Post Your Quote

iwillleaveaxlalone

It's amazing how many people don't know the difference between a quote and song lyrics.

My favorite Axl quote:

"I love Duff, but I'd never share a condom with him."

lol Sorry I guess I was just fallowing suit. lol

How about?

"Axl isn't 24, He's a million years old... He has seen everything. " Izzy 1986

"Well as you can see, being a fucking pshcho basket-case like me does have it's advantages." Axl 1991

there are tons of great quotes in the In Their Own Words Guns N Roses book. Nots sure how much is made up but some great stuff in there.

"If you got somethin' that fills your life, fills a space, but deep down inside you know it ain't right, don't ever give up hope. There's somethin' out there, and all you have to do is just hold on and believe." Axl Rose

TOO MANY!

"Time's short; your life's your own. And in the end we are just dust and bones."

"Shed a tear 'cause I'm missing you. I'm still all right to smile. Girl, I think about you every day now."

"I don't know just what I should do. Everywhere I go, I see you. Though it's what you planned, this much is true: What I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore."

"What this means to me is more than I know you believe. What I thought of you now has cost more than it should for me. What I thought was true before were lies I couldn't see. What I thought was beautiful is only memories."

"I've been walkin' the streets at night just tryin' to get it right. It's hard to see with so many around. You know I don't like bein' stuck in the crowd."

"You learn to live like an animal in the jungle where we play."

"You can taste the bright lights, but you won't get them for free."

"There was a time I didn't wanna know it all and I don't wanna know it now."

"If I were you I'd manage to avoid the invitation of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration. Just use your head, and in the end, you'll find your inspiration to choose your steps and won't regret this kind of aggravation."

"Panties 'round your knees with your ass in the breeze, doin' that grind with a push and squeeze. Tied up, tied down, up against the wall, be my rubber maid, baby, and we can do it all. My way, your way, anything goes tonight."

"When I come home late at night, don't ask me where I've been. Just count your starts I'm home again."

"Never mind the darkness; we still can find a way."

"She's a got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky. Now and then when I see her face, she takes me away to that special place, and if I stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry."

"Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change."

"So nobody ever told us, baby, how it was gonna be. So what'll happen to us, baby, guess we'll have to wait and see."

"I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it, so the little got more and more. I just keep tryin' to get a little better, said a little better than before."

"It was the best time I can remember, and the love we shared, lovin' that'll last forever."

"Yesterday's got nothin' for me. Old pictures that I'll always see. Time just fades the pages in my book of memories."

"It don't really matter. I guess you'll find out for yourself."

"You think you got it all lined up inside, and if you beat 'em enough they'll die. It's like a walk in a park from a cell. And now you're keepin' your own kind in hell. When your great wall rocks, blame yourself, while their arms reach out for your help, and you're out of time."

"I searched the universe and found myself within her eyes."

Edited by GnR Chris

------ AXL ROSE

"Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions." -Axl

"I like to be real private; you don't always want everyone around you - even when they like you." -Axl

"Sometimes your friends are your lovers, or have been at one time." Very true, Axl.

"I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it." -Axl

"I always loved Queen, so that's very exciting for me." -Axl

"I can't say that there's any one song that I really look forward to doing; hopefully something will spark my emotion and I'll really have a good time." -Axl

"I'm not a computer-savvy or technical type of person, yet I'm involved with it everyday, so it takes me a while." -Axl

"I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop."-Axl

"I really liked the Seattle movement. (grunge)" -Axl

"We were trying to make things work with Slash for a very, very long time... about three and a half years." -Axl

"He called me Bon Jovi...Well..BonJovi can suck my dick". -Axl

------ IZZY

"I knew deep inside that it didn`t feel right. I didn`t understand any more what was happening or what direction it was taking. - On leaving Guns N` Roses" -Izzy

"In Guns N` Roses, I would come up with an idea for a song and the first thing that would always happen was Slash getting hold of it and going chunka-chunka-chunka! I`d be going, `OK, it`s already changed a little bit.` Then Axl would come in and go, `We`ve gotta dd more lyrics, we`ve gotta have more vocals, more back-ups, let`s layer this`. So by the time it was finished it was like, `holy shit! What a monster!`"-Izzy

"That`s a tough one… music or sex? I`d say sex, if I gotta choose!"-Izzy

"(Axl) can still be a tyrant, but then he can turn around and be the nicest guy in the world."

"(Axl)`s a great rock singer. How can I get anybody that`s gonna top that?"-Izzy

------ SLASH

“You can't wait around for destiny to give you what you think you deserve, you have to earn it, even if you think you've paid your dues.” - Slash

"Get yourself together drink till you drop forget forget about tomorrow and have another shot" - Slash

“That's a wonderful side effect of leather pants: when you pee yourself in them, they're more forgiving than jeans.” - Slash

------ DUFF

"We are not the guardian angels of anybody. We only play authentic, nasty rock and roll." - Duff

------ DJ ASHBA

"Every time I play, I play as if it’s my last day on earth. Don’t live for tomorrow, live for today, because this way, you’ll never regret yesterday." - DJ

------ BUMBLEFOOT

"If a reunion ever happens, I would hope that they would give me some free passes so that me and my wife could go." - Ron

"There has been no other singer that I have ever worked with in my fucking life that cares as much and that gives as much and that kicks as much ass on a stage and that works as hard as that guy. Everyone wants to think of his as this kind of dictator just because he's the last man standing from… " - Ron

I just realized that I've been spending 15minutes to browse internet because of this thread but interesting..... :sleeper:

"I think... I think... Is the singing even on 'cause I can't tell. I think we have a decision to fuckin' make as in I'm supposed to do my job, you're supposed to fuckin' do yours including the stupid idiot who keeps blocking the runway over here, has to do theirs. Or I don't need to be here, it's that fuckin' simple. I've been fucked about 5-6 times out here and I'm sick of it. I mean it wouldn't take a fuckin' rocket scientist for someone to come up and hook up my mike back, but you couldn't do that! Why not? Fell asleep...?"

I haven't heard of this quote, like ever, and that's pretty rare these days, where's it from?

Download 2006, Axl's monitor mix, right after You Could Be Mine :)

Any way you think I can find the monitor mix?

"Don't hail me and don't idealize the ink or I failed in my intentions can you find the missing link" -AXL

I think I get what he's trying to say, but can someone explain it better to me?

I think he is saying along the lines of:

Do what ever - do it your own way, don't try to be like anyone including him. Don't read the lyrics, and some how think you should live that way too, or he has fail in his intentions. As for his intentions, well I an only guess that, as with most lyrics, people are communicating their thoughts, for whatever reason.

Edited by star

Axl- "We've had our share of problems with so called 'alternative bands'....all alternative means to me is someone like Kurt Cobain and Nirvana...who is someone like a fucking junkie with a junkie wife...I mean if the babies born deformed i think they both oughtta go to prison that's my feeling..."

**interesting that Duff seems so close to Nirvana. Suppose being from Seattle etc...

"Don't hail me and don't idealize the ink or I failed in my intentions can you find the missing link" -AXL

I think I get what he's trying to say, but can someone explain it better to me?

the lyric goes on to say "the only validation is in living your own life, vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time"

I think that pretty much explains your question.

• 2 weeks later...