Bumblefoot Releases New Cover

Cdlove

Press Release

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal has released his second song in a series of singles being released digitally this year, a guitar-driven cover of the Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever"

The song is available in MP3 (320kps), AAC, and higher-quality formats FLAC, MP3 HD, Apple Lossless and WAV. An instrumental version of the song is available in these formats as well.

For guitarists, there's a "Player Pack" that has a transcription of the entire lead guitar track as a PDF file - musical notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and helpful hints. Included with the transcription is a 'Backing Track' mix and a 'Boosted Lead Guitar' mix, in both WAV & MP3 formats.

The "Producer Pack" contains 48kHz/24-bit Stereo WAV files of the mix 'stems' - there's a file of drums, percussion, bass, rhythm guitars, guitar harmonies, lead guitar, guitar extras, and vocals that you can load into your multi-track software and play with levels, making your own mixes.

This one is absolutely awesome. Bernadette was awesome, but this just blows it out of the water.

Edited by Cdlove

Press Release

Guns N' Roses guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal has released his second song in a series of singles being released digitally this year, a guitar-driven cover of the Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever"

The song is available in MP3 (320kps), AAC, and higher-quality formats FLAC, MP3 HD, Apple Lossless and WAV. An instrumental version of the song is available in these formats as well.

For guitarists, there's a "Player Pack" that has a transcription of the entire lead guitar track as a PDF file - musical notation, TAB, fingers, picking, and helpful hints. Included with the transcription is a 'Backing Track' mix and a 'Boosted Lead Guitar' mix, in both WAV & MP3 formats.

The "Producer Pack" contains 48kHz/24-bit Stereo WAV files of the mix 'stems' - there's a file of drums, percussion, bass, rhythm guitars, guitar harmonies, lead guitar, guitar extras, and vocals that you can load into your multi-track software and play with levels, making your own mixes.

This one is absolutely awesome. Bernadette was awesome, but this just blows it out of the water.

seconded great cover

Loved it! Great cover, and the vocals here are amazing!

Does anyone know when Invisible will be out?

Don't think anyone know when he'll release it. He's doing a video for it though, so he'll probably finnish that before he release the song.

Art isn't ready, video isn't started, so I'm pushing Invisible to mid-March. No later.

Loved it! Great cover, and the vocals here are amazing!

Does anyone know when Invisible will be out?

Don't think anyone know when he'll release it. He's doing a video for it though, so he'll probably finnish that before he release the song.

Art isn't ready, video isn't started, so I'm pushing Invisible to mid-March. No later.

Ah, that's true. Forgot about that.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think it's great (bought the single and instrumental). A lot more heavy than the happy go lucky essence of "Bernadette". The haunting/almost grunge like vocals are awesome (bass accompanies that well). The simplistic riff (in comparison with others) works well, and more importantly affirms that Ron, contrary to otherwise suggestions, is not just a shredder.

Having said that, I prefer "Bernadette". Why? Well simply because it appears to my ear passages more (“Strawberry Fields” does too, just to a lesser extent).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

it's fucking epic...I was so glad to hear that he hadn't done anything too fancy to the song, kept it nice and simple, this cover got me into bumble's solo stuff and I was pretty amazed to be quite honest, to find out that his music wasn't as weird as I thought it would be, or maybe I've just grown used to listening more experimental stuff, but I've listened to 'Abnormal' and '9.11' so far and I'm loving it! Getting Normal and Hands soon...

it's fucking epic...I was so glad to hear that he hadn't done anything too fancy to the song, kept it nice and simple, this cover got me into bumble's solo stuff and I was pretty amazed to be quite honest, to find out that his music wasn't as weird as I thought it would be, or maybe I've just grown used to listening more experimental stuff, but I've listened to 'Abnormal' and '9.11' so far and I'm loving it! Getting Normal and Hands soon...

I'd probably stick to just normal and abnormal actually. The general consensus is that they're his best albums by far;

personally I didn't like the rest of his stuff apart from this song:

Dont listen to that last poster, Bumble's older albums are absolutely awesome, never one album that are the same as the other.

Hermit is awesome, go for that too.