Do the Nu-Guns need a nightclubbey "floor" track to properly come back?

phaeryen

As many of you from the united states, and several of you from elsewhere in the world have undoubtedly noticed,

when you launch a new album, or a comeback or whatever, the proper first single nowadays is one where you celebrate the life in the nightclub setting, or even more precisely, actions and reactons made 'on the floor', which refers to the part of nightclubs known to us all simply as, the dancefloor.

So, maybe the Nu-Guns'NRoses needs to take this little bit into equation too. We need to have Axl & The Boys rolling into a nightclub and putting the dancefloor on fire. For this one, maybe Axl needs to call the producers who did the engineering and production on the Rob Zombie records in the late nineties to early 00's. Maybe this song about the essence of life & seduction 'on the floor', could also include an extended C-section which could include a rapper coming in with a verse. What a perfect way to showcase some of Axls old hiphop tendencies, or what do you think ITW2012?

as a case study you can take the way J-Lo came back to the global scene with her nightclubbing anthem 'On The FLoor', or what is it called? The floor? anyway. Axl should take notice. The song should and would include a lot of synths and drum machines of course, but wouldn't be antirock atleast completely.

what do you guys think?

dancefloor+copy.jpg

Can I take this opportunity to say that the riff in that Jennifer Lopez track is a shameless rip off of Stereo Love and it should be burned consequently.

you want to talk about a shameless little rip, listen to the melodies contained in the eighties dance track called Lambada . and tell me how you feel about the j-lo thing after that. :xmasssanta:

Hell no, I would have to agree with the Slashites about ruining the legacy then.

legacy is already ruined.

No it isn't, people can still buy AFD, Lies, UYIs, and TSI. Chinese Democracy doesn't interfere with that.

Also, when I saw this thread, I drank some water just so I could do a spit take.

Edited by chevelle

From those suggestions it does'nt sound like you guys have any concept of whats moving on the club scene.. !

Really.. If the world remix.. Haha.. Holy shit !!

You need a beat.. I could see Axl singing over something like this..

Which I still think is too pop, but atleast not overblown.. !

A track to go with something like that as a remixed version could be:

Your crazy

Breakdown

Don't damn me

Back off bitch

But I don't think it suits for them to do something like that, would be fun as an experiment though !

Thats the kinda vibe I always got from Shacklers, unless you're trying to go all out like Chris Cornell and Scream

Completely agree. Hated that song in the beginning, but now I really like it, and think it could be a really great single for the club scene in terms of a fast song that you're just jumping to. But in terms of a slower more sensual club song I could see ITW.

As a couple of posters have mentioned, Shackler's Revenge, this song has a nightclubbey vibe to it it, and as CD showed us, the music doesn't matter. Axl made an amazing album, filled with great music. It flopped due to the worst promotion of all time. So to answer the question, no GNR does not need a nightclubbey song to properly come back, they need promotion. Great promotion.

As a couple of posters have mentioned, Shackler's Revenge, this song has a nightclubbey vibe to it it, and as CD showed us, the music doesn't matter. Axl made an amazing album, filled with great music. It flopped due to the worst promotion of all time. So to answer the question, no GNR does not need a nightclubbey song to properly come back, they need promotion. Great promotion.

Agreed,solid post :)

It's not just the qualities of the music that make a "floor" track you know.

A 'floor' track is also reckognizable from the lyrics: they contain a lot of the word 'floor'. The usher floor-track rhymes it with stuff like "more", so you get the great lyrical piece of "floor/more/more/floor" and so on. The J-Lo track doesn't even bother rhyming the word with anything, she just keeps repeating the word "floor" a lot. What genius! :rolleyes: Anyway, for a proper 2011 floor type of a hit single, Axl needs to do the same: repeat the word "floor" a lot over some synth lines.