New Stinson Article

stonebird

I am aware Axl spoke to fans once this past decade yes

He spoke to fans on at least two days. And he's been interviewed a few times as well. Not much, but more than you guys like to admit ;).

going into great length about things? Almost all the important questions, literally like the 2-3 questions people cared about, he brushed off and said "I'm not ignoring this, but I'll get to it later, all in time" etc etc etc.

Ah, so now you are the spokesperson for what "people" care about. Interesting. I personally found some of his answers extremely interesting, e.g. why he kept the band name. I have rarely, if ever, seen a musicians speak so frankly about stuff, and devote so much time in one sitting on answering everything from trivial nonsense to rather deep and emotional stuff.

Spoiled brat? I wasn't even complaining! I was expressing a well known contradiction that exists, factually. Axl speaks a lot less than most artists do, and it's known he's against wild speculation and fans assuming stuff will happen. Get real.

No one is denying that he is seclusive and prefers to not do interviews or interact with fans.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tommy sucks.

he always said that gnr is just a good job from him.

Source?

In this day and age we should really provide sources before trying to stir shit and hurt other people's reputations without supporting evidence.

Tommy Stinson, former member of The Replacements, has two steady jobs, playing bass for both Soul Asylum and for GUNS N 'ROSES. He also has a solo album coming out, 'One Man Mutiny'.

In a new interview with U.S. website Articles Philly, Stinson was asked about the two bands.

"Soul Asylum, I know those guys since we were together at school, Dave [Pimero] and I at least," says Stinson. "They're nice guys and had fun playing together. It's a labor of love. Guns is a different thing, since it is a bunch of guys who come from every corner grouped in this musical soup, and has a totally different thing. It's a band of employees - when we compose in any way. Guns has been nothing but a good job for me for 12 years. I got no expectations. Never thought I'd stick to 12 years, but here I am. "

Source: U.S. site Articles Philly

What?! What the hell is that tampered shit? That's not the same interview I read.

"SOUL ASYLUM, I've known those guys since we all went to school together, Dave [Pirner, SOUL ASYLUM frontman] and I anyway. They're good guys and we have a good time playing together. That's more a labor of love. GUNS is a different thing in that it's a bunch of guys that come from all walks of life put together in this musical soup, and it has a whole different thing going on. It's more of a collaborative band thing — when we write, anyway. GUNS has been nothing but a good gig for me for 12 years now. I started it with no expectations. I didn't think it would last 12 years, but here I am."

Source: http://articles.philly.com/2011-08-12/news/29880786_1_tommy-stinson-replacements-songs-soul-asylum

give me a break, go to walk in the park.

Come on, you can be more honest than that. It won't hurt.

Please be specific on what I have been dishonest. I don't appreciate it.

We're Guns N' Roses fans, and so it's a bit saddening to see that all we're going to get is tours for the foreseeable future.

It is saddening that people get sad just because their band hasn't promised to release anything. And besides, no one has said what will happen in 2012, and no one has claimed that there will be no new recordings or even album releases from GN'R in that year. But of course, pessimistic fans -- and who can blame GN'R fans for being pessimistic? -- will almost assume the worst.

We've seen badly promoted touring and 1 badly promoted album during the course of 10 years, and not much else. It's been a very dysfunctional ride, and it's OK to admit it.

Dysfunctional from the perspective of fans who wants more. I think that is a pretty important emphasis ;). I never expected GN'R to release anything after 1995, and yet, here I sit, greatly surprised and somewhat content. I never expected anything to happen. Now everything is a bonus. And yes, in my opinion CD is a mediocre album, but still, something better may come my way in the future.

Why do you remind me of things that have happened after 2000? I have been talking about GN'R after the release of CD. I have said that 2010 was a great year for GN'R. I have never said that the history of GN'R is full of great episodes and a continuous line of fantastic years ;). I think you are mistaking me with some fanatic. What I have been pointing out is that no waste is being spilled, except perhaps for Axl's own, the rest of the band members are in the band from free will, and that lately, GN'R has been very active and that all the incessant whining must come from people who are not really fans of the current incarnation, but fans of a dream of GN'R that were never realized or that died some time ago. Try focusing on that, and not things you believe I mean or things that are convenient for you to think I mean.

Of course not. I am just a bit confused about his real motives. Thin Lizzy was a functional band. They even talked of releasing a new album later on. But he chooses to be a part of Guns, a band that didn't let him record much parts for their last album, and he was a bit disappointed by this. Now that album was out almost 3 years ago, and there's nothing new on the horizon, except touring.

Perhaps there is something else on the horizon which, the band -- from severe neglect surely -- haven't informed you about? Could it be that Richard knows more than you? :o. Could it be that he actually prefers being in GN'R more than in Thin Lizzy, or that he is such a professional that he fullfils his obligations with GN'R before leaving for other ventures? I see lots of potential reasons for Richard's behaviour.

but touring in support of an almost 3 year old album is worth questioning. Especially in the case of US. And supposedly without real effort in promotion.

??? Many bands release album less frequently than every 3-4 years, and any touring in-between that period will necessarily be touring of an "old album". I see no problem with it. I prefer it to nothing taking place at all. I prefer it A LOT to what was the status in 1998. Actually, I am hugely surprised and happy about the situation.

Well that was just completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

No, it's high time that someone calls the spoilt brats here who always demand more, who calls the morons who don't understand the simplest stuff, the whiners who always complain about a band they don't support and the ignorant cupcakes who come here just to argue with people, exactly what they are. I actually didn't have you in mind when writing all that, but if you feel insulted then I guess I should have.

It is just naive to come here and call us all "not real fans".

Naive because I understand the definition of being a fan? Sure, some of the guys here always complaining may just have some social dysfunction that prevents them from expressing their support, but most of the guys are NOT FANS OF THE CURRENT BAND. They are fans of a previous lineup, or fans of what they would have hoped or still hope that GN'R will evolve into. I repeat, they are not fans of the current incarnation of GN'R.

Being a fan is not the same thing as flushing rational thinking down the toilet.

Are you trying to say I have flushed my rational thinking down the toilet? Exactly what have I written that wasn't rational?

That's more like… mindless worship. So it's ok, you can be supportive and critical at the same time. Maybe you should try it! ;)

Yeah, and I dislike the fanatical fans just as much as the non-fans who come here just to disrupt, get a rise from people and in general to vent all their anger from their pathetic, miserable lives.

Don't be stupid here now, and mistake my attack on the whiners here as proof that I am not critical about many aspects of GN'R. But since I am still a fan of GN'R 2011 it means that I will largely come off as supportive. Otherwise I would not longer be a fan, and frankly I would not waste my time on a fan board complaining about why I am not a fan anymore. I would do something constructive with my life. So again, don't mistake me from that other side of fandom, those that think GN'R can never do anything wrong just because I took the time now to react on the incessant whining and nagging from people here at a time in GN'R history when things are actually surprisingly positive.

Over & out.

Tommy update

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello my peeps,

I’m completely stoked that my record is finally out there, and want to thank all of you who have bought it so far. For those of you looking for it on vinyl, there was a production snafu and it’s now looking like the LPs will hit stores in November, just in time for Christmas. In the meantime, it’s available digitally and on CD, and if your local record store isn’t carrying it, tell them that they can order it from Redeye Distribution.

Also, in case you haven’t heard, a portion of the money you spend on my record will go directly to the Timkatec Schools in Haiti. This photo shows a three-story building that was a two-story building when we went down there for their graduation in July of 2010. The third story was built with the money raised in the auction last year. I can’t begin to say tell you how good this makes me feel, and I can’t wait to contribute more and I encourage you to as well at Timkatec.org.

We had a great time playing shows we over the last month, and look forward to doing a whole lot more in the future. There were lot of bonuses along the way — We had to re-order the CD twice because it kept selling out, we had a great in-store show at Main Street Music in Philly (I can’t wait to do more of those), and I met all sorts of nice people. I also figured out that as much as I want to play guitar on stage, it’s best that I stick to bass, as well as lay off the pizza and jellybeans.

After Hurricane Irene forced us to postpone the Providence and Boston shows, Tim, Jon, Emily and myself stocked up on survival supplies and came back to our house in upstate New York to weather the storm and started recording some new songs. It was my first time recording a whole band in my new digs. I am very stoked at how quickly and easily it was to work with these guys and we’ll definitely be doing a lot more of it in the new year.

Thats all for now. I’ve gotta get back to workin’ up some GNR tunes for Rock in Rio. Whoa…stay tuned.

t

Source: http://tommystinson.com/

dont want to get super excited, but that can mean a lot of things... :xmassrudolph: i know sometimes we fans read too much into things, but he didnt said "rehearsal" "practice" etc... he said workin! :D well... time will tell, if not, it will hell of a show :thumbsup:

Maybe it's all a hoax and they are keeping expectations low while they actually have an album ready and coming. Wishful thinking perhaps. But the high expectations for CD was a negative and this could be a new strategy.

Remember MSL and the leaked info? There was something big being planned.

i listen the record of tommy,, "one man mutiny'...entirely, and now. good cd, note 6 for sure. but the cover is better than the music.

onemanmutinycover.jpg

Opinions might vary from those who actually attended his NY gig. <_<

Been to all of them this year, amazing how he can put on a great show with a new lineup every time. All this way for nothing is definitely one of the best new tunes I heard in a while

i listen the record of tommy,, "one man mutiny'...entirely, and now. good cd, note 6 for sure. but the cover is better than the music.

onemanmutinycover.jpg

Opinions might vary from those who actually attended his NY gig. <_<

Been to all of them this year, amazing how he can put on a great show with a new lineup every time. All this way for nothing is definitely one of the best new tunes I heard in a while

Were you around the Bowery? :)