Question | Rock In Rio 2011 Broadcast

AxlIsGod.

Multishow, Globo and SKY will transmit Rock in Rio 2011.

Rock in Rio is the biggest music festival of Brazil. Initially performed in Rio de Janeiro, the event already had three editions and moved to Europe in 2004, being made in Portugal and Spain. In nine editions, gathered about 5 million people. In september 23 24, 25, 30 and october 1 and 2, the festival will be back to Rio de Janeiro and promises to bring international artists.

The broadcasts on pay TV and network TV for the Rock in Rio 2011 are already set. In broadcast television, the transmission will be made by Rede Globo; who should transmit daily specials of concerts with compact sets. In pay TV, rights have gone to Multishow and SKY. Multishow shall transmit the concerts of the World Stage (where the main attractions will perform, including Guns N' Roses) live...............

This was posted in the RIR 2011 confirmation thread. I asked in there but sadly to no reply, so, just wondering does this mean that sky will be broadcasting this as a pay per view on the box office? any ideas on how close to the event it will be orderable and Like will it be sort of you pay for one day's worth? Also you guys have any idea on the pricing of these kind of things if it is indeed a payperview, thanks :)

In 2001, I believe DirecTV had the pay per view thing, and it was on Multishow as well.

So my guess is if Sky has the rights this year, it will be on pay per view, as well as on Multishow channel.

But I have no concrete information for you, sorry.

In 2001, I believe DirecTV had the pay per view thing, and it was on Multishow as well.

So my guess is if Sky has the rights this year, it will be on pay per view, as well as on Multishow channel.

Okay Thanks :)

Multishow, Globo and SKY will transmit Rock in Rio 2011.

Rock in Rio is the biggest music festival of Brazil. Initially performed in Rio de Janeiro, the event already had three editions and moved to Europe in 2004, being made in Portugal and Spain. In nine editions, gathered about 5 million people. In september 23 24, 25, 30 and october 1 and 2, the festival will be back to Rio de Janeiro and promises to bring international artists.

The broadcasts on pay TV and network TV for the Rock in Rio 2011 are already set. In broadcast television, the transmission will be made by Rede Globo; who should transmit daily specials of concerts with compact sets. In pay TV, rights have gone to Multishow and SKY. Multishow shall transmit the concerts of the World Stage (where the main attractions will perform, including Guns N' Roses) live...............

Yes, I just found the rest of this article, it says:

Multishow will broadcast the concerts of the "World Stage" (where the main national and international atractions will perform) live and in full, in addition to flashes from "Tenda Brasil" (with performances of national artists), "Tenda Raízes" (with the best of regional music from many countries) and "Tenda Eletrônica" (with the best DJs from Brazil and all over the world). We still don't know how SKY will broadcast it, but it is believed that alternative channels will be created with live broadcasts of the concerts from Palco Mundo ("World Stage"), "Tenda Raízes" and "Tenda Brasil", as they did in 2001 on DirecTV.

http://audienciadatv.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/multishow-globo-e-sky-irao-transmitir-rock-in-rio-2011/

What about Viewers Choice in Canada?

I posted later on the rest of the article in the OP, which states that they still don't know how Sky is going to do it, but most likely it will be alternative channels like DirecTV in 2001.

I myself have Sky, but I have no idea how it works, like, if what we get in Brazil in pay per view you guys can get too. As soon as I find more information I'll post it here for you.

And someone most definitely will record it. I'm seeing if a friend of mine can come over and record it here, since no one will be home at the time... well, my dad will be, but he won't record it for me. Anyway, if I don't record it, someone else will. Plus, Multishow has reruns forever and ever.

And yes, Multishow has an HD channel, but I'm not sure the programming is the same as the normal one. But Rock in Rio will probably be on both.