just give me a break. Some of us might have been born at night, but it wasnt last night.

Plus the fact that Bumblefoot posted in the topic.... he started a little rough but he was just defending himself. Eventually, it got to the point of him actually having a decent time... (I hope.) My whole reason of posting this today is to let the mods know that I am not at all happy with how this has gone down.

Exactly this!

For the mods to delete a 50-some page thread that had grown in less than 24 hours, is really disgusting. I realize that the thread will be "cleaned" or "censored" so there is no need to repost the link. I rarely ever post here but Im here several times a day. This type of behavior of the mods really makes me sick.

We sustained ourselves via rumor for years while waiting on Chinese Democracy.... and just now, all of a sudden, a rumor that is not so far out in left field is shot down. Please, just give me a break. Some of us might have been born at night, but it wasnt last night.

Plus the fact that Bumblefoot posted in the topic.... he started a little rough but he was just defending himself. Eventually, it got to the point of him actually having a decent time... (I hope.) My whole reason of posting this today is to let the mods know that I am not at all happy with how this has gone down.

You honestly could not be more wrong in your assessment of the situation.

Guys, I'm usually pretty frank and transparent so forgive me for being cryptic just this once - but please try to understand that there are many factors that have led to this position being taken, many of which you guys aren't aware of. Before you go about making ill informed comments like that (not your fault, granted - but you're definately ill informed) please try and consider this possibility.