East Rutherford DVD

There Was A Time

GNRSkidRow 1 is in the process of getting the dvd. Hopefully it won't take too long! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the guy takes forever to answer E-mails :shrugs:

He was really quick with me, honestly. I mean two or three responses in two days. He was less than thrilled that I had nothing to trade and pointed that $25 is ridiculous. Didn't accept my reasonable offer.

Yeah, the only time these guys will make a deal usually is if you're buying in bulk. I believe I was able to buy 3 Ozzy shows for $50? Kind of ridiculous, but oh well, the shows are special to me because I attend them.

Besides, no one can deny, these guys do a great job filming.

GNRSkidRow 1 is in the process of getting the dvd. Hopefully it won't take too long! :thumbsup:

He was really quick with me, honestly. I mean two or three responses in two days. He was less than thrilled that I had nothing to trade and pointed that $25 is ridiculous. Didn't accept my reasonable offer.

Yeah, the only time these guys will make a deal usually is if you're buying in bulk. I believe I was able to buy 3 Ozzy shows for $50? Kind of ridiculous, but oh well, the shows are special to me because I attend them.

What group are they again?

What group are they again?

NYC (New York City) Bitch Committee

Ha, I guess the name fits. What a bunch of dicks.

You can call them dicks, but I think they're just businessmen. Think about it. They may not even be GNR fans yet they have to buy four or five (possibly more) tickets, sneak the equipment in, record several angles, post-process, burn and ship. To me, the risks they took, the time they spent putting it together and getting it to me without much hassle would be worth $25 for a show I enjoyed. Heck, at the state fair, if you ride the slingshot into the sky ride, they charge you $15 for a 3-second DVD from a single angle with shitty audio. It appears these guys do damn good work, and people think it should be free? Occupy Bootlegs starts now I suppose!

You can call them dicks, but I think they're just businessmen. Think about it. They may not even be GNR fans yet they have to buy four or five (possibly more) tickets, sneak the equipment in, record several angles, post-process, burn and ship. To me, the risks they took, the time they spent putting it together and getting it to me without much hassle would be worth $25 for a show I enjoyed. Heck, at the state fair, if you ride the slingshot into the sky ride, they charge you $15 for a 3-second DVD from a single angle with shitty audio. It appears these guys do damn good work, and people think it should be free? Occupy Bootlegs starts now I suppose!

To the best of my knowledge, one, maybe 2 people max, films, and they make their multi-cams with bits from other YouTube videos.

They are a bunch of fucks, but they do good work.

I guess people (even myself) think it should be free because that's what bootlegging and everything else around it is about. Sharing things such as with fans, not selling it and making a profit!

they make their multi-cams with bits from other YouTube videos.

Wait.. seriously?

Wait.. seriously?

To the best of my knowledge.

I could be wrong, but I don't know.

The main cam, from the top center, is them. Anything else, I don't believe is.

But like I said, I could be wrong, but I don't see 3-5 going in to different spots and all of them getting away with the footage they get.

I mean, only one guy was filming Camden, right?

Wait.. seriously?

But like I said, I could be wrong, but I don't see 3-5 going in to different spots and all of them getting away with the footage they get.

Idk man, they did it in '06.

And speaking of Camden, the full-show DVD that he was talking about making available soon is the one shot from the pit, which is mostly on YouTube already.

I'm probably just gonna buy East Rutherford from the guy. Hope everyone doesn't hate me if I wait until after Christmas.

Wait.. seriously?

And speaking of Camden, the full-show DVD that he was talking about making available soon is the one shot from the pit, which is mostly on YouTube already.

I'm probably just gonna buy East Rutherford from the guy. Hope everyone doesn't hate me if I wait until after Christmas.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong :shrugs:

And wait, the Camden vids I showed you is the NYCBC? That doesn't make sense.

Wait.. seriously?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong :shrugs:

And wait, the Camden vids I showed you is the NYCBC? That doesn't make sense.

No, the guy is a collector. I assume he is going to be traded that DVD, and is then going to sell it. He has a whole list of GNR DVDs ranging all the way back to 1986 (just like everyone else lol)

I just got 3 form letter emails back from that guy - WHAT A FUCKING BOOTLEGGING DICKHEAD. It's one thing to record a live performance and share it for free among the fans, but it's another thing entirely to record a performance and then charge people to see it. Basically, he is offering to trade for a "master of equal quality - fair is fair," and since no one is willing to trade he is asking for cash. And then when people trade him, what he does is turn around and offer those for sale too.

PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH. I hope the band sees this, and sends a cease and desist letter or something. I can't see how what this guy is doing is legal. Fuck him. :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

I see both sides of this issue, I mean I agree that in this day and age bootlegs should be free, but the majority of clips are free on YouTube. These guys put a lot of work into it and if you watch the two clips of Jungle and Nightrain, they are pretty awesome. Somebody will buy a copy and post it on the board here soon enough anyway. Bootlegging is a touchy subject as it's not legal and bands don't like things that are out of their control, but they've been around since the 60's and 70's and allow fans who really love a band to dig a little deeper. At the end of the day I don't mind somebody making a few bucks if they've put a lot of work into making a great product.

Axl should absolutely have released a couple of live dvd's by now, as he should have released record albums. But the fact remains that it never happens. So bootlegs are all we've got.