What would "NuGnR" fans do?

Snowmass

Just curious (as obviously) a huge divide exists between original Gunners and 'Nu' GnR fans/fans of Axls current line up.

If the originals were to perform at RRHOF would you (NuGnR fans) even watch? What would you do if they toured...would you support GnR and go?

Or would you be following and going to all the shows that Tommy, Bumble, DJ, Frank etc... put on by themselves or with other bands?

I'm assuming you'd bail on GnR and follow the current guys (wherever they might land) since the Nu fans just love & rave about how awesome these current musicians are over the originals.

Or maybe you'd go and suffer through the show with originals and yearn for Buckethead or Bumblefoot or whoever?

Me- (original fan/diehard)- I love CD, have seen Axl 3 times with a variety of newbies (and several original shows). I go for one reason- Axl. And I don't think the current line up sucks, they kicked ass, they put on a hell of a show, but it wasn't GnR.

yes me too i will enjoy whatever happens, but i would prefer the originals to be there, but the new band to stay together, i see nothing good coming from a reunion at all. All it will do is make a bunch of greedy people rich, while guns n roses will suffer with all the egos and arguements once again.

I don't PREFER nuGnR to original GnR. I love both. It's not a choice of one or the other, you can love both, you know? You don't really have to pick a side... Although I gotta say I'd be a little disappointed if the Chinese Democracy songs never get played again because of a reunion... on the other hand, it'd be awesome!

Just curious (as obviously) a huge divide exists between original Gunners and 'Nu' GnR fans/fans of Axls current line up.

If the originals were to perform at RRHOF would you (NuGnR fans) even watch? What would you do if they toured...would you support GnR and go?

Or would you be following and going to all the shows that Tommy, Bumble, DJ, Frank etc... put on by themselves or with other bands?

I'm assuming you'd bail on GnR and follow the current guys (wherever they might land) since the Nu fans just love & rave about how awesome these current musicians are over the originals.

Or maybe you'd go and suffer through the show with originals and yearn for Buckethead or Bumblefoot or whoever?

Me- (original fan/diehard)- I love CD, have seen Axl 3 times with a variety of newbies (and several original shows). I go for one reason- Axl. And I don't think the current line up sucks, they kicked ass, they put on a hell of a show, but it wasn't GnR.

When you talk about original bands on stage, you're also talking about band dynamics and the overall feel of the songs are affected.

I'll be enjoying it, because I'm a fan of everything, both past and present, Guns N' Roses.

Me too! I"ve been a fan since the beginning and I'm a fan now.

Kiss reunited with the original members for a tour and then broke up again and got other members back.

I think if the original members, except Steven, toured, it would be one of the biggest tours ever and tickets would sell out in seconds, but I don't think the original members would ever stay together as a band.

Not just because of internal problems, because I think they're all in a different place now and even though it would be awesome, I don't think it would be the same as back in the beginning.

I never say never, but, either way, I would be there for the original band and the band Axl has now.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The 7 (Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy) playing would be great. But I mean can New GN’R survive that? I doubt it.

I want to hear another album from GN’R… and appearing with the former members could be unhealthy for that.

What a stupid topic. Mods should delete this. Nothing but an attempt to cupcake/piss off people with a different opinion. Decisive crap like this is not needed. It is childish and pathetic.

What the hell is "nu" anyway? The band is called guns n roses. The proper word is new if you want to label the current lineup as "new" .....even tho some of them have been in the band over a decade.

And there is only maybe two people on here that have bashed the old band and that this topic would even be relevant. So it is idiotic to generalize that anybody who likes the current band must hate the old band.

Topics like this just fuel the stupid constant Axl vs slash fighting on here. So Congrats op, you are part of the problem. Moron.

Me? I'm like 90% of the people on here. I'm not obsessed with the old band new band bs. I love all music. And I would go see any of these guys in concert if they came through my town. Slashs solo band, sixx am, adler appetite, whomever. I'm a fan of live music. Shame the op is stuck on the feud thing.

Axl is not going to dump the current lineup and "reunite" GNR. That's not saying they'll never play together again -but it might be something private or an unfinished AFD/UYI era song that they co-wrote at the time.

No matter what people say about ChiDem, Axl stands by that album as a labor of love,he stands by the current lineup being GNR, and dumping that would be like saying everything he did for the past 15 years is irrelevant. The original lineup will always be near and dear to people, the shows they saw in the late 80s-early 90s will always be discussed, but there's still a lot of music out there for him to do, and putting 2 years aside to make millions off a reunion tour might not be worth the time and money to do it. He'd have to be borderlining on bankruptcy for him to do a reunion tour, and even then, I don't see him agreeing to it.

What a stupid topic. Mods should delete this. Nothing but an attempt to cupcake/piss off people with a different opinion. Decisive crap like this is not needed. It is childish and pathetic.

What the hell is "nu" anyway? The band is called guns n roses. The proper word is new if you want to label the current lineup as "new" .....even tho some of them have been in the band over a decade.

And there is only maybe two people on here that have bashed the old band and that this topic would even be relevant. So it is idiotic to generalize that anybody who likes the current band must hate the old band.

Topics like this just fuel the stupid constant Axl vs slash fighting on here. So Congrats op, you are part of the problem. Moron.

Me? I'm like 90% of the people on here. I'm not obsessed with the old band new band bs. I love all music. And I would go see any of these guys in concert if they came through my town. Slashs solo band, sixx am, adler appetite, whomever. I'm a fan of live music. Shame the op is stuck on the feud thing.

Dude- it's not stupid, it's a legit question(s). You all hate the originals so much, just curious as I'm assuming you'd bail ship and follow others (Bumble, DJ etc...)

I wanna see AFD-UYI lineup perform together for two reasons:

1. GNR is by far louder than the Ex-GNR.

2. Ex-GNR members are changed to sober, will they perform better than GNR today?

That said, I could appreciate more which lineup is better performing live.

(Ex-GNR were great composers, while the current lineup hasn't proved yet but to me they're my favorite because they're better performing.)

I'll be supporting GNR whichever lineup Axl works with, I have faith in him.

Edited by axlrod

Reunite what? GNR never ended...only certain players quit/got fired.

This.

Hmm, no.

GNR's greatness came from the chemistry between several musicians. When the chemistry between these musicians came to an end, GNR was over too.

Nope. That's in your little world, buddy.

You people are all caught up in a name. UYI GnR wasn't the same as AFD GnR. The dynamics of the band have changed through the years, but in the end, you either dig the music or you don't. If Slash had kept the name, but everything else was the same, think about how your perceptions would have changed.

In the end, it don't really matter.

You people will find a way to start master-debating about something.

What would you do if they toured...would you support GnR and go?

We will implode and retreat and hand over the forum on a platter to you. Happy? :tongue2:

they would go with it, they'll go wherever Axl goes with whoever he goes with.

Come on MB, you know that you love Axl as much as we do...;)

Edited by The Archer

I would lose all respect for Axl Rose if he would flush his talent and integrity down the toilet.

Obviously this is not going to happen and anyone with half a brain knows this....

I don't think he'd flush his talent and integrity down the toilet unless he announced a world tour with the AFD/UYI era members, which would be like saying ChiDem wasn't "Real GNR". He worked too hard to rebuild it to just chuck it for a nostalgia cash grab tour, at least right now. I think Axl would record new music with the AFD lineup, only if it was written around the AFD era, or had a song that he thinks Duff, Izzy, and Slash should flesh out.

This.

Hmm, no.

GNR's greatness came from the chemistry between several musicians. When the chemistry between these musicians came to an end, GNR was over too.

Nope. That's in your little world, buddy.

Not really. The little world is this forum... ;)

Edited by axlfan88

When Duff joined them at the O2 Tommy was more than happy to give his bass up, I can see him doing that again. I can't see Izzy wanting to perform at it, so maybe have Slash and perhaps Ashba and Bumble? I don't know, some variation on that. The other option is 3 songs, one with new band, one with old, one with a mixture. (CD, Jungle, Paradise?)