Rio was awesome!

Sweersa

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while i will admit axl sounded "off" i dont think it was as bad as 2001. either way estranged was the highlight of the set for me hearing them perform that song and hearing axl sang the opening verse was amazing. interestingly enough while most members on here thought the performance was horrible by axl its getting favorable reviews online. http://metalholic.co/concert-review-guns-n-roses-perform-rock-in-rio-under-october-rain/ http://metalnews.themonstersofrock.com/?p=2673

When the show ended I knew that the haters would be having trollgasms here. No, it was definitely not the greatest performance Gn'R has ever put on, and Chinese and Jungle were laughably horrible, but to call the show an absolute disaster is retarded. Estranged and Nightrain were both fucking amazing, and the band was great throughout the whole show, excluding an incident with a Stormtrooper helmet.

I would definitely watch it again, and I can't wait for the States when Axl will be in top form again.

When the show ended I knew that the haters would be having trollgasms here.

And you just knew the Axl apologists would be working thru the night to excuse the performance with a myriad of explanations and scenarios...

Even the longest serving Axl fans are calling this what it really was.Only a few remain and I'm sure their back stage passes are in the mail.

Though it was pretty good for a first show in pouring rain. Axl seemed to be in a great mood most of the show, until Nov. Rain and Patience. The rain must have fucked up the monitors, or Axl couldn't read it because of the covers on them.

First show? Guys been doing this for 25 years...even a first show should be remotely listenable. He should be able to sing November Rain backwards at this point. The guy was fucking out of it last night...physically, mentally and vocally. He should be ashamed of himself.

Lol at he should be ashamed of himself.

And you just knew the Axl apologists would be working thru the night to excuse the performance with a myriad of explanations and scenarios...

Even the longest serving Axl fans are calling this what it really was.Only a few remain and I'm sure their back stage passes are in the mail.

Then there's the folk who proclaim doomsday scenarios for GnR after the show. AMERICAN TOUR CANCELLED GNR IS DEAD LONG LIVE SLASH!!1!

When the show ended I knew that the haters would be having trollgasms here. No, it was definitely not the greatest performance Gn'R has ever put on, and Chinese and Jungle were laughably horrible, but to call the show an absolute disaster is retarded. Estranged and Nightrain were both fucking amazing, and the band was great throughout the whole show, excluding an incident with a Stormtrooper helmet.

I would definitely watch it again, and I can't wait for the States when Axl will be in top form again.

The word amazing gets thrown around these days like candy. Amazing was London O2 last year. RIR IV was a terrible performance. November Rain was embarassingly bad.

Maybe your reading comprehension doesn't exist, but if you try really, really hard, you will be able to understand that I called 2 songs amazing. Not the show.

I haven't really read much of that. Maybe you could point it out for me?

Edit: Outside of the first post in this thread. :lol:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I'm the biggest Axl fan there is. It's because of that I can say "this show sucked" because I've listened to dozens of shows, seen dozens of videos, been to a show, know the albums, can pick out the probable over-dubs on Live Era.

I love the guy's work.

Love it too much to bullshit about the rain or "it takes a a few shows to get ready"... no, rehearsals would make you ready, or scheduling some shows before the biggest festival in the world. One show is one show, but this show comes every 10 years.

He had every factor but the weather going for him and he didn't show up.

I know he can do better than that's why this sucks so much.

Funny thing about, all these whiners whineing about Axl not being great for them is, they had the option of turning off the feed. But, would rather watch and complain at the same time on a GN'R web site no less!? :shrugs:

That was the funniest thing for me last night, I was glad I could not get on the board because of the traffic, all the "holier than Axl" types would have defintly brought me down to their level, and I do not care if Axl had a bad start, I was glad I stayed up and to me it was worth it.....if im tone deaf or something else, then so be it....GUNS N'ROSES rock and I enjoy axl's music and how special do I think I am that the worlds had to allign everytime GN'R puts on a show.....Ron's shirt said it best..."EAT ME" :fuckyou:

Like I said before, were lucky we even got it on Youtube for free.

Sure, Axl missed lyrics, and his voice was off, but the band was awesome, the show was awesome, we got Estranged, and they'll be playing again in 2 days.

Yes, we know it's Rock In Rio, and I had high expectations, but it seems that something was up with Axl, but all in all it's not the "end of Guns N' Roses."

Fucking THANK YOU, Sweersa. Agree totally. Sat through entire set, loved all of it. Bothered by cynicism when shows in recent years, as recent as late 09/2010 have been absolute scorchers by this boards standards. Honestly though, if i didn't know better, I would have thought the forum was being "raided" by haters.

Fucking THANK YOU, Sweersa. Agree totally. Sat through entire set, loved all of it. Bothered by cynicism when shows in recent years, as recent as late 09/2010 have been absolute scorchers by this boards standards. Honestly though, if i didn't know better, I would have thought the forum was being "raided" by haters.

That is how it seems to be.

Axl has one bad night, and some people are on him like dogs on a piece of meat.

He sounded good on some songs, mediocre of others, he is human after all.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

That is how it seems to be.

Axl has one bad night, and some people are on him like dogs on a piece of meat.

He sounded good on some songs, mediocre of others, he is human after all.

+ 1. Fuck that. One fucking night under their IMMENSE expectations with NO FOUNDING ARGUMENTS, and Axl's done, he's a disgrace, the US will be cancelled, Bumble's gonna die, DJ's a bitch, :fuckyou: This concert was an average GnR concert. I don't want to stir up more war here but 100% HONESTLY, from the bottom of my heart, I preferred this performance than the Slash + Myles concert I attended last year. Much more. Can't compare.

I went at RIR 2001, Sao Paulo 2010 and yesterday. Honestly, this was the best GnR concert i've been to.

A LOT of rain, but very special. Estranged. And the all the people were talking well at the way home.

Agreed. People there were pleased, all my friends who also attended are talking well about it.

I hated to see the return of Mickey Mouse vocals. I was also disappointed that no new songs were played, I was quite confident that there would be at least one new song. Something to begin a new era with. But sadly this wasn't the case.

Estranged was awesome.

Overall the band was pretty tight and I liked the new DJ solo.

And Axl was pretty talkative with the crowd. And I must say that the ending to Patience was really eerie. But I like it. In a way.

There were many fuck ups but sometimes the fuck ups and stuff like that make an memorable concert.

I'd gladly watch this show over some regular Gn'R show.

I just hope that Axl can revive himself and start pushing forward.

If he doesn't want to do that, then he should call it quits.

I guess the next few dates will tell how it's going to be.

MISTAKES AT AN ORIGINAL GNR CONCERT = OMGGGG IT'S COOL AND RAWWWW!!!!!!!! HELLYEAH!!!!!

MISTAKE AT A NUGNR CONCERT = HOLY SHIT!!! THEY SUCK!!! MICKEY MOUSE!!! CASH GRAB!!!! DECADENT!! FAT DRUNK AXL!!!!

Classic MyGnR. LOL.

MISTAKES AT AN ORIGINAL GNR CONCERT = OMGGGG IT'S COOL AND RAWWWW!!!!!!!! HELLYEAH!!!!!

MISTAKE AT A NUGNR CONCERT = HOLY SHIT!!! THEY SUCK!!! MICKEY MOUSE!!! CASH GRAB!!!! DECADENT!! FAT DRUNK AXL!!!!

Classic MyGnR. LOL.

My complaint isn't that there were a couple of mistakes. It didn't seem like Axl wasnt Axl last night. I have never seem him give a blank stare during the performance or having him say "fuck it" and not even sing the last part of NR. Something was not right, and when you mix that with the vocal performance in general it was just strange...

Edited by WhazUp

Funny thing about, all these whiners whineing about Axl not being great for them is, they had the option of turning off the feed. But, would rather watch and complain at the same time on a GN'R web site no less!? :shrugs:

That was the funniest thing for me last night, I was glad I could not get on the board because of the traffic, all the "holier than Axl" types would have defintly brought me down to their level, and I do not care if Axl had a bad start, I was glad I stayed up and to me it was worth it.....if im tone deaf or something else, then so be it....GUNS N'ROSES rock and I enjoy axl's music and how special do I think I am that the worlds had to allign everytime GN'R puts on a show.....Ron's shirt said it best..."EAT ME" :fuckyou:

I wasn't on the board either until after the show.

Yes, I could have turned off the feed. But I already was up at 2AM, already had 3 beers, and I kept hoping "well maybe they're pull it together", there'd be good parts, and then awful parts, and more "hoping to see something special or worthy", and then Patience happened and then when PC hit I just turned the thing off.

Like throwing good money after bad money, but I sure wasn't going to turn it off until I was sure it was over.

Yes, you might be tone deaf.