Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

stratus

How did I manage to quote that 2 minutes before he even posted?

:drevil:

Haha, you're prescient. (I was trying to delete/repost before anyone saw it... well you saw it. haha)

I think you hate Slash more than Axl does mate..the funny thing is Slash has moved on with his life while you and Axl still seem to hold a grudge...............let it go man it is a waste of energy............Slash has...........

No, I hate Slash fanboys. And I empathize with Axl in his resolve to issue payback to those who have wronged him.

Funny you should try to make a comment about moving on with one's life. Seems to me Axl has moved on- he's not the one craving media attention, he's not the one still wearing the same outfit he did 20 years ago, he's not the one releasing formulaic blues rock that harkens back to *ahem* the glory days. No, Axl and GNR do some touring and released an album that was radically different than past GNR efforts. Who's moved on again?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash is a bit of a cunt, that might have something to do with it.

HA! agreed, that snaky,snarky,passive-aggressive attitude makes me have the same opinion of him,can we post the superbowl halftime footage and add Barnum & Bailey Circus Music? :lol::lol:

light humor people, don't go ballistic :nod:

so your opinion of slash is based on his looks. Why not judge him on his musical ability and the fact that he wrote the riffs that got gnr of the ground. without Slash their wouldn't be any gnr in the first place. Axl would be in LA guns. ha . Kidding. But to me he was the musical genious behind their rapid ascention to fame. Music behind the sing( chord changes) create the landscape flanders inspiration for axl's lyrics. Mabey that's why it's so hard for axl to write now. Booooyah!

Oh look, how cute! I'm going to be communicating this vital piece of information in actual english,so you may need to go fetch a program to translate it to whatever the fuck it is that you are unsuccessfully attempting to write in, Slash has played the same boring riffs for years,he is stuck in the past, You really don't want to get into who can write lyrics and who can't, Slash is as much of a genius as you are a rocket scientist,total sell out, media whoring, lost any respect I had left for the guy at the superbowl appearance,laughable! I guess integrity and truth matter too much to me to listen to slash or any of his shit anymore,so go emboss a meatball ,this is only a forum and what you think won't affect me one way or the other,got that?

History's mysteries...I don't know what mindset Axl has but I think he hates Slash for more than one reason which is probably why the rift maybe too complex to resolve.

According to Slash, Axl was mad about the Snakepit solo album that was made with songs independent of Axl's input and approval. I think Marc Canter backed that up that he wanted to use some of the songs but not all of them. I remember a similar example in a Joe Perry interview where he was saying Steven Tyler wanted him to contribute the best songs for Aerosmith instead of using them for his solo band. Axl never really addressed the Snakepit record issue in the chats even though that's what I remember most from Slash's book so I think the story is true.

In the end, I think from viewing all of Axl's quotes, I think he looks at Guns N' Roses as a part of his personality. The only descriptor on his twitter is "GN'R". Not Axl Rose or Lead Singer.

axlcopy.png

I think at one time he saw Slash as integral with the band but once Slash abandoned it he ended up resenting Slash in many respects.

I remember reading quotes from Steven Adler's bio that Axl really didn't like being ignored and had a story to show it. I think Slash leaving the band and making music without him offended him. I remember Slash was still pursued years after leaving the band.

In 2004 however, after Buckethead left, they were already reaching out to a replacement in Bumblefoot. I know from interviews that Buckethead and Axl respected each other but other than hanging out Disneyland, I don't think they were like real friends. There's probably a quote somewhere where Axl said he didn't trust his bandmembers during the latest tour. MSL gave some insight years ago based on conversations he had with Axl and Slash was still on his mind.

I think I remember his comments on the riots in PA that it "came with the territory" and that could have been viewed by Axl as being kicked when you're down.

I think he didn't like being overshadowed by Slash in the limelight. Slash continues to have more followers everday without Axl's assistance and without mentioning GN'R. He's already universally known and respected and that is probably to the vexation of Axl when Axl doesn't get the same accolades and invites.

slashcopy.png

Also some food for thought,here's a 1988 Japan backstage tour interview with Slash and Duff hanging out and they give out their first candid description of Axl Rose I can recall.

Shitz N' Googles

Slash is a bit of a cunt, that might have something to do with it.

Trilogy:

slash helped create the music, riffs, solos that inspired axl and brought success to the band that you take time out of your day to post about , and brought axl to the level that he is now enjoying. He does posses an element of genious. He might not be the worlds technically best guitarist but he is very good at creating melodic epic solos. Your whole whore for the limelight thing is just something you got from axl. Try coming up w your own opinions. Slash is out working his craft in the biz while axl is so afraid of critisism that he barely does anything musically. I dont dig fergie either but don't be mad at slash just because no one wants to work w axl except bauz. And sorry, I don't proofread my posts, but I got my point across well enough for you to climb down out of axl's ass to insult my intelligence.booyow!

HA! agreed, that snaky,snarky,passive-aggressive attitude makes me have the same opinion of him,can we post the superbowl halftime footage and add Barnum & Bailey Circus Music? :lol: :lol:

light humor people, don't go ballistic :nod:

so your opinion of slash is based on his looks. Why not judge him on his musical ability and the fact that he wrote the riffs that got gnr of the ground. without Slash their wouldn't be any gnr in the first place. Axl would be in LA guns. ha . Kidding. But to me he was the musical genious behind their rapid ascention to fame. Music behind the sing( chord changes) create the landscape flanders inspiration for axl's lyrics. Mabey that's why it's so hard for axl to write now. Booooyah!

Oh look, how cute! I'm going to be communicating this vital piece of information in actual english,so you may need to go fetch a program to translate it to whatever the fuck it is that you are unsuccessfully attempting to write in, Slash has played the same boring riffs for years,he is stuck in the past, You really don't want to get into who can write lyrics and who can't, Slash is as much of a genius as you are a rocket scientist,total sell out, media whoring, lost any respect I had left for the guy at the superbowl appearance,laughable! I guess integrity and truth matter too much to me to listen to slash or any of his shit anymore,so go emboss a meatball ,this is only a forum and what you think won't affect me one way or the other,got that?

Five unoriginal,boring,same repetitive albums,guess quantity over quality is where you're living,suppose if you like that sort of debaucle,dive right into that cesspool of wanton waste,hope you have a taste for fecal matter,and a fondness for redundancy and godawful lyrics!

Trilogy:

I'm not a HUGE Slash solo fan. I personaly like slash best were I like all afd guns, together as one. I have listened to what slash does and your righ, it is the same feel as it's always been. He good at what he goes for. I love Chinese democracy. Axl succesfully took gnr to a new place. Now when you bring up lyrics, I think axl has kinda fallen off. Chinese democracys lyrics are so self absorbed IMO. Their about axl's feelings, his breakups, or some army or country I must be to simple minded to care about ( and lyricaly boring)I really dig the sound though. I like axl's music and as a frontman, but way he conducts himself, the business and the band is horrible.

Five unoriginal,boring,same repetitive albums,guess quantity over quality is where you're living,suppose if you like that sort of debaucle,dive right into that cesspool of wanton waste,hope you have a taste for fecal matter,and a fondness for redundancy and godawful lyrics!

In my quest not to say anything unpleasant about Axl any longer I have not posted on this thread. Let me just say you are a norrow minded idiot and leave it at that. Of course your head is shoved so far up your ass you probably cannot think straight anyway.

Everyone here needs to take a look at the rolling stones corporation. See how that is handled.

Why does slash hate axl? The best bet is to look at writing credit and money. Even in the Appetite days Slash thought he was the most important person to the GNR sound. Check out the interview where he says he says "my playing is 50% of what we are about, maybe even more than that". I'd say it's pretty safe to say Slash has a big ass ego! - especially considering he has writing credit on only 6 out of 12 songs. Whereas izzy has 10 and axl has 9.

Unlucky wrong buddy. Slash has credit in the most of Appetite songs, 8 songs in total.

Edited by sergiodefenders

Now when you bring up lyrics, I think axl has kinda fallen off. Chinese democracys lyrics are so self absorbed IMO. Their about axl's feelings, his breakups, or some army or country I must be to simple minded to care about ( and lyricaly boring)

that's a good point, he screeches his usual high notes and brings some intensity. But it seems all for show, as in, gotta compensate for the less-than-good lyrics being sung...

Your entitled to your opinion mate but you keep missing one key point...Slash and his fans really don't give a shit if you like his music or not...you don't like it don't listen to it...pretty simple yes?

So Slash if you read this post keep dealing us big heaping helpings of that down and dirty blues shit my brother, I can't get enough.........

Listen to to what CC said Slash and keep heaping it on us!

Sleeper-

I second that emotion.

But trilogy is sooooo fuckin smart man. Recognize his unending flow of knowlege. And his head isn't in his own ass he's a tapeworm in axl's . Say hello to slash while your in their trilogy.

Let's try this again, Crisp,concise,and to the point,and actually written in a recognizable form of communication,which is undoubtedly over the heads of some participants in this sad deluge parody of a debate over an issue nobody here can factually fucking answer with any degree of accuracy,this in essence is a moot point, things are what they are and you can accept it or blindly refuse to see the goddamn truth,that said,I lost any and all respect I had for slash due to his career "choices" his mealy-mouthed bullshit he has been spewing all these years, and the caliber of material he has been passing off as "music",who can honestly say they weren't totally and absolutely disgusted,even embarrassed about the sparkly sequined hat,and the ridiculous squealing of that pig he was playing for? I particularly enjoyed the glowing costumes that looked like escapees from a radioactive accident,that performance along with "all things considered" sealed the deal for me,slash is a disease

and nobody wants ass disease, now compute that,configure it,and feel free to hurl all the names and abuse you want in my direction, if you think it justifies your blindness,or fills up that empty space between your ears,nothing you can do or say will change my mind,change the circumstances,or will turn back time,Fact-I like GNR,at a time I liked slash, I still like GNR,but slash is not in the equasion anymore,I've

been around long enough,listened to enough music,and seen what has transpired over the years,I still choose to stand strong with GNR, and don't care that they don't operate like any other band,don't care about whiny yuppies bitching about the start times,Rock was never supposed to be safe,predictable,or follow a certain set of innane rules,

I will firmly stay with the music that actually means something to me,and that music is now,and always was Guns N' Roses,so take that information and shove it up your collective asses, I don't care about you,nor your opinions,complaints,or speculations,my mind is made up, Fuck you very much!

Sleeper-

I second that emotion.

But trilogy is sooooo fuckin smart man. Recognize his unending flow of knowlege. And his head isn't in his own ass he's a tapeworm in axl's . Say hello to slash while your in their trilogy.

Let's try this again, Crisp,concise,and to the point,and actually written in a recognizable form of communication,which is undoubtedly over the heads of some participants in this sad deluge parody of a debate over an issue nobody here can factually fucking answer with any degree of accuracy,this in essence is a moot point, things are what they are and you can accept it or blindly refuse to see the goddamn truth,that said,I lost any and all respect I had for slash due to his career "choices" his mealy-mouthed bullshit he has been spewing all these years, and the caliber of material he has been passing off as "music",who can honestly say they weren't totally and absolutely disgusted,even embarrassed about the sparkly sequined hat,and the ridiculous squealing of that pig he was playing for? I particularly enjoyed the glowing costumes that looked like escapees from a radioactive accident,that performance along with "all things considered" sealed the deal for me,slash is a disease

and nobody wants ass disease, now compute that,configure it,and feel free to hurl all the names and abuse you want in my direction, if you think it justifies your blindness,or fills up that empty space between your ears,nothing you can do or say will change my mind,change the circumstances,or will turn back time,Fact-I like GNR,at a time I liked slash, I still like GNR,but slash is not in the equasion anymore,I've

been around long enough,listened to enough music,and seen what has transpired over the years,I still choose to stand strong with GNR, and don't care that they don't operate like any other band,don't care about whiny yuppies bitching about the start times,Rock was never supposed to be safe,predictable,or follow a certain set of innane rules,

I will firmly stay with the music that actually means something to me,and that music is now,and always was Guns N' Roses,so take that information and shove it up your collective asses, I don't care about you,nor your opinions,complaints,or speculations,my mind is made up, Fuck you very much!

If you didn't care about peoples opinions, then there was no need to post that long winded dribble about how much you hate slash (for no real reason I might add)

Edited by WhazUp

Sleeper-

I second that emotion.

can i get my 30 seconds back please?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'd imagine Slash continually (but subtly) peddling the false notion that “Guns N' Roses died with him in 1996 and anything subsequent is illegitimate” annoys Axl.

I'd imagine Slash continually (but subtly) peddling the false notion that “Guns N' Roses died with him in 1996 and anything subsequent is illegitimate” annoys Axl.

i'd imagine that most feel that way, regardless of what ideas slash is (allegedly) peddling.

Is Slash still doing something that pisses off Axl?

Let's see...

• Years of pro-Slash manipulation in the media by Slash himself

• The Guitar Hero lawsuit

• Royalties lawsuit

• Selling out at SuperBowl, playing Guns songs with random groups

• Not being allowed to re-record and release a new version of SCOM (or even the whole AFD), even if it was just to "screw" the old band out of royalties

• Showing up drunk at Axl's porch, and Slash didn't admit it until after a long time

There's probably more. IMO, the most hard-core Slash fans are much more annoying than Slash has ever been though.

I don't get it, aren't some of these things reasons for Slash to be pissed at Axl?

Oh man.

[*]Years of pro-Slash manipulation in the media by Slash himself

Or giving his side of the story when asked. Sure he said some things he shouldn't have and admitted it. I giggle when I see anyone refer to it as "media manipulation" though like he's Fox News spreading propaganda.

[*]The Guitar Hero lawsuit

Nothing to do with Slash. The lawsuit is against Activision.

[*]Royalties lawsuit

Duff was involved in that too. Axl and Duff seem to get along now.

[*]Selling out at SuperBowl, playing Guns songs with random groups

Why would the Super Bowl aggravate Axl? As for playing songs with other groups, he's not playing anything he didn't have a hand in writing. Much like Axl does with his band and the old AFD material.

[*]Not being allowed to re-record and release a new version of SCOM (or even the whole AFD), even if it was just to "screw" the old band out of royalties

That was a record company decision, no?

[*]Showing up drunk at Axl's porch, and Slash didn't admit it until after a long time

This I understand as it bugs me when people show up drunk at my porch. But Slash didn't even see Axl, just left a note with an assistant (perhaps Beta). How much anger could that possibly cause?

But I guess if people are determined to be upset with someone, they'll find a reason.

Maybe, becasue Axl can't stand that :

- Slash as artist is beyong Guns n' Roses name.

- Slash has a beatiful family.

- Slash is loved and respect for rock n' roll World.

- Slash is very respect for Media and colleagues.

- Slash is still loved by Guns n' Roses fans.

- Slash get along wtih all GNR members. ( the important ones)

- Slash has realease several records with out "The last man standing" help.

- Slash has successed after he left the Gun$ n' Ro$e$ support.

- Slash supporters have been really annoying with New GNR.

I don't know, perhaps Axl Rose is jealous and bured that people are still more interested in a reunion with Slash than his new record and boys.

Edited by sergiodefenders

Ok then, let's boil it down a bit:

Axl owns the band's name. Slash WILLINGLY signed it over to him.

Slash, and all his little fanboys, are bitter and regretful over that fateful decision. They can't handle it. And so the defense mechanisms kick in, and blah blah blah "Axl is teh evilz" bullshit posts start pouring in.

Remember this: Slash waged a media campaign to completely smear Axl and exaggerate his eccentricities into epic maniacal dictator totalitarianism. You can't deny this, there is evidence aplenty. Axl's eccentric, but then again, he is a rock n roll frontman. Derr. And Slash himself has even admitted he might've said some things over the years which are legitimate reasons for Axl to be resentful. Go ahead, dare me to dig up the video. Or hell, dare me to dig up the videos of Slash running his mouth like a politician.

And also:
Slash's media whoring is annoying to more people than just Axl. Whoops!

Edited by metaforcesaber

Trilogy:

thank you so much for swinging down off axl's nuts and taking the time set us straight o enlightened one.

Thank you for signing up for yet another account, BBA,

or is this Bonham? Watch your writing style,it's giving you away,how many warnings have you gotten so far?

Asking Bacardi about the "warning level" wasn't a bright move,but I'm not surprised :lol:

This is a GNR forum,there is a section for "former members" Since you have your lips firmly attatched to slash's sphincter why don't you go to a slash forum?

I don't hate, I just lost all respect for slash due to the above issues,and issues Karri mentioned,SunnyDre I hope you realize everyone dismisses anything you write, as you obviously have an agenda,and you don't give a rats testicle about GNR, you are a hater,pure and simple,and anybody claiming Axl is "Jealous" of a

sell-out like slash has unfortunately become needs electroshock therapy,that is unmitigated bullshit to the 9th degree, This is a topic that nobody will agree on,and only knows episodes that have been published,

or seen in interviews over the years,So everyone go listen to what touches your soul,if you have one,I personally do not want to read about Alumni in this section of the forum,and none of you can or will change my opinion,nor the situation,it's an exercise in futility, okay you wasted pile of backwash?

Its pretty simple. Slash has painted the picture of Axl being the sole reason for the original band's implosion and through that has made himself look like the victim. Axl doesn't see it that way, probably quite the opposite.

Which one is right? No one knows, no one on here at least.