Do the Nu-Guns need a nightclubbey "floor" track to properly come back?

phaeryen

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Hopefully CD II will have another Black Bond theme song for this purpose.

I think maybe by "Black Bond" Axl was indicating "If the World" was an attempt at reaching out to the hip hop community.

The Shaq and Dizzy combo. with a Jamie Foxx style Axl helium vocal support could potentially rule the clubbing scene with a few pro. touches.

Hell no, I would have to agree with the Slashites about ruining the legacy then.

legacy is already ruined.

Stop being silly.

Anyway i'm up for anything GNR does as long as Axl's involved!

Ditto on that! :thumbsup:

Hell no, I would have to agree with the Slashites about ruining the legacy then.

legacy is already ruined.

I except more from you Sunny.

So something Axl does 25 years later......so Slash playing with Fergie and putting out average rock songs 25 years later.......changes your view on the early years of GnR? Wow, that is sad. Nothing either of those guys do now will EVER change my opinion of songs from Appetite, Lies and Illusions.

And who gives a crap about the "legacy" of a band. Why does anybody who isn't actually in that band care about it? Makes no sense at all. Whining about the "legacy" of this band is just another tool by the slash-lovers to publically bash Axl. Get over it. Old band is gone. Everybody else has moved on and is making music ......shame a few fans cannot do the same thing.

Kind of like all the Lebron-Haters complaining about his "legacy." How a championship in cleveland would mean as much as 10 in Miami. You think Lebron gives a crap about his "legacy" with the fans? Guy has multiple MVP rings, has made hundreds of millions of dollars, will probably win a couple championship rings, and is playing basketball with his buddies........but some slob in New York who works at Subway is sitting on his lap top, bashing Lebron for ruining his legacy. Too funny.

As many of you from the united states, and several of you from elsewhere in the world have undoubtedly noticed,

when you launch a new album, or a comeback or whatever, the proper first single nowadays is one where you celebrate the life in the nightclub setting, or even more precisely, actions and reactons made 'on the floor', which refers to the part of nightclubs known to us all simply as, the dancefloor.

So, maybe the Nu-Guns'NRoses needs to take this little bit into equation too. We need to have Axl & The Boys rolling into a nightclub and putting the dancefloor on fire. For this one, maybe Axl needs to call the producers who did the engineering and production on the Rob Zombie records in the late nineties to early 00's. Maybe this song about the essence of life & seduction 'on the floor', could also include an extended C-section which could include a rapper coming in with a verse. What a perfect way to showcase some of Axls old hiphop tendencies, or what do you think ITW2012?

as a case study you can take the way J-Lo came back to the global scene with her nightclubbing anthem 'On The FLoor', or what is it called? The floor? anyway. Axl should take notice. The song should and would include a lot of synths and drum machines of course, but wouldn't be antirock atleast completely.

what do you guys think?

dancefloor+copy.jpg

wow your really desperate for a hit- it aint gonna happen lol

Anyone remember Sophie Ellis-Bextor's hit "murder on the dancefloor"?

maybe axl and the boys need to look into that, and work out a sequel of some sort. the title could "the murder of slash happened on the dancefloor" ?

We also have to decide on the body type of the black dude doing the rapping in the C-section. What do you guys think? Fat, skinny, or muscular? Personally, I think a good meaty fat black dude would fit the bill best.

As many of you from the united states, and several of you from elsewhere in the world have undoubtedly noticed,

when you launch a new album, or a comeback or whatever, the proper first single nowadays is one where you celebrate the life in the nightclub setting, or even more precisely, actions and reactons made 'on the floor', which refers to the part of nightclubs known to us all simply as, the dancefloor.

So, maybe the Nu-Guns'NRoses needs to take this little bit into equation too. We need to have Axl & The Boys rolling into a nightclub and putting the dancefloor on fire. For this one, maybe Axl needs to call the producers who did the engineering and production on the Rob Zombie records in the late nineties to early 00's. Maybe this song about the essence of life & seduction 'on the floor', could also include an extended C-section which could include a rapper coming in with a verse. What a perfect way to showcase some of Axls old hiphop tendencies, or what do you think ITW2012?

as a case study you can take the way J-Lo came back to the global scene with her nightclubbing anthem 'On The FLoor', or what is it called? The floor? anyway. Axl should take notice. The song should and would include a lot of synths and drum machines of course, but wouldn't be antirock atleast completely.

what do you guys think?

dancefloor+copy.jpg

No.

No.

You are wrong.

As you and the rest of you sceptics can see, the trends in the world of music are changing: The great majority of GNR fans, even judging by this thread here, believe that a proper nightclubbing track with a lot of synthesizers is a good idea for GNR.

It has been proven beyond any doubt now.

You just have to roll on with the times a little bit.

When I think of wasted potential - lots of artists come to mind. But none come close to GN'R. Axl, Izzy, and Slash weren't the best at what they do - but they worked with what they had, and made incredible music. Songs like Locomotive, Double Talking Jive, Dust N' Bones made me pick up guitar. There is no cooler riff than Izzy's Rolling Stones-meets-Gypsy Blues swag he spat on "DNB", and "DTJ". And Slash on "Locomotive"...damn.

This band lacks all of what I just mentioned. It's like one of those fantasy band conversations - yeah, put all the best players in one pot. In theory, it should be high-calibre. But even with all that talent, musical education, and technical proficiency- they lack that x-factor: chemistry.

Buckethead, Brain, and Pitman are all talented. But there's no replacing Izzy's Southern flavor coupled with Slash's solos.

Guns N' Roses is like having grits, and whiskey for breakfast.

Not tofu, and a Jenny Craig shake.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a remix of If The World would work with a video of supermodels and speedboats in Miami.

You know, that song is just too slow. You need a minimum BPM of around 128 to have a shot at a "floor" type of track.

we should definately keep this talk going though, I'm sure Axl and the management team are watching.