The almost Guns N' Roses

MANETS.FOREVER

You think Guns N' Roses should have more stars on the band? Check out who almost joined the band when the Illusions band was breaking up and Axl was still mounting the 2000 Intentions line-up:

GUITAR

- Dave Navarro, from Jane's Addiction and Red Hot Chilli Peppers (1991 and 1999).

- Zakk Wylde, from Ozzy Osbourne and Black Label Society.(1995).

- Chris Shiflett, from Foo Fighters (1997).

- Zim Zum, from Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails (1999).

- Richard Fortus (2000).

- Stevie Salas.

- Nick Sterling, from Sebastian Bach Band (2009).

DRUMS

- Tico Torres, from Bon Jovi (1990).

- Igor Cavalera, from Sepultura and Cavalera Conspiracy (1997).

- Dave Abbruzzese, from Pearl Jam (1997).

- Chris Vrenna, from Nine Inch Nails (1997).

Someone posted at GNR Brasil, with pictures, videos, interviews and quotes from the guys regarding them joining (or not) GNR. Didn't feel like translating everything

Well, the Stevie Salas quote is very interesting, I'll translate it:

"When we jamed, each of them was using ProTools, adding some noises - you know, bells and whistles - and the idea was that, from what I could understand, they would record hours of music for then search for some part that could turn into a song. Then they take that piece of the music and start from there. I thought they were all insane"

lol

Edited by MANETS.FOREVER

Nick Sterling??! Proof or link or get to fuck

lol

I don't have the link, but there are some, about him talking about it, Bumblefoot talking about it. There's even a video where he talks about it.

He rehearsaled with Guns N' Roses on 2009, Ron invited him. They didn't have a 3rd guitarist, Robin had left. It was clearly an audition. There was a big thread here about it. Just use the "awesome" search engine.

Edited by MANETS.FOREVER

any proof/quotes to do with chris shiflet? not heard that one before :P

Sure! I'll translate it. If you guys want me to translate any other, just say.

Chris Shiflett

5567440926_bdbf3dd19b.jpg

Was the guitarist of the band No Use For A Name, and it's a Foo Fighters member since 1999. A friend of Chris was getting him an audition with Guns N' Roses, which was making auditions to find someone to replace Robin Finck. But he said he heard Foo Fighters needed a guitarist too, and he asked this friend to get him an audition with Foo Fighters, and no with Guns N' Roses. And it happened that way, and since then, Chris is the Foo Fighters guitarist.

So pleased I did a google image search for Nick Sterling.

Shit!

I believe Dave plays on "Oh My God." Zakk and Slash have both said that the two of them can't play together as the style is too similar. GNR really doesn't need three guitarists.

Yeah, Dave plays on OMG.

Fn love OMG! Take it away Dave..... rock1