earliest possible start time?

gmsugaree

So what is the earliest GNR has taken the stage? I am trying to figure out if I can get to the Izod center at 10:30 PM and be OK on 11/17......

You'll be ok most likely.. However they've taken stage earlier throughout history.

Going by the recent shows, I think 10:30 - 11:00 at the very earliest.

Fuck! I really hope they drop the curfew here in Dallas or our GNR show will be over before it begins.

They have to make exceptions. They have to!

There will be another riot if the venue cuts this concert short! lol I think I might have to join this time too.

Fuck! I really hope they drop the curfew here in Dallas or our GNR show will be over before it begins.

There will be another riot if the venue cuts this concert short! lol I think I might have to join this time too.

I'm sure things get sorted out ahead of time. I wouldn't worry.

Reading/Leeds was an exception... have the venue ever pulled the plug on the show elsewhere?

Considering the precedent GNR and its audiences have made over the years in terms of willingness to destroy shit, I think regardless of curfews venues will defer and let the band start and stop when it wants. Rather than go head on with Axl and the thousands of people supporting him, most managers of venues would like prefer to impose fines on the band then deal with physical damage to their property.

As for the earliest GNR has ever gone on stage, I believe one of the earliest was in 2002 at Madison Square Gardens. I remember being shocked when the lights went down and I looked at my watch and it said 9:30.

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm sure things get sorted out ahead of time. I wouldn't worry.

Reading/Leeds was an exception... have the venue ever pulled the plug on the show elsewhere?

I

Dude I never trust that they will work things out ahead of time. lol I'm sure the venue knows how GNR does shows and hopefully they will make an exception unless Axl does decide to come out early, but I doubt that.

Either way, they better let the band play for as long as they like. For the cost of the tickets, this venue isn't losing any money.

Not sure if a venue ever stopped a show? It's never happened to any show I've seen in NYC or Dallas, but then again, no band has gone over the time limit in Dallas. NYC doesn't care unless they've changed, but I doubt it.

Hamilton last year was 10:29...that's the earliest I can recall in recent years (In North America at least)

I think one of Alberta shows (I want to say Calgary but I could be wrong) started even earlier than we got in Hamilton, something like 9:50.

I was impressed with the start time in Hamilton. I really didn't consider it to be a "late" start since the show itself started at 8 and there were two openers. Danko Jones at 8, then Bach was rolling by 9 or so and played for nearly an hour, so really it was only a half hour to forty minute wait for Guns, the average take down time in between bands.

I always have the idea that I could just show up for 11 and still be on time, but with my luck that'd be the day Axl comes on at 9!

If everyone is fully aware of the curfew, the show will start on time. This band can't really afford to have a riot or anything of that sort.