Rio was awesome!

Sweersa

First show of the tour...in the RAIN. No teleprompter, audio SUCKS on youtube as opposed to being there. They will kick ass in the states.. Axl didnt look bad at all. He still rules.

btw the yellow jacket is cool as shit. who can pull that off?!!

Edited by wasteofammo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually now watching the Globo TV version and just watched CD and WTTJ, I thought WTTJ was terrible but it doesn't seem so bad anymore, maybe my expectations were a bit ridiculous. It was a below average quality concert, but entertaining.

Exactly.

Usually these kind of concerts are the ones you go back to.

For example Nirvana's gig in Rio 1993 was shitty as hell.

Drugged out Kurt wearing pyjamas and forgetting the lyrics (or changing them). He also played an 18 minutes (or so) version of Scentless apprentice and tried to show his cock for the cameraman.

Even though they sounded pretty shitty that night, it's one hell of a concert to watch.

And it didn't ruin Nirvana's career, like this won't ruin Gnr's career.

I like the mickey mouse voice.

My complaint is that Axl was clearly out of breath for most of the show. That can't happen. I'm an Axl die-hard and I was cringing a lot during the concert.

Loved the band. Loved estranged, til and heavens door. Should have given us one new song.

First show of the tour...in the RAIN. No teleprompter, audio SUCKS on youtube as opposed to being there. They will kick ass in the states.. Axl didnt look bad at all. He still rules.

btw the yellow jacket is cool as shit. who can pull that off?!!

The raincoat was cool :thumbsup:

And somehow the bandana worked better on him now than during 2009. Which is weird because he hasn't really changed at all during this offtime.

Fucking THANK YOU, Sweersa. Agree totally. Sat through entire set, loved all of it. Bothered by cynicism when shows in recent years, as recent as late 09/2010 have been absolute scorchers by this boards standards. Honestly though, if i didn't know better, I would have thought the forum was being "raided" by haters.

That is how it seems to be.

Axl has one bad night, and some people are on him like dogs on a piece of meat.

He sounded good on some songs, mediocre of others, he is human after all.

Couldn't have said it better.

People should look back at opening shows of 2006 and 2009 (all 3 hours of osaka was it?) then compare axls performance to a few shows into the tour. He gets better and better.

The 2009/2010 tour was the best axl has ever sounded and it didnt take much more than half a dozen shows to get there.

I can't understand why anyone's surprised that he sounded fucked on some tracks, the mans 50 and doesn't (and never has) prepare himself well!

By the time he gets to the US the man will be on fire again. Said from experience!

MISTAKES AT AN ORIGINAL GNR CONCERT = OMGGGG IT'S COOL AND RAWWWW!!!!!!!! HELLYEAH!!!!!

MISTAKE AT A NUGNR CONCERT = HOLY SHIT!!! THEY SUCK!!! MICKEY MOUSE!!! CASH GRAB!!!! DECADENT!! FAT DRUNK AXL!!!!

Classic MyGnR. LOL.

An Axl vocal mistake where he has to scream razor blades because he's trying to sing over the PA, that's interesting and sort of part of the experience.

Forgetting lyrics every other song, and not producing a singing voice that sounds like Guns N' Roses, is something else.

Just love the backing vocals on sorry... damn, thats bumble or dizzy? :wub:

DJs solo... wow... he is getting better, cant wait for his input in GnR, lots of smiles, good chemistry between axl, tommy n dj... !

BTW this guy is uploading all the show from the TV in 1080HD

http://www.youtube.com/user/sarquisstuff

Edited by AGS

Just love the backing vocals on sorry... damn, thats bumble or dizzy? :wub:

DJs solo... wow... he is getting better, cant wait for his input in GnR, lots of smiles, good chemistry between axl, tommy n dj... !

BTW this guy is uploading all the show from the TV in 1080HD

http://www.youtube.com/user/sarquisstuff

Thanks for that!

It does sound MUCH better than the Youtube stream.

I'm the biggest Axl fan there is. It's because of that I can say "this show sucked" because I've listened to dozens of shows, seen dozens of videos, been to a show, know the albums, can pick out the probable over-dubs on Live Era.

I love the guy's work.

Love it too much to bullshit about the rain or "it takes a a few shows to get ready"... no, rehearsals would make you ready, or scheduling some shows before the biggest festival in the world. One show is one show, but this show comes every 10 years.

He had every factor but the weather going for him and he didn't show up.

I know he can do better than that's why this sucks so much.

Truth. I think this post pretty much sums it all up.

#InAxlWeTrust

Fucking THANK YOU, Sweersa. Agree totally. Sat through entire set, loved all of it. Bothered by cynicism when shows in recent years, as recent as late 09/2010 have been absolute scorchers by this boards standards. Honestly though, if i didn't know better, I would have thought the forum was being "raided" by haters.

Anytime my friend. I can't wait for the 1080p video to be uploaded!

I honestly loved the show. I've been waiting to watch it live since it was announced it would be streamed through youtube. Yeah, I was hoping for a new song. But we got Estranged! One of the greatest songs ever.

And we all know Axl is his own biggest critic. So lay off the guy. He does what he wants and anything you say won't change that. If he doesn't want to rehearse in between tours then he's not going to. Haven't you learned that within the past 25 years? Oh well. Like I said, I loved the show. And I can't wait to see Guns N' Roses in Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati!!! :)

This moanin' and cryin' bullshit is almost enough for me to leave this fuckin' place. I have too much respect for the band and the site to let some pussy start a wildfire over somethin' he/she knows fuck all about. You waited over an hour for GNR and complained, they hit the stage. You complain. They play Estranged. You complain. You cocksuckers wouldn't know talent if it kicked ya in the ass. Axl is getting older, doesn't rehearse, had time off. We don't have any clue as to what he's been up to during his downtime. We also don't if he had a cold, flu, family issues etc. Stop speculating. Go watch some other band cuz u ain't no gunner I'll tell ya that much. Just a bunch of punks tryin' to stir shit up.

FUCK YOU!!

This moanin' and cryin' bullshit is almost enough for me to leave this fuckin' place. I have too much respect for the band and the site to let some pussy start a wildfire over somethin' he/she knows fuck all about. You waited over an hour for GNR and complained, they hit the stage. You complain. They play Estranged. You complain. You cocksuckers wouldn't know talent if it kicked ya in the ass. Axl is getting older, doesn't rehearse, had time off. We don't have any clue as to what he's been up to during his downtime. We also don't if he had a cold, flu, family issues etc. Stop speculating. Go watch some other band cuz u ain't no gunner I'll tell ya that much. Just a bunch of punks tryin' to stir shit up.

FUCK YOU!!

:thumbsup:

FUCK YOU!!

Get in the ring, motherfucker =)

Funny thing about, all these whiners whineing about Axl not being great for them is, they had the option of turning off the feed. But, would rather watch and complain at the same time on a GN'R web site no less!? :shrugs:

That was the funniest thing for me last night, I was glad I could not get on the board because of the traffic, all the "holier than Axl" types would have defintly brought me down to their level, and I do not care if Axl had a bad start, I was glad I stayed up and to me it was worth it.....if im tone deaf or something else, then so be it....GUNS N'ROSES rock and I enjoy axl's music and how special do I think I am that the worlds had to allign everytime GN'R puts on a show.....Ron's shirt said it best..."EAT ME" :fuckyou:

I wasn't on the board either until after the show.

Yes, I could have turned off the feed. But I already was up at 2AM, already had 3 beers, and I kept hoping "well maybe they're pull it together", there'd be good parts, and then awful parts, and more "hoping to see something special or worthy", and then Patience happened and then when PC hit I just turned the thing off.

Like throwing good money after bad money, but I sure wasn't going to turn it off until I was sure it was over.

Yes, you might be tone deaf.

THX for letting me know what I dont give a shit about! :thumbsup:

How is it Axl can sing the same 25 songs since 2002 (as well as these songs included in the early days obviously) and STILL forget the lyrics to even the biggest hits? When it rains and the monitors are covered he's instantly helpless.

How many times has November Rain been performed? At least 150? Then not to do the last bit because he fucked up? Most performers would try even harder for the remainder of the song to make up for it, right?

First show. In Brazil. In front of over 100.000 crazy fans. On the road after 10 months.

He's human.

Exactly.

Honestly, even as a HUGE Axl, I gotta say that performance was, not awful, but definitely subpar. Almost like he wasn't trying at some points. Some songs he sounded amazing on, like Estranged, TIL and SOD but other than that, it was bad. I do however believe as the tour goes on he'll get back into the swing of things.

FUCK YOU!!

Did you not hear the performance? I can see why people are not happy. Telling others not to complain is ridiculous, it is absolutely warranted in this case. Maybe some people are trying to stir shit up but the majority of us are frustrated that the potential of this band does not line up with what ended up happening last night

Funny thing about, all these whiners whineing about Axl not being great for them is, they had the option of turning off the feed. But, would rather watch and complain at the same time on a GN'R web site no less!? :shrugs:

That was the funniest thing for me last night, I was glad I could not get on the board because of the traffic, all the "holier than Axl" types would have defintly brought me down to their level, and I do not care if Axl had a bad start, I was glad I stayed up and to me it was worth it.....if im tone deaf or something else, then so be it....GUNS N'ROSES rock and I enjoy axl's music and how special do I think I am that the worlds had to allign everytime GN'R puts on a show.....Ron's shirt said it best..."EAT ME" :fuckyou:h

I wasn't on the board either until after the show.

Yes, I could have turned off the feed. But I already was up at 2AM, already had 3 beers, and I kept hoping "well maybe they're pull it together", there'd be good parts, and then awful parts, and more "hoping to see something special or worthy", and then Patience happened and then when PC hit I just turned the thing off.

Like throwing good money after bad money, but I sure wasn't going to turn it off until I was sure it was over.

Yes, you might be tone deaf.

THX for letting me know what I dont give a shit about! :thumbsup:

HEY, you wondered why we just didn't turn the thing off.

The fact is we all wanted him to do well and we kept hanging on thinking it would get better. I made a night of it. Not quite going to RIO, but it was still something I did to "support my favorite band". And they (he) crapped on it.

I wasn't looking forward to criticizing the hell out of the show. I wanted it to be a good show. I'm not getting my jollies by saying he should have been to rehearsal and cardio.

Did you not hear the performance? I can see why people are not happy. Telling others not to complain is ridiculous, it is absolutely warranted in this case. Maybe some people are trying to stir shit up but the majority of us are frustrated that the potential of this band does not line up with what ended up happening last night

Thank you, Mr. Voice of Reason. :thumbsup: