Rio was awesome!

Sweersa

This moanin' and cryin' bullshit is almost enough for me to leave this fuckin' place. I have too much respect for the band and the site to let some pussy start a wildfire over somethin' he/she knows fuck all about. You waited over an hour for GNR and complained, they hit the stage. You complain. They play Estranged. You complain. You cocksuckers wouldn't know talent if it kicked ya in the ass. Axl is getting older, doesn't rehearse, had time off. We don't have any clue as to what he's been up to during his downtime. We also don't if he had a cold, flu, family issues etc. Stop speculating. Go watch some other band cuz u ain't no gunner I'll tell ya that much. Just a bunch of punks tryin' to stir shit up.

FUCK YOU!!

Did you not hear the performance? I can see why people are not happy. Telling others not to complain is ridiculous, it is absolutely warranted in this case. Maybe some people are trying to stir shit up but the majority of us are frustrated that the potential of this band does not line up with what ended up happening last night

I'm not referring to the "disappointed fans" I'm referring to the "never happy posers" You all know who you are. A piece of advice tho... Don't get tough and try to challenge me. It never ends well. A few know what I'm talkin' about. Again, this was Axl's return, rained heavily. If he wasn't sick before, he is now. I feel he tried his best except during NR. Calling him "off" is one thing. But ta call him worthless, a has been, lazy, selfish etc. It's just insanity. The guy, band in tow, played 30 songs in the pouring rain at 3AM+ Rio time. Give them a break and be a fan. Support whatever happens next.

As for you fuckers sayin' you may not go to the US concerts now. I challenge you publicly to give away your tickets to a true fan who will enjoy them immensely. Uncle Axl doesn't want bullshit fans, he wants the diehard ones that have been there from the beginning. 1985 that is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the whole show. I thought it was great! Okay, Axl wasn't ready, his voice was in Mickey Mouse mode, he is slightly over weight and out of shape, and he forgot a few lyrics. As an Oasis fan, I can tell you that is fuck all. The band, Ron particularly, were awesome. I also liked the set list, those of you expecting new songs are crazy. Just enjoy GNR for what they are now, a greatest hits band. Some of you need to log out of this forum once in a while and realize there is more to life than Guns N Roses.

I dug the show.. Axl was getting poured on, nobody recognizes that.

The rain made him out of breath - starting in song one?

No dude but the rain sucks the energy out of the crowd. Axl feeds off that. If that was anywhere but South America, Axl would've left.

Guest gunns5

No dude but the rain sucks the energy out of the crowd. Axl feeds off that. If that was anywhere else without being live streamed to the world, he would of left

I fixed it for ya

No dude but the rain sucks the energy out of the crowd. Axl feeds off that. If that was anywhere else without being live streamed to the world, he would of left

I fixed it for ya

If it weren't RiR, if it weren't 100,000 fans, if it weren't vein live streamed to the world, he wouldn't have taken the stage. He missed the flight, he'd reschedule or cancel.

No dude but the rain sucks the energy out of the crowd. Axl feeds off that. If that was anywhere but South America, Axl would've left.

Are we seriously blaming his shocking performance on the rain now... Good god...

Are we seriously blaming his shocking performance on the rain now... Good god...

Well, I'm sure if it weren't raining, he'd be moving a lot more... He even said it at the beginning.... Plus, it was quite late... I don't think he was allowed to stay 'till 6AM....

Guest gunns5

I don't like using it as an excuse, but it's true. He started out in good spirits but the rain sapped the energy out of everyone. And the rain didn't let up for a second.

Have you ever been cold? Especially a wet cold? Even if you're not sick your body starts fighting hypothermia, which takes away from the rest of your bodys energy.

During NR, I think that he took a look at the crowd either not being into it or leaving due to the rain and decided to just finish the show. Keep in mind that he DID do two songs as an encore. Many performers would have just skipped to PC and booked it, but he did his best to finish off the show in a reasonable fashion, despite not being into it.

so just doing the performance half heatedly is good because at least he finished the show.

fuck that, I'd rather the show finish on a high then watch it just fade out cause he HAD to do 1 more song.

Come the U.S tour, if Axl isn't giving the performance everything (and he didn't last night, not by a long shot) then they wont put up with that shit.

Well, I'm sure if it weren't raining, he'd be moving a lot more... He even said it at the beginning.... Plus, it was quite late... I don't think he was allowed to stay 'till 6AM....

No one is really complaining about his lack of mobility, it's more his voice and forgetting lyrics to songs he wrote/co-wrote and has performed hundreds of times. Also if it was quite late it was due to him being very late on stage.

You're dead on. Wet cold is the worst. All you can think about is getting inside and getting warm. He probably had concerns about what happened last time in Rio with the collapse too in 2010. It's when he sat at the piano for NR that he seen people heading for the exit. You can clearly see him look into the crowd in confusion. All these things weigh heavy in light of recent events such as US and UK disasters.

No one is really complaining about his lack of mobility, it's more his voice and forgetting lyrics to songs he wrote/co-wrote and has performed hundreds of times. Also if it was quite late it was due to him being very late on stage.

It was partly his fault. SOAD went away over their time, GNR were due 50 after them and instead took 90 minutes. I think that they were also waiting for the rain to die down.

It theory if SOAD didn't go so long GNR wouldnt have gotten so much rain.

Lol ok so we are blaming SOAD... Given Axl's penchant for going on stage very late, I think SOAD did the crowd a favor by staying on a bit longer. I also think they knew Axl would not being going on stage a mere 50 minutes after them.