Estranged 2011 Chinese Democracy Tour

ITW 2012

I think Axl sounds perfect on Estranged. I want to hear it with his raspy voice tho.

Oh and the band nails it, sorry Saul fans who said that they couldn't pull it off because the old band couldn't do it.

They are doing it.

xoxo

This one is awesome too btw:

If they play it in Atlanta this well, I will pass out from happiness.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It improves a little bot at every repeated performance since Axl's voice is getting stronger and he's more at ease with the song itself. The band also does a great job instrumentally.

Just a tad bit more rasp from Axl and it'll be just perfect.

Axl's voice still doesn't seem to be back to what it was in 2010. I'm guessing it'll take another month.

I think he's done. We should have heard a little improvement in his voice by now. I think his voice is shot for good this time.

Even when he came back in 2006, you could notice the improvement in his voice in the first show. It was no longer the 2002 mickey mouse. Listen to his voice during the first shows of the last 5 yrs, he has never had the mickey mouse voice. It is weird, but the man lost his voice in a matter of months.

U.S tour will be a disappointment because of it.

Maybe you should also mention the awefully out of tune bends and the fact that his voice was shot during that Tokyo 92 performance...

Maybe you don't hear them ?

Anyway, that's convenient, isn't it... :violin:

Shot or not his voice was a lot better than it's been on any of the performances on this tour. As for the bends etc it's excusable because at least it was an actual band on stage that night.

Well, I'm afraid that it's not a real argument when one is talking about actual guitar playing : "yeah, they were playing like shit but at least they weren't hired hands".

They either play the shit correctly or they don't. :drevil:

Better chemistry doesn't make out of tune bends sound great all of a sudden. :shrugs:

Well, I'm afraid that it's not a real argument when one is talking about actual guitar playing : "yeah, they were playing like shit but at least they weren't hired hands".

They either play the shit correctly or they don't. :drevil:

Better chemistry doesn't make out of tune bends sound great all of a sudden. :shrugs:

Nobody's arguing that Bumble can play the songs flawlessly but to me it's all about the chemistry and more importantly Axl's performance both of which were immeasurably better in the older clip.

And I agree with that. It's just the other guy who said that the guitars were "awful" and then this clip was posted.

GnR had an edge that NuGnR will never ever have, simply because the musicians haven't been through what the original band has been through and which inspired the songs and the way they were played...but how can anyone say that the guitar playing is "awful" really...

If the band wasn't called GnR and if someone posted an audio clip of this recording on Youtube, would most people say "Woooaah HORRIBLE cover, awful guitar playing, this is SHIT !" ? Of course not...

NuGnR will never really be GnR, at least not in a way that would be acceptable to some of the fans of the original band, but they clearly aren't lousy musicians. :confused:

Edited by The Glow Inc.

And I agree with that. It's just the other guy who said that the guitars were "awful" and then this clip was posted.

GnR had an edge that NuGnR will never ever have, simply because the musicians haven't been through what the original band has been through and which inspired the songs and the way they were played...but how can anyone say that the guitar playing is "awful" really...

If the band wasn't called GnR and if someone posted an audio clip of this recording on Youtube, would most people say "Woooaah HORRIBLE cover, awful guitar playing, this is SHIT !" ? Of course not...

NuGnR will never really be GnR, at least not in a way that would be acceptable to some of the fans of the original band, but they clearly aren't lousy musicians. :confused:

+1 Great post!

The vocals seem to be improving slightly, aside from that, and it pains me to say it, the vocals coming out if this tour are the worst I've ever heard. Estranged in the first couple of shows sounded absolutely horrendous, this latest one doesn't sound that much better, he's not even attempting to hold long notes. I'm astounded and saddened by this sudden loss of voice considering how fantastic he sounded in Canada, Europe, Asia and South America first time round, it couldn't have happened at a worse time either. I don't think word of mouth will pack out these shows (would love to be wrong). This band can't play Estranged right (yet). Dizzy must be wondering how things could have got so bad. I have said in the past that they should have left this song alone, they can't do it justice. Tokyo '92 was magical, this isn't.

The vocals seem to be improving slightly, aside from that, and it pains me to say it, the vocals coming out if this tour are the worst I've ever heard. Estranged in the first couple of shows sounded absolutely horrendous, this latest one doesn't sound that much better, he's not even attempting to hold long notes. I'm astounded and saddened by this sudden loss of voice considering how fantastic he sounded in Canada, Europe, Asia and South America first time round, it couldn't have happened at a worse time either. I don't think word of mouth will pack out these shows (would love to be wrong). This band can't play Estranged right (yet). Dizzy must be wondering how things could have got so bad. I have said in the past that they should have left this song alone, they can't do it justice. Tokyo '92 was magical, this isn't.

It's "magical" to me that almost 20 years later we're still privileged enough to witness a good rendition of this indeed magical song. :shrugs: