Los Angeles December 21st

bumblecool

"It was definitely Axl Rose on stage Wednesday for a sold-out concert at the Forum, but was it really Guns N' Roses? ."

That's where I stopped reading.

The reviewer complained about Axl walking off the stage whenever there's a solo. He was only giving them the spotlight. What's wrong with that?

LOL!

They're looking for every pathetic opportunity to say something bad about them. That's just getting funny.

LOL cause we all know Axl should just stand there during a solo :) LOL they are showcasing the talent on stage and thus he leaves so they can do so

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It was definitely Axl Rose on stage Wednesday for a sold-out concert at the Forum, but was it really Guns N' Roses? ."

That's where I stopped reading.

The reviewer complained about Axl walking off the stage whenever there's a solo. He was only giving them the spotlight. What's wrong with that?

LOL!

They're looking for every pathetic opportunity to say something bad about them. That's just getting funny.

LOL cause we all know Axl should just stand there during a solo :) LOL they are showcasing the talent on stage and thus he leaves so they can do so

Axl probably had to do some stuff to keep his vocals strong that night. He has his little command center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP07OaykcuY&context=C38220b7ADOEgsToPDskLApifd_irTJMWWgHy6zphv

Is it the very first time Axl really sings in THIS elton john's piano intro?

its Gran Torino

"Gentle now a tender breeze blows

whispers through a Gran Torino

whistling another tired song"

Edited by Alpachiris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP07OaykcuY&context=C38220b7ADOEgsToPDskLApifd_irTJMWWgHy6zphv

Is it the very first time Axl really sings in THIS elton john's piano intro?

its Gran Torino

"Gentle now a tender breeze blows

whispers through a Gran Torino

whistling another tired song"

Also not the first time, he hummed a few bars in salt lake city and Seattle too. I love that song...

The Axl of 2006 had much more Mickey Mouse than the Axl of 2011. Everyone seems to forget that there was still a ton of the Mickey Mouse voice going on in 2006. When he was on he was incredible, but he had a lot of off shows during that tour just like any other. He has more rasp, more range, and is much more consistent on this tour than in 2006/2007.

He sings some of the songs better now. He sang most of the songs better then, at least to me.

The Axl of 2006 had much more Mickey Mouse than the Axl of 2011. Everyone seems to forget that there was still a ton of the Mickey Mouse voice going on in 2006. When he was on he was incredible, but he had a lot of off shows during that tour just like any other. He has more rasp, more range, and is much more consistent on this tour than in 2006/2007.

He sings some of the songs better now. He sang most of the songs better then, at least to me.

He sings much better now than 2006/2007. It's not even close really. I saw them live in 2006 and while it was very cool, because it had been so long. The show i saw in LA was a much better band, and a much better Axl.

He sings much better now than 2006/2007. It's not even close really. I saw them live in 2006 and while it was very cool, because it had been so long. The show i saw in LA was a much better band, and a much better Axl.

Meh, there's no definitive "NO, you're wrong!" to this, so to each their own. I think he sang most of the new songs better in the 2010 tour as well. He doesn't sound bad now. He just doesn't sound as good to me. He was killing This I Love then. Ignoring the Rio performance, of course, I've only seen three shows from the 2011 stuff, this being one of them. Maybe I'm just judging on off nights.

Meh, there's no definitive "NO, you're wrong!" to this, so to each their own. I think he sang most of the new songs better in the 2010 tour as well. He doesn't sound bad now. He just doesn't sound as good to me. He was killing This I Love then. Ignoring the Rio performance, of course, I've only seen three shows from the 2011 stuff, this being one of them. Maybe I'm just judging on off nights.

Well, if we are comparing to 2010 I wouldn't disagree with you. 2010 was incredible. He was also on tour for a very long time at the point he was sounding so good.

Well, if we are comparing to 2010 I wouldn't disagree with you. 2010 was incredible. He was also on tour for a very long time at the point he was sounding so good.

I think he sang SCOM, Better, Street of Dreams, and You Could Be Mine better in 2006 by a long shot, but that's just off the top of my head (and from the three or four shows I have on DVD). He definitely seems to be able to sing longer without taking breaths now, but I think his voice was better in 2006.

I'm not trying to disgrace him at all with this. It probably boils down to preference, anyways. I'm loving the current tour and he still sounds good. The band is FAR better than they've ever been, playing nearly everything the best it has been played in the 10 years.

I think he sang SCOM, Better, Street of Dreams, and You Could Be Mine better in 2006 by a long shot, but that's just off the top of my head (and from the three or four shows I have on DVD). He definitely seems to be able to sing longer without taking breaths now, but I think his voice was better in 2006.

I'm not trying to disgrace him at all with this. It probably boils down to preference, anyways. I'm loving the current tour and he still sounds good. The band is FAR better than they've ever been, playing nearly everything the best it has been played in the 10 years.

Agreed. Also add november rain.

But i don't think he lost his voice. It's an option.

In this LA show i loved the way he sang the end of patience. One of the best i've ever heard him doing.

How cheap not to buy a really amazing and cheap stream, in a way to show appreciation for the band who made this happen, and then have the nerve to urge people to put it on youtube for them.

Shame on you

These guys make plenty of money, they don't need my $10 to get the live stream. They're already getting $75 from me for the ticket I bought to the concert I'm going to.

Some of you guys just argue for the sake of arguing...so some people (myself included) want to watch it for free...umm...WHO FUCKING CARES???? It's obviously gonna wind up on youtube eventually anyways (already has) so you're fighting a fight you cannot win.

I think if you can't make it to a concert but wanna see a show, buying the PPV is the best way. The more people who buy it, the more likely we'll get it in the future. DrBrownstone and others like him who've bought tickets have supported the band. There's no reason to argue about this, it's fucking sad that you find a reason out of merely supporting your favorite band to argue. Just enjoy it for goodness sake.

I am having a hard time remembering but Paris 92 was on Pay-Per-View and I don't remember the price but it was certainly WAY higher than 10$.

How much is boxing or ufc these days? A 3 hour show for $10 is a steal IMO, fuck UFC charges you to watch a round for 15 seconds some fights lol

I pulled some prices from my area here they are:

BOXING: Cotto VS Margarito II Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 9 PM EST SD Price: $54.99 HD Price: $64.99

UFC 140: Jones VS Machida December 10 at 9 PM EST SD Price: $49.99 HD Price: $59.99

TNA: Final Resolution Sunday, December 11 at 8 PM EST SD Price: $34.99 HD Price: $44.99

Now I am NOT a sports fan but those prices seem VERY high to me for the value you get, the main fights last how long? I know not 3 hours, not even close...

Don't these guys have "enough money already?" :rolleyes:

here is a listing of pay per view stuff and how many people bought them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay-per-view

In 2006 HBO generated 3,700,000 pay-per-view buys with $177,000,000 in gross sales.

WOWZA!

the only thing I can find there that is close to $10 is movies, again those movies are not 3 hours of your favorite thing.

I think $10 is great value myself

Edited by gunsguy

"They have a lot of money, bla bla bla" is completly bullshit.

This is done by a partnership between GNR and iClips, so this has to be Good for both parts.

And Gn'R has a lot of money, sure, but this works like just as any business and it's not so easy as you may think. They had all the costs too and a lot of behind the scenes issues to put this online on your computer.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

I am having a hard time remembering but Paris 92 was on Pay-Per-View and I don't remember the price but it was certainly WAY higher than 10$.

How much is boxing or ufc these days? A 3 hour show for $10 is a steal IMO, fuck UFC charges you to watch a round for 15 seconds some fights lol

Paris was at least $20 back then and I think it was $29.95 if I remember right. I haven't read all of this but if anybody is bitching about the streaming not being free they need to get over it. Didn't they open up the encore for free streaming?

The idea that you can watch a band play a show live no matter where you are in the world is just awesome and well worth $8. It was a great show, too.