2002 vs 2011

The Catcher in the Rye

You know, for me the band from 2002 with Buckethead, Robin Finck and Richard Fortus on the guitars is the most amazing awesome great band in the history of GNR, the level of composition in the music is from gods, but this band with Bumblefoot and Dj kickin asses, I mean, the 2002 in composition is the gratest band in the history of GNR, but on live, I think 2011 is the better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iMSp7ftSs

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a joke topic right? I fucking hope so. :anger:

the band from 2002 with Buckethead, Robin Finck and Richard Fortus on the guitars is the most amazing awesome great band in the history of GNR

:crazy:

Where is the facepalm smiley when you need it? Where? Where?? WHERE???

If Axl had his 2006 or 2010 vocals in 2002... I'm a BIG fan of the 2002 line up, love Buckethead, Brian and Robin and sad they are gone. However this current incarnation play the material to perfection and are more rock n' roll. The 2002 line up had little chemistry and looked like a goth/industrial/punk juxtaposition.

I think the 2011 band is much better in every aspect. The 2002 band was good at playing some of the songs, but they looked like a freakshow. The 2011 band is great, and they look like a rock band. They also have the chemistry together that the 2002 band did not.

If you factor in the WHOLE band, it's not even a comparison, since Axl sounds much better in 2011 than 2002.

I thank the 2002 lineup for the music on CD, but I thank this lineup for getting people to take GnR seriously again. I love the 02 lineup but live, they did look a bit mashed together. Talent-wise, idk because I haven't heard anything written by the new band. Theyy certainly SEEM to enjoy being on stage together, and hopefully that could translate to a quick production of an awesome album. The we can really judge

I wish the 2002 line-up could have taken off, but the truth is that wasn't a band, the guys didn't hang out. Axl could have had a 3 guitar attack of Buckethead, Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Vai, Colonel Claypool on bass and it still just wouldn't have worked as a band. In studio, yes, perhaps. The 2011 line-up actually gel together for the most part, that can only be a good thing.

Edit: Just a thought that popped into my head, but I wonder what the people praising the 2002 line-up over everything else would have been like had the 2011 line-up happened in 2002, and the 02 line-up happened currently.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

2002/2006 was a messy and carnevalesque freakshow bursting with creative energy, on the edge, daring, challenging, striving, evolving, progressing. It was a circus, a fireworks.

2011 is a travesty, a broadway show, a play, better setlists though and Axl sounding more constant, but lots of Rose but no Guns, like Bon Jovi with slightly bigger balls. Boring.

The band simply lacks more creative energy and a real star guitar player to bring out the best in everyone, incl. Axl, the band, the fans, the media, just everyone.

the band from 2002 with Buckethead, Robin Finck and Richard Fortus on the guitars is the most amazing awesome great band in the history of GNR

True.

+1

Bumble is better than any "star player"...

To me he comes across like a manipulative attention whore and his fancy doubleneck n' fretless gottabedifferent guitar just sounds like a dying elephant on crack.

:huh: u mad because your "guitar hero " can't play a fretless guitar?

Check Nigthrain @ Rock am Ring. He doesn't need double neck or freetless guitar.

And obvioulsy we is a attention whore, He is so nice to fans because of that, to get attention!