Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!

volcano62

Any of you people saying Axl sounded better than Miles at Rio must be deaf, seriously. And I'm not even a Miles fan. In 2010 he did sound better though.

Actually, you must be the deaf one. While it was far from Axl's finest moment, it came closer to the albums than Miles has, and probably ever will.

Certainly one of the best tribute bands out there..............

CoolFace.png

Did you know that Slash plays fewer songs from his own solo-album live than that GN'R plays songs from CD?

Ironic, isn't it?

CoolFace.png

sure about that?

Played songs

Slash (12 songs)

Ghost (Slash)

Beautiful Dangerous (Slash)

Back From Cali (Slash)

Promise (Slash)

By The Sword (Slash)

Doctor Alibi (Slash)

Watch This (Slash)

I Hold On (Slash)

Nothing To Say (Slash)

Starlight (Slash)

We're All Gonna Die (Slash)

Sahara (Slash)

Guns N' Roses (9 songs)

Welcome To The Jungle (Guns N' Roses)

Nightrain (Guns N' Roses)

Mr. Brownstone (Guns N' Roses)

My Michelle (Guns N' Roses)

Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses)

Paradise City (Guns N' Roses)

Rocket Queen (Guns N' Roses)

Patience (Guns N' Roses)

Civil War (Guns N' Roses)

Slash's Snakepit (6 songs)

Beggars And Hangers-On (Slash's Snakepit)

Jizz Da Pit (Slash's Snakepit)

Been There Lately (Slash's Snakepit)

Just Like Anything (Slash's Snakepit)

Mean Bone (Slash's Snakepit)

Speed Parade (Slash's Snakepit)

Velvet Revolver (5 songs)

Sucker Train Blues (Velvet Revolver)

Do It For The Kids (Velvet Revolver)

Dirty Little Thing (Velvet Revolver)

Fall To Pieces (Velvet Revolver)

Slither (Velvet Revolver)

Covers (12 songs)

Rise Today (Alter Bridge)

Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin)

Woman (Wolfmother)

Nice Boys (Rose Tatoo)

School's Out (Alice Cooper)

Are You Ready? (Thin Lizzy)

Up Around The Bend (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

Barracuda (Heart)

L.A. Woman (The Doors)

Always On The Run (Lenny Kravitz)

Ain't That A Shame (Cheap Trick)

Walkin' The Dog (Rufus Thomas)

So Slash only played 1 constant setlist while he was on tour? Forgive me for not knowing because I have no interest in following him. I have heard a couple of his Gn'R covers, and I must say that Axl at Rio sounded way better than Miles, or whatever his name is.

And how many songs had clone DJ contributed to the G N' R catalogue? Nothing. It must be realy depressing for him beeing in a band without a chance playing one of his own songs. L :rofl-lol:

Good one, bring DJ into it. He still does a way better job of covering Slash than Miles does Axl.

How many guitar players does DJ had to cover? Slash, Buckethead, Robin Finck,... At least he is good in something.

And your point is?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Are they the greatest fuckin' band in the world or what????

They’re a great live act; but the greatest? No – not until there’s a momentum of total consistency (whereby both Axl and the band can establish a balance and sustain that).

They can’t be the best band in the world as GN’R are yet to partake in the most fundamental practice of a band; the studio.

CoolFace.png

Did you know that Slash plays fewer songs from his own solo-album live than that GN'R plays songs from CD?

Ironic, isn't it?

CoolFace.png

sure about that?

Played songs

Slash (12 songs)

Ghost (Slash)

Back From Cali (Slash)

Promise (Slash)

By The Sword (Slash)

Doctor Alibi (Slash)

Watch This (Slash)

I Hold On (Slash)

Nothing To Say (Slash)

Starlight (Slash)

Sahara (Slash)

Guns N' Roses (9 songs)

Patience (Guns N' Roses)

Covers (12 songs)

Woman (Wolfmother)

Nice Boys (Rose Tatoo)

Barracuda (Heart)

L.A. Woman (The Doors)

The show I attended during summervacation had this setlist:

Ghost

Mean Bone

Sucker Train Blues

Nightrain

Rocket Queen

Civil War

Back From Cali

Promise

Starlight

Nothing To Say

My Michelle

Doctor Alibi

Speed Parade

Mr. Brownstone

Jizz Da Pit

Just Like Anything

Patience

(Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Slither

Beggars & Hangers-On

By The Sword

Paradise City

That are 7 songs of his solo album and 8 Guns N' Roses songs.

The show I saw in Holland even had 5 songs from his solo album.

I didn't mean it if you look at all his shows.

But even if you do: Slash played 12 songs from his solo album, Guns played all their Chinese Democracy songs. And 13 on last years tour.

So the only thing you did was prove what I said. Slash plays fewer of his solo album live than Guns play CD songs live.

Most of Slash's sets consist of more Guns songs than anything else, which is fine by me because he had a huge part in writing these song.

But if GN'R is a coverband, does that make Slash a coverband too?

Edited by UcudBmineCD

Any of you people saying Axl sounded better than Miles at Rio must be deaf, seriously. And I'm not even a Miles fan. In 2010 he did sound better though.

Actually, you must be the deaf one. While it was far from Axl's finest moment, it came closer to the albums than Miles has, and probably ever will.

CoolFace.png

Ironic, isn't it?

CoolFace.png

sure about that?

Played songs

Slash (12 songs)

Ghost (Slash)

Back From Cali (Slash)

Promise (Slash)

By The Sword (Slash)

Doctor Alibi (Slash)

Watch This (Slash)

I Hold On (Slash)

Nothing To Say (Slash)

Starlight (Slash)

Sahara (Slash)

Guns N' Roses (9 songs)

Patience (Guns N' Roses)

Covers (12 songs)

Woman (Wolfmother)

Nice Boys (Rose Tatoo)

Barracuda (Heart)

L.A. Woman (The Doors)

So Slash only played 1 constant setlist while he was on tour? Forgive me for not knowing because I have no interest in following him. I have heard a couple of his Gn'R covers, and I must say that Axl at Rio sounded way better than Miles, or whatever his name is.

And how many songs had clone DJ contributed to the G N' R catalogue? Nothing. It must be realy depressing for him beeing in a band without a chance playing one of his own songs. L :rofl-lol:

Good one, bring DJ into it. He still does a way better job of covering Slash than Miles does Axl.

How many guitar players does DJ had to cover? Slash, Buckethead, Robin Finck,... At least he is good in something.

And your point is?

I agree then. DJ is pretty decent at covering some of Slash's work. I prefer Thal though.

Were discussing Guns N' Roses (Axl, BBF, DJ, Tommy, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy and Chris) about being the greatest band in the world.

That specific group is not the greatest band in the world. You can argue that any way you want, for however long you want, and at the end of it, they still won't be.

Edited by moreblack

Were discussing Guns N' Roses (Axl, BBF, DJ, Tommy, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy and Chris) about being the greatest band in the world.

That specific group is not the greatest band in the world. You can argue that any way you want, for however long you want, and at the end of it, they still won't be.

If they're not, who is? I'm curious. And from all aspects. Musical talent, chemistry, showmanship, diversity, catalogue, length of shows, etc.

+1

If they're not, who is? I'm curious. And from all aspects. Musical talent, chemistry, showmanship, diversity, catalogue, length of shows, etc.

The length of a show has nothing to do with the greatness of a band. During the late '80s the G N' R shows lasted for at least 1 hour but every show they played like it could be their last one.

But if GN'R is a coverband, does that make Slash a coverband too?

On the old material Slash's current band is a cover band............only difference between him and Axl is Axl has the legal right to call his band Guns N Roses but both are cover bands on the old material.......

So I guess KISS, Megadeth, and Whitesnake are cover bands too, right?

The length of a show has nothing to do with the greatness of a band. During the late '80s the G N' R shows lasted for at least 1 hour but every show they played like it could be their last one.

But they have yet to put that chemistry, showsmanship, diversity, etc. through their OWN material. Yes they seem like a Hell of a live act. And yes, they have skill and potential. But being great at covers doesn't give out the title of "greatest band ever". They have yet to prove (this lineup specifically), that they can pack the same WOW factor through their own music, and not just the songs of yesteryear.

Without a new album in sight it will take a long time before they do so.

Wow...another hijacked thread..shocker..

Honestly, if you expected this thread to be a multiple page discussion about how the current lineup of GNR is the greatest band in the world... ha, you're a moron! Volcano knew what it would turn into, that's why he made it and is still posting in it, back and forth Axl vs Slash mud slinging is all he does, every day. Its pretty well documented on the forum.

You clowns seemed surprised that hired musicians - session players - hired hands - play songs really good. That is what they get paid to do geniuses. What have they created that has had even the slightest impact on popular culture? Entertained a few Internet nerds? Bravo!!!

U mad?

Richard and Ron both have a song on either Rockband or Guitar Hero. DJ has done well with Sixx AM and had a lot of fans before he joined Guns. Tommy was in The Replacements, so calling him a session player is just retarded since people knew him and his band way before Guns N' Roses was formed.

Stay on topic of gtfo!

t'was on topic, but whatever the topic is, who stays or who gtfo's is hardly up to you, is it?

Ok cupcakes...name me one fuckin' band that can outstage Guns N' Roses.....

doesn't matter who anyone names, you're gonna hate them. But then your view is hardly fair and balanced. <_<

Edited by moreblack

You clowns seemed surprised that hired musicians - session players - hired hands - play songs really good. That is what they get paid to do geniuses. What have they created that has had even the slightest impact on popular culture? Entertained a few Internet nerds? Bravo!!!

Who sounds surprised? Your reading comprehension clearly needs a lot of work before you decide to ramble on about some bullshit again. And I know that you are a little slow mentally, but us internet nerds aren't putting thousands of people at their shows.

Ok cupcakes...name me one fuckin' band that can outstage Guns N' Roses.....

Metallica and Stone Sour for example. Their shows are always a pleasure to visit + now and then they release albums and or dvd's to keep the fans happy.

Have seen both live multiple times, and while Metallica do put on a great show, they've seemingly been on the downward spiral for years. And I won't even mention "Lulu". And Stone Sour are a very decent band but those bands are a dime a dozen. I seen them on the Rock Allegiances tour and they didn't stand out from any one of the other bands playing (Red, Puddle of Mudd, P.O.D, etc.)