Has anybody else given up on the notion of New GNR ever being a normal band?

ITW 2012

It's best that Indiana Rose sees out the original CD trilogy. Once you get past three in a trilogy things tend to get dodgy. I think it would be a better world without Lethal Weapon 4 and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

So unless Axl has been making music on his own, it seems the last time Guns has written

anything at all was 2006.

It seems unlikely that he was making music on his own however; all the reports of the CD

sessions suggest that he preferred Robin, bucket, Tommy et al. to come up with music first

and then he would change it, write lyrics etc.

The depressing thing is that it's as likely as not that the CD sessions are never released, and that the

current band never make any music together.

it's not that ron, dj couldn't write an album, it's just it would take 10 years or something. Axl obviously has somekind of idea of CD II, III so that's what GNR is at this point. Guns aren't U2, Kiss or Oasis they don't just throw albums out full of filler and everyone applauds. i like those bands but why throw up a brick. even when they put out wall to wall singles people complain about an intro to a song or one solo. the scrutiny is too tight to not plan better. just n opinion i dont know shit. ABP - always be posting.

Edited by wasted

The way I feel about it is this: It's out of my control. It's not my band. I'm not in the band. Axl is going to do what he's going to do. If new music comes out, VERY cool. We all want that. If not, well, we just have to deal with it.

I fixed that for you. The "band" (outside of Axl) has about as much say in what GNR does as you, me or anyone else on this board.

Why? Who asked you to? I meant that they're going to go off and do their solo projects like Tommy and Bumblefoot do.

I accept that New GNR is a NIN style backing band, but I think it would be nice if Axl could find a way to get the rest of CD released and toured before too long.

Man, look at credits of Chinese Democracy and look at credits of The Fragile. See any difference?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl might roll with material from the “Chinese Democracy” sessions for the remainder of his career (and I'd be more than happy). But surely if Dj/Bumblefoot etc. do not get a shot at the studio they've been brought into the band under false pretenses (I can't imagine it's been emphasized to them that they're touring hands and nothing more)?

Has anybody else given up on the notion of New GNR ever being a normal band? The kind that writes, records, releases and tours with the same lineup. I just want the rest of the CD trilogy and another tour. I'm reading all these comments about how the current touring incarnation needs to start fresh, with a brand new album written by them, and I'm thinking, really?

[some youtube link with jim carrey]

They were never a normal band, nubcake. Where have you been?

But hey, I'm sure they'll take your advice for the Madagascar video. That was just sheer brilliance, mmm hmm yup.

All you do is bitch and moan and create recockulous threads. You're bordering on spam at this point, lulz. ; )

Get over it. Can't you enjoy the shenanigans of GNR? Seriously! I mean, I sorta dig the whole "shrouded in mystery" thing going on with GNR. I like the uncertainty of what comes next. I like the unpredictability. No bullshit, I really do. I like the intrigue, y'know? I like reading Axl calling people a cunt. Haha.

Me, personally, I dig the various lineups of Deep Purple and Kiss and even Van Halen(shh don't tell anyone), and I certainly didn't mind when Whitesnake made that one album with Steve Vai. The list goes on, and includes GNR. It's rock n roll, man- shit happens. Lineups change. Feuds occur. People join other bands. Yer gonna just have to deal. Which I'm sure you will mister attention-want. Hmm.. kind of like Slash... attention want. [/Nelson laugh]

I don't view the hired hands as a band as such. I view them as hired hands - hired by Mr Rose to support the name Guns N'Roses. While Mr Rose remains in control, it will never function like a 'normal' band. If it were a normal band, all band members would share equal rights to the name and have equal input to pursue the same goal. For the moment, it appears to be about pursuing Mr Roses goal's and vision. I guess the hired hands know that too, and so long as the hands are on stage it can't do any harm to their exposure, which in effect every hired hand enjoys, atleast for a while. Unless the hired hands do something GN'R related soon, my bet is, some if not all will depart, the same way Buckethead and Robin Finck departed.

Edited by star

Guns N' Roses will never be a normal band again. That ceased about a few years after Appetite came out. Even during the recording of UYI, Axl was hardly there and did much of the arrangements over the phone. Things got worse when Izzy left and of course, when they signed over the rights to Axl and the UYI tour came to an end. Success was their demise..

Has anybody else given up on the notion of New GNR ever being a normal band? The kind that writes, records, releases and tours with the same lineup. I just want the rest of the CD trilogy and another tour. I'm reading all these comments about how the current touring incarnation needs to start fresh, with a brand new album written by them, and I'm thinking, really?

Great band live, no doubt about it........that's it though. imo.

Great band live, no doubt about it........that's it though. imo.

That's good enough for me. Axl's like Andrew Lloyd Webber and these are the performers he hired to put on Chinese Democracy for all of us. GNR albums have always been like bid budget theatrical plays anyway.