Whilst in a traffic jam.....

Ace Frehley

Hey all. I was sitting in my car yesterday stuck in a massive traffic jam whislt listening to Chinese Democracy quite loud. I was there for about 10 minutes when the guy in the car next to me yelled over between songs. He said he tought the music sounded great and asked who it was. He was quite suprised to hear it was GnR and proceeded to tell me to crank it louder and enjoyed it for about another 10 mins until the traffic moved on.

My question to you good people is this: Have you ever had the same thing happen? Have you ever "opened somebody's eyes" so to speak? If not, then by all means, tell me to fuck off.

Guest gunns5

I once played the CD leaks over the PA in my school and everybody dropped their books and started dancing in the hallways...

lol i remember that thread

What songs were you listening to? Most of my friends have been unreceptive to the new songs. They just can't get past the name when it comes right down to it.

then why call them friends?

all of my friends liked Chinese Democracy album when I give it to them to listen to, or while listen to it together.

and they weren't as much as me into GNR in the first place.

that's my point, are they really your friends?

or just some people you spend time with - that is not a friend.

Edited by STARABOSTES

What songs were you listening to? Most of my friends have been unreceptive to the new songs. They just can't get past the name when it comes right down to it.

all of my friends liked Chinese Democracy album when I give it to them to listen to, or while listen to it together.

:lol:

Not friends because they don't like the same album/band as you? Classic.

no man. you got it all wrong.

I meant that people who are friends are so because they are alike in more than one way,

that is they enjoy life kind of in the same manner, as they see it alike more of the time.

it wasn't meant that if they don't like what music you like they are not your friends.

it's the other way around, they are not your friends, thus they don't like what ever you like in this world.

they just hang around together, who knows way?maybe out of boredom, or because you are from the same social compound , that is school, faculty, job - but that makes them colleagues and not friends.

I was just questioning the notion of friend, if he has any clue what that is in the real truthful meaning?

but then again, do you "Seely"?

Edited by STARABOSTES

no man. you got it all wrong.

I meant that people who are friends are so because they are alike in more than one way,

that is they enjoy life kind of in the same manner, as they see it alike more of the time.

it wasn't meant that if they don't like what music you like they are not your friends.

it's the other way around, they are not your friends, thus they don't like what ever you like in this world.

they just hang around together, who knows way?maybe out of boredom, or because you are from the same social compound , that is school, faculty, job - but that makes them colleagues and not friends.

I was just questioning the notion of friend, if he has any clue what that is in the real truthful meaning?

but then again, do you "Seely"?

you're an idiot.

my girlfriend hates all my music and i know she likes me,loves me, and is my friend because she sucks my cock.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Sitting in traffic then again for 10 minutes? Where the hell you live? Lol

In Perth, AUS. Was stuck at a railroad crossing with one of them big mining freight trains.

Haha OMG wouldnt be in midland would it lol i live In Morley (Perth) how freaky haha i know how it feels to be stuck waiting for one of those fuckers

Well personally I like to hang out with people that are into the same things as me....:shrugs:

As do I, the majority of my main friends are into rock/metal music, some are into old GN'R, but few are into CD and new GN'R (not that I haven't tried to get them into it, mind).

I'm just saying disagreeing on liking an album or band is hardly make or break for a friendship, that's all. That's what STARABOSTES's post seemed to imply.

Well personally I like to hang out with people that are into the same things as me....:shrugs:

Haha, most of my friends like rock and metal music.. but that doesn't mean they like Guns n Roses too. And the ones that do like GnR, most of the time like the older stuff of AFD en UYI.

I once played the CD leaks over the PA in my school and everybody dropped their books and started dancing in the hallways...

Was your school the basis model for Glee and High School Musical?

As do I, the majority of my main friends are into rock/metal music, some are into old GN'R, but few are into CD and new GN'R (not that I haven't tried to get them into it, mind).

I'm just saying disagreeing on liking an album or band is hardly make or break for a friendship, that's all. That's what STARABOSTES's post seemed to imply.

True, I understand what you are saying, just because you dont like the same music, doesn't mean you wont get along with sombody.

As for your "but few are into CD and new GN'R " comment, are you American? I find 90% of the negativity towards the new band comes from the US.....

I'm in Canada, my family (including my young kids) all love Guns N' Roses in 2011, and I'd say most of people that I know are aware of the band and really dig Chinese Demcoracy. Obviously they dont think its the greatest album ever made like i do but it is far from being a "failure".

I find people on this forum try too hard to dismiss GNR in 2011...they are one of the top bands today. I mean who is actually better? 30 Seconds to Mars? Arcade Fire? Laday Gaga? Nobody comes close to GNR.

Nope, i'm from Merry old England.

Ultimately though, I like the album and band, so that's what matters to me