*Rumour* US Dates In November....

fallingred85

I simply stated that he is a radio man

Manets made a valid point. Not only did you acceptably outline his profession but you dismissively referred to his reportings as “ramblings” (which brings in to question his integrity and credibility as a source of legitimate rock related rumblings). Trunk in the past has proven at times to have been of great use to fans of GN’R (as so well illustrated by Manets). Personally I think his reports demand a greater level of respect than the contempt applied to fringe journalists exploiting the enthusiasm of the online community.

You have to consider also Trunk isn’t the only recent source of US rumblings. Jim Koplik, whom I would regard to be very reputable and trustworthy given his position of prominence within the aspect of the industry in question, also alluded to the possibility of late 2011 US appearances.

Believe whatever ya want it's not life and death to me :)

it is obvious they will tour, just when no one knows. I doubt the band even knows yet

When it gets real I'll celebrate by attending,until then I'm cool,got my watch set to GNR time. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Meaningless rhetoric.

it is obvious they will tour

That is obvious considering there are dates confirmed (both by GN’R and officials). The point relates to the possibility of a US tour which of course is considerably less obvious given the difficulty of the market in question.

just when no one knows.

Jim Koplik, prominent in an organization agreeable to a legal obligation involving a GN’R touring arrangement, implicated a US GN’R appearance “by the end of the year”. Therefore I would disagree with your notion the possibility of US touring is essentially similar to a new album in terms of “obliviousness”.

I doubt the band even knows yet

Why are you making that assumption? Have you engaged with the band members and confirmed this? Otherwise that’s complete speculation on your part.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Meaningless rhetoric.

it is obvious they will tour

That is obvious considering there are dates confirmed (both by GN’R and officials). The point relates to the possibility of a US tour which of course is considerably less obvious given the difficulty of the market in question.

just when no one knows.

Jim Koplik, prominent in an organization agreeable to a legal obligation involving a GN’R touring arrangement, implicated a US GN’R appearance “by the end of the year”. Therefore I would disagree with your notion the possibility of US touring is essentially similar to a new album in terms of “obliviousness”.

I doubt the band even knows yet

Why are you making that assumption? Have you engaged with the band members and confirmed this? Otherwise that’s complete speculation on your part.

If it weren't for speculation,arguing,and bitching this place would be barren.

How long is Richard playing with Thin Lizzy? I'm going to see Judas Priest on Nov 9th & Thin Lizzy is opening. If Richard is playing with them, a GnR tour may not be taking place until early 2012. Now I know some of you will probably say things like " If Axl calls, Richard will drop Thin Lizzy" and such, but IF Richard signed any kind of contract to tour with Thin Lizzy (which in this day in age is a great possibility) then Axl may have to wait. Just sayin'.

How long is Richard playing with Thin Lizzy? I'm going to see Judas Priest on Nov 9th & Thin Lizzy is opening. If Richard is playing with them, a GnR tour may not be taking place until early 2012. Now I know some of you will probably say things like " If Axl calls, Richard will drop Thin Lizzy" and such, but IF Richard signed any kind of contract to tour with Thin Lizzy (which in this day in age is a great possibility) then Axl may have to wait. Just sayin'.

I see your point about the contract, but for any member of GNR to sign a contract and have to put GNR second... I highly doubt that.

I see your point about the contract, but for any member of GNR to sign a contract and have to put GNR second... I highly doubt that.

Yeah, but what band in their right mind would sign on a guy that could just "up & go" in the middle of a tour to go tour with another band?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

but what band in their right mind would sign on a guy that could just "up & go" in the middle of a tour to go tour with another band?

Richard didn’t “up and go” in the middle of a tour. At present there is no tour ongoing (the last one concluded during December in Abu Dhabi). Why is a member partaking in non-conflicting exploits a problem?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Yeah, but what band in their right mind would sign on a guy that could just "up & go" in the middle of a tour to go tour with another band?

Richard's only filling in the summer dates with Thin Lizzy, if I recall right.

I am still a bit nervous if they tour the states as I am confident I will be making my backstage debut this time around thanks to friendships I have forged in the last year or so. If and when I do get backstage I will be sure to take lots of pictures and talk to all the key members of the road crew as well as the performers and report my findings.

Doubt it.

I am still a bit nervous if they tour the states as I am confident I will be making my backstage debut this time around thanks to friendships I have forged in the last year or so. If and when I do get backstage I will be sure to take lots of pictures and talk to all the key members of the road crew as well as the performers and report my findings.

Doubt it.

He is in his imaginary world :rolleyes:

Richard's only filling in the summer dates with Thin Lizzy, if I recall right.

I heard the same thing.

It would be a pretty safe bet that Richard already knew of the tour possiblities and went into Thin Lizzy thing with the understanding that IF (big if) GNR do tour it would be around such and such date so I ma sure everything is in place if a GNR tour was to happen.

Like many others I feel touring the states without a new album either out or coming out at the front end of the tour would be suicide for the band in the US and after that tour GNR would most likely never be able to find promoters or venues that would take the risk again in the US without big change in what the fans want when it comes to GNR or there is a reunion which I feel will not happen. But who knows??????

I am not hung up on a reunion, for me it's like if it happens cool if it doesn't cool makes no difference to me.

I would just like to see GNR put out another album and promotion from both the GNR camp and the label.

Edited by bigcountry

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Following Trunk’s tweet I contacted Jim Koplik in relation to possible updates regarding this prospect:

No new word yet but I think you will see them in the fall.

Jim Koplik - Chairman

Live Nation – Northeast

Again Koplik reiterated his expectation of seeing GN’R in the US during fall.

According to the calendar fall is September 21st to December 21st therefore Koplik’s fall against Trunk’s November seems fairly compatible.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Yeah, a radio man... Who played I.R.S. on the radio on 2005, which led to the darknemus leak on the next year.

A radio man who made Axl leave the Guns N' Roses rehearsal just to attend to his interview.

A radio man who told before the vast majority that late 2008 was the Chinese Democracy final release date.

Yeah, what a loser that radio man is.

SAY WHAT?!

Ok, getting off topic for one second...

The radio man already had Chris Jericho, Scott Ian, and Sebastian Bach on his show and they had been talking for quite some time. Bach had been in contact with Rose and he got him to come down.

Trunk didn't make Axl do jack-diddly-shit, and was very humble just to be in Axl's presence.

It all depends on Def Leppard's tour dates. Vivian was with Thin Lizzy until the Def Leppard Summer tour began and then Richard took over for him in Thin Lizzy. If Lep is finished by the time GNR starts up again there will be no problems.

Yeah, a radio man... Who played I.R.S. on the radio on 2005, which led to the darknemus leak on the next year.

A radio man who made Axl leave the Guns N' Roses rehearsal just to attend to his interview.

A radio man who told before the vast majority that late 2008 was the Chinese Democracy final release date.

Yeah, what a loser that radio man is.

SAY WHAT?!

Ok, getting off topic for one second...

The radio man already had Chris Jericho, Scott Ian, and Sebastian Bach on his show and they had been talking for quite some time. Bach had been in contact with Rose and he got him to come down.

Trunk didn't make Axl do jack-diddly-shit, and was very humble just to be in Axl's presence.

Thank you, the "made Axl leave the GNR rehearsals" phrasing was undoubtedly an idiotic statement.

No more tours. I want new music, not a few sporadic dates here and there.

but atleast they are doing something

Yeah, they're doing something...but it's just not exciting anymore. Since I don't really think it's likely we'll hear any new songs on this tour, the most we have to look forward to are endless debates about setlists and Axl's hair.

No more tours. I want new music, not a few sporadic dates here and there.

but atleast they are doing something

Yeah, they're doing something...but it's just not exciting anymore. Since I don't really think it's likely we'll hear any new songs on this tour, the most we have to look forward to are endless debates about setlists and Axl's hair.

I feel the same way. since the album came out, there was no promotion and no real excitement other than us fans. without any touring or anyone even listening or playing the album, the news died quickly. I still love GNr and Axl and whatever else is out there, but I must agree the excitement is gone. that's not always a bad thing