*Rumour* US Dates In November....

fallingred85

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Cool, but Eddie Trunk's sources aren't worth a grain of salt IMO.

That may be so but Jim Koplik, part of an organization agreeable to "a comprehensive touring agreement in which Guns 'N Roses would perform at various...venues.", expressed an expectation for GN’R to perform in the US “during fall” (which is fairly compatible).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Very interesting.

I really hope the October 11th thing really happens.

Let's remember:

A deal is done for the band releasing CD2 the 11:th of october. The album has a totally different name though.

The project is currently in progress and has been worked on since the tour ended, the members are told to keep quiet not to blow the thing with leaks like it was done with CD.

Tell us what you know.

I will not do any claims of being an insider or certain about something - just passing a story on what I heard.

I happened to be on a garden-party with people from the music business a couple of weeks ago where I became involved in a discussion and someone claimed this. The man talking was pretty drunk, and I didn´t have time to find out if he was some kind of executive or involved in any record-company-thing of some sort. He looked like that, well dressed, but at the same time, pretty "rowdy" to the looks, tattooed, ear piercings and stuff.

Myself is an industry worker that happened to get invited by knowing some people, so I didn´t know almost any of the people there.

I am not the biggest of guns n roses fan either (I was when I was younger though), but I got a little curious about what the band has been doing lately and happened to end up here.

This man talking seemed to be pretty sure about his thing though, talking about the upcoming tour and how this record should be released and the things I tell in the first post. We didn´t meet more that evening.

And the following, he sent on a PM:

I am danish by origin, and have moved to some friends to work overseas in the US. Some of my friends friends apparently knew some people so we got invited to this party that was hosted in LA - don´t know exactly the whereabouts though, as we came in from the weekend from San Fransisco. As I said, I have no further details, we did not meet more that evening and we went out to club later on. I guess I could hear about around my friends, but I don´t think that they know who it is either, I was the only one from my crew that was talking to him at this moment, there were around 4-5 persons who heard the same as me.

As I just re-gained interest in this band, I might as well help with what I heard. I cannot guarantee the truth, or anything like that. As I said, I am only passing on information from a late night. And the things passed on is all I have heard. He mentioned the secrecy around the project and how the members have been told to lay low about working on the album.

Now that you mention it, I think that might have been what he said. He talked about Chinese Democracy and praised it as a fantastic album, but I think he talked on about going with another name for the new album, wich apparently already had been sealed and he was clearly closely involved in it, no question about that! it might have been that name...i was also pretty drunk at the time, so I don´t remember too clearly to be able to give out a promise.

Nothing big though, but still... worth paying attention.

Very interesting.

I really hope the October 11th thing really happens.

Let's remember:

A deal is done for the band releasing CD2 the 11:th of october. The album has a totally different name though.

The project is currently in progress and has been worked on since the tour ended, the members are told to keep quiet not to blow the thing with leaks like it was done with CD.

Tell us what you know.

I will not do any claims of being an insider or certain about something - just passing a story on what I heard.

I happened to be on a garden-party with people from the music business a couple of weeks ago where I became involved in a discussion and someone claimed this. The man talking was pretty drunk, and I didn´t have time to find out if he was some kind of executive or involved in any record-company-thing of some sort. He looked like that, well dressed, but at the same time, pretty "rowdy" to the looks, tattooed, ear piercings and stuff.

Myself is an industry worker that happened to get invited by knowing some people, so I didn´t know almost any of the people there.

I am not the biggest of guns n roses fan either (I was when I was younger though), but I got a little curious about what the band has been doing lately and happened to end up here.

This man talking seemed to be pretty sure about his thing though, talking about the upcoming tour and how this record should be released and the things I tell in the first post. We didn´t meet more that evening.

And the following, he sent on a PM:

I am danish by origin, and have moved to some friends to work overseas in the US. Some of my friends friends apparently knew some people so we got invited to this party that was hosted in LA - don´t know exactly the whereabouts though, as we came in from the weekend from San Fransisco. As I said, I have no further details, we did not meet more that evening and we went out to club later on. I guess I could hear about around my friends, but I don´t think that they know who it is either, I was the only one from my crew that was talking to him at this moment, there were around 4-5 persons who heard the same as me.

As I just re-gained interest in this band, I might as well help with what I heard. I cannot guarantee the truth, or anything like that. As I said, I am only passing on information from a late night. And the things passed on is all I have heard. He mentioned the secrecy around the project and how the members have been told to lay low about working on the album.

Now that you mention it, I think that might have been what he said. He talked about Chinese Democracy and praised it as a fantastic album, but I think he talked on about going with another name for the new album, wich apparently already had been sealed and he was clearly closely involved in it, no question about that! it might have been that name...i was also pretty drunk at the time, so I don´t remember too clearly to be able to give out a promise.

Nothing big though, but still... worth paying attention.

Dude...it´s the same old "friends´ friends" story, how can you believe it?. You people never learn :lol: . I´m sure that after all the leaks and fuckups that happened with Chinese Democracy Axl will be very carefull and won´t allow this to happen again.

AND IF OCTOBER 11 COMES AND NOTHING HAPPENS, DON´T BLAME AXL BUT YOURSELVES FOR BELIEVING ALL THE SHIT YOU READ.

Hope so but I wouldn't put any faith into some ramblings from a radio man. Untill we hear it from Guns it aint shit

Yeah, a radio man... Who played I.R.S. on the radio on 2005, which led to the darknemus leak on the next year.

A radio man who made Axl leave the Guns N' Roses rehearsal just to attend to his interview.

A radio man who told before the vast majority that late 2008 was the Chinese Democracy final release date.

Yeah, what a loser that radio man is.

Guest gunns5

Hope so but I wouldn't put any faith into some ramblings from a radio man. Untill we hear it from Guns it aint shit

Yeah, a radio man... Who played I.R.S. on the radio on 2005, which led to the darknemus leak on the next year.

A radio man who made Axl leave the Guns N' Roses rehearsal just to attend to his interview.

A radio man who told before the vast majority that late 2008 was the Chinese Democracy final release date.

lol manets killed the radio star

I believe in when they played in 2002 in Chicago it was in Oct or Nov, and the last time they played(was that 06?) in Chicago was in Nov also, its been a while, i remembering seeing them in NY at the Hammerstein the first night, but i finally have internet back after a while...but i would not be surprised to see them played at the end of the year here.

If anyone can correct me, when was the last 2 Midwest tours for GNR?

I never once said the man was a loser, I simply stated that he is a radio man, are you saying he is not? :shrugs:

Your faith in him is clear, good for you. I take the other road waiting for official things rather than ANYONE else but it's my way not yours I suppose

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I simply stated that he is a radio man

Manets made a valid point. Not only did you acceptably outline his profession but you dismissively referred to his reportings as “ramblings” (which brings in to question his integrity and credibility as a source of legitimate rock related rumblings). Trunk in the past has proven at times to have been of great use to fans of GN’R (as so well illustrated by Manets). Personally I think his reports demand a greater level of respect than the contempt applied to fringe journalists exploiting the enthusiasm of the online community.

You have to consider also Trunk isn’t the only recent source of US rumblings. Jim Koplik, whom I would regard to be very reputable and trustworthy given his position of prominence within the aspect of the industry in question, also alluded to the possibility of late 2011 US appearances.

I simply stated that he is a radio man

Manets made a valid point. Not only did you acceptably outline his profession but you dismissively referred to his reportings as “ramblings” (which brings in to question his integrity and credibility as a source of legitimate rock related rumblings). Trunk in the past has proven at times to have been of great use to fans of GN’R (as so well illustrated by Manets). Personally I think his reports demand a greater level of respect than the contempt applied to fringe journalists exploiting the enthusiasm of the online community.

You have to consider also Trunk isn’t the only recent source of US rumblings. Jim Koplik, whom I would regard to be very reputable and trustworthy given his position of prominence within the aspect of the industry in question, also alluded to the possibility of late 2011 US appearances.

Believe whatever ya want it's not life and death to me :)

it is obvious they will tour, just when no one knows. I doubt the band even knows yet

Edited by gunsguy

I believe in when they played in 2002 in Chicago it was in Oct or Nov, and the last time they played(was that 06?) in Chicago was in Nov also, its been a while, i remembering seeing them in NY at the Hammerstein the first night, but i finally have internet back after a while...but i would not be surprised to see them played at the end of the year here.

If anyone can correct me, when was the last 2 Midwest tours for GNR?

11/14/02 Minneapolis, MN

11/18/02 Chicago, IL

11/28 or 11/27 of 2006 Chicago IL.

I was in chicago and minneapolis for the 02 shows. 11/18/2002 was the greatest concert i had ever seen until 12-02-06 in Minneapolis. 11/30/06 in milwaukee got canceled. my birthday, my hometown, my best tickets. ouch. but i understand, milwaukee kinda sucks. venue is terrible. if the band wants drink and come here next time i can out drink them all. fact.