GnR on Worst Heavy metal Albums of all time

tat2d1

This list should made up of nothing but Slayer albums...

hahaha... I love thrash, and most thrash bands credit Slayer, but I can't stand Slayer. Dunno why.

I agree with most sentiments of this thread though. Guns n' Roses was like a "Glam" metal band that kinda ditched the Glam (thankfully), but you can't fucking call Chinese Democracy a Heavy Metal album in 2008. Even if you did consider Appetite to be heavy metal at the time... nothing afterward was.

Okay, first of all I wouldn't consider GNR heavy metal and I doubt Axl would either, so this poll is worthless.

Metallica yes is heavy metal, Megadeth and Killswitch Engage yeah, but GNR no. I would consider them hard rock and that's a whole different category.

Besides who gives a fuck what polls say. I consider the fans of bands to have more say and more power than any polls or critics opinions.

Bark at the Moon is one there. The list is obviously total shit.

No, that album has truly earned its place. It's pretty weak. Regardless of the Randy albums before it, or the albums after it, it's just not up to par...

Okay, first of all I wouldn't consider GNR heavy metal and I doubt Axl would either, so this poll is worthless.

Metallica yes is heavy metal, Megadeth and Killswitch Engage yeah, but GNR no. I would consider them hard rock and that's a whole different category.

But metal is such a loose term, nobody can define it, you just mentioned bands of one kind of metal.

Hard rock and metal go hand in hand, and the division is heavily blurred at best.

Edited by moreblack

Album isn't metal, but they are right about it not being worth the wait.

agreed. It was terrible.. I was against Axl releasing that album under the Gn'R name. Deep down I thought it would still be good though.. I was wrong. It resembles someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard at times.

they take a shot at all VH albums with Hagar, but all the DLR albums are questionable except 1 and 1984.

Some are arguing the definition of Metal, but you gotta remember metal includes hard rock to a lot of people.

To me, the first 4 VH albums are classics. 1984 was very short & they resorted to digging up something from the early days. Women and Children First & Fair Warning are classics.

Bark at the Moon is one there. The list is obviously total shit.

No, that album has truly earned its place. It's pretty weak. Regardless of the Randy albums before it, or the albums after it, it's just not up to par...

But metal is such a loose term, nobody can define it, you just mentioned bands of one kind of metal.

Hard rock and metal go hand in hand, and the division is heavily blurred at best.

Yeah, true about different kinds of metal, but I still would consider GNR as hard rock. I consider the heavier metal bands are the screaming bands like Killswitch Engage and Slayer.