Rio was awesome!

Sweersa

I watched the entire show streaming live and it was amazing. Axl may have been off a few times but he is human, and certainly made up for it by regaining his rasp and spirit on most of the songs following jungle. He gets tired and a bit out of practice and forgets things like we all do, but I feel the performance was fantastic and a highly memorable one for GN'R. You can't expect a live show to not be raw in some forms. He was joking with the audience even, and the crowd were having an awesome time by the looks and sounds of it.

I was dying watching SOAD and Slipknot, how people enjoy these bands blows my mind. I wanted to tear my ears and eyes out as these jokers were playing but fortunately Guns came on stage and saved me.

This is a great band, and they were just warming up at this show. I'm confident the upcoming shows, and the U.S. tour will be even more awesome.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the entire show streaming live and it was amazing. Axl may have been off a few times but he is human, and certainly made up for it by regaining his rasp and spirit on most of the songs following jungle. He gets tired and a bit out of practice and forgets things like we all do, but I feel the performance was fantastic and a highly memorable one for GN'R. You can't expect a live show to not be raw in some forms. He was joking with the audience even, and the crowd were having an awesome time by the looks and sounds of it.

I was dying watching SOAD and Slipknot, how people enjoy these bands blows my mind. I wanted to tear my ears and eyes out as these jokers were playing but fortunately Guns came on stage and saved me.

This is a great band, and they were just warming up at this show. I'm confident the upcoming shows, and the U.S. tour will be even more awesome.

Are you tone deaf or blind ...which one is it?

Edited by poutsa

SOAD totally upstaged GN'R. A number of factors hurt the GN'R performance: torrential rain before they even got on stage, a REALLY late scheduled start time and then a delay because of SOAD playing longer than scheduled, and then Axl comes out completely unprepared and acts like a little bitch when he forgets the lyrics to numerous songs. Band itself plays pretty sloppy compared to how they were last year. The only one I give a pass to is Bumblefoot because of his injuries. Dude put forth a hell of an effort considering his health situation. The rest of them gave a forgettable performance with the lone exception being Estranged. My guess is it's the only song Axl rehearsed and the only one the band gave a shit about getting right.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Oh I am so dissapointed.... I bought my ticket for Rosario venue (Argentina), by the way too expensive for my pocket money. Last night I saw Axl.....and i dont understand this guy. He had ten years since 2001 Rock in Rio edition and today is poor than ten years ago???? What is his problem??? He is so fat ...and he simply cannot sing almost Welcome to the jungle....He was the best rock singer twenty years ago but his ego eat his talent.-

For the people in the crowd, other than the physical meltdown and the rain, everyone said it was a great show. But really, when I listened to it from over there, it seemed like his voice was a lot better, must've been because so many people were singing along...

:confused: I feel sorry for you, because SOAD and Slipknot were leaps and bounds better than "GN'R". I actually looked forward to seeing SOAD more. Even with Serj's voice off after only a few shows before this, they blew "GN'R" out of the water.

Edited by Forsaken

ooohhh yesssss :wub: the show was amazing!!!! Axl was realy happy!!! making jokes on satge ... I love SOD and Patience .... also KOHD ... and Estranged was sublime :kiss:

I enjoyed every expression of Axl during "SORRY" .... :wub: was dedicated ... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the amazing show!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in love with GN'R !!!!!! :lol: and soooo happyyyyyyyyyyy

ooohhh yesssss :wub: the show was amazing!!!! Axl was realy happy!!! making jokes on satge ... I love SOD and Patience .... also KOHD ... and Estranged was sublime :kiss:

I enjoyed every expression of Axl during "SORRY" .... :wub: was dedicated ... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the amazing show!!!!!!!!!!!! Im in love with GN'R !!!!!! :lol: and soooo happyyyyyyyyyyy

Glad for you!!! I really enjoyed it too!!! Specially Estranged!!!

The show was not awesome. Blown lyrics, and Axl never found a vocal register he liked, except for the Disney one.

Also... this wasn't just a show, they were HEADLINING the biggest festival of the year, maybe the decade. HEADLINING.

Edited by Gagarin

Just watched Patience again. What a baby. After his meltdown he just stands in one place like a 6 year old.

Had to stand in one place because he was reading the lyrics, which he completely forgot. Motherfucker co-wrote the song and has performed it hundreds upon hundreds of times, but doesn't even know the lyrics. Embarrassing. :lol: