Rate the shows you have seen

JAxlMorrison

Just like P5 said, from best to least best.

1. 05-17-06. The last Hammerstein show. My first time to NYC and my first time seeing Guns. The people infront of the line with me were fn awesome! I got to stand on the front rail. Izzy! The crowd was fn insane from start to finish. Axl sounded amazing! I got to see my fav. drummer, Brain. Izzy winked at me. Robin came down during Nightrain. What can I say the concert was fn perfect, even though Kid Rock ruined Nightrain.

2. 11-04-11. Houston Tx. Seeing GNR in my own state, you cant beat that! I had a great seat and perfect view. I was able to sit and relax and not worry about people bumping into me and hitting me. The arena was fn packed, all the way to the top! The very first time I didnt have to wait a long time for them to come on. I had a seat so I came around 10. The setlist was 3hrs. Awesome seeing the full production. I got to hear Estranged! I got to hear Shacklers! The band played sooo tight, like a virgin on prom night. And Axl was having soo much fun, interacting with the crowd all night. His voice sounded great! And of course the icing to the cake was knowing I was going backstage that night. I got to meet Ron, DJ, Tommy, Richard, Frank, Beta, Del, ,Poc and even Jarmo. All great fn people! To hang with these guys and just chill, was a night that will live in my memory forever.

3. 11-05-11. Dallas Tx. There is nothing like cn GNR two nights in a row. Even though, I had just seen them 24hrs ago, I was fn pumped! Another great turn out. The place looked jam packed! A good 15-17,000 turnout, suck on that haters! I was in the pit on the right side rail. Another night the band was soo tight. My moment was when Ron remembered me from the night before and threw me his pic, awesome! I brought a friend and he had a blast! He was jumping around the whole show. Good to see that. Even though better wasnt on the setlist, the night was still epic!

4. 06-02-07. Monterrey Mexico. My first time there, great town! Reminded me of NYC. I didnt have to pay a dime for my tixs. I traveled with my 2 friends, which one of them got invited by her friend the promoter. I remember my friends and the promoter were all having lunch (didnt have to pay) and she (promoter) was kinda getting worried because Axl had not flown into town yet. It was around 3 p.m. She said the band had been there for about 2 days already. I remember Axl's plane didnt land till about almost 10. The seats we had were fn wicked. The front right side. I had a perfect view of the whole arena. The sold out crowd was getting restless after waiting 2 hrs, but when the lights went out... It was go time. The crowd was like no other I had seen. The whole floor was packed and jumping around. It was my first time seeing Frank. Even though Brain is da man, Frank didnt disappoint. My moment was when they were playing SOD and I was the only one standing and singing in my section, Ron gave me the thumbs up At the end my friend (a diehard original gnr fan) said Slash who? That he didnt think of him or any former member at all.

5. 09-17-06. Las Vegas. Like I said before, there is nothing like seeing GNR two nights in row. I was able to walk to the Hard Rock from my hotel. Always a plus! Seeing GNR in a small venue like this is amazing! The setlist was the same from the night before, but added "I used to love her". Sweeet! The band played better than the night before. Axl was in a better mood from the night before. The night before he was having mic problems. Also the fireworks were better the second night. It happened to be the last time I saw Brain. The venue had a couple of thousand people, but GNR played as if there was 50,000. Very good night!

6. 09-16-07. Las Vegas. Just read above.

7. 08-13-10. Sturgis. I took my wife to see GNR for her first time. Disaster! She was very cold, it was raining lightly. There was a fn drunk idiot who kept bumping into my wife and hitting her by mistake. I told him to watch it! It kept happening, so I told him move away or he is going on the floor. He moved. He was with other morons who kept on calling Slash's name. Crowd was kinda lame. The band sounded good, but didnt seem like they were having alot of fun. Ron that night wasnt himself at all. They didnt play my fav. song, Better. The drive I had that night in the black hills was horrible. I got to see GNR, which is always cool. This though was my least best show.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Band

1987 Cape Girardeau MO with Alice Cooper

GNR where not supost to be there the show was suppost to be Alice Cooper Ted Nuggent, Faster Pussycat I beleive and I was going with my girl friend who is my wife now. When I heard the other opening bands where not going to be there and Guns N Roses was opening I was llike yes!!!!! Axl sounded really good that night the band was sloppy but what a show!!! After Alice got on stage Axl and Izzy walked up to where we where standing and she grabs me because Axl said to them "hello girls" which he scared her because they had that fresh out of the gutter look so I talked with them for min. and they asked how I liked the show and pointed at the stage and I said I liked it a whole lot more when you guys where up there, The got a chuckle out of that. I got both there autographs on my ticket. But that ticket was lost in a house fire, which sucks be such is life.

2. 1998 Cape Girardeau MO with areosmith.

Axls vocals where pretty rough all rasp nothing else but the band was alot better and more into the show.

I 'guess if I could combine the Vocals from the first show with the band sounding good in the second show it would be near perfection!!!

3. 1992 Memphis TN It was an off night for both the band and axl. Longest show I have ever been to 3.5 hours almost without any encores or Paridise City to close the show. I think it was more the acustics of the building than anything else because they had sound problems all night. It was at the

Pyramid which has the same shape on the inside as it did on the out side. Axl's vocals where really raspy that night also but not as bad as the 88 show I went to.

Edited by bigcountry

EVERY GnR show I have ever seen has been brilliant, kick ass, and all ROCK N ROLL !!!!!!

been to

Chicago 92----they played Coma... to this day I still can't believe it.... (Smashing Pumpkins...who I love....are booed off the stage as the opener) I am the only one cheering for them...

Indianapolis---- 92 0r 93----forgot...Hoosier Dome show with fireworks, Metallica, and Faith No More......Metallica were hot and won over many GNR fans... who were not into them.

Iowa City 93-----amazing college show and the first time i saw them pull a few couches onstage for an killer unplugged set....words can't explain how good this show was in the tenth row that night....

Chicago 2002----loved it----Axl is GNR

Chicago 2006 ---same.....

Chicago 2011---Best vocals ever in Chicago IMHO.....best crowd response in Chicago I have ever heard.....

Sturgis and Denver for GN'R

Best shows I've ever been to by far.

Axl sounds unbelievable and the band is fucking amazing. All they need is some new hit songs on the radio and they would be top dawgs again.

All the youtube videos you listen to don't even compare.

GNR doesn't need hit songs, but they need to be out there when it's released. GNR should've just released pro shot live footage when ChiDem came out if they didn't have anything ready.

But I think now with people's expectations being lowered a bit - that he didn't reinvent the wheel with ChiDem, the next one has no pressure on it except getting it out in a relatively short time.

I can't see why GNR can't have new music out by this time next year if there's a lot of complete ideas already recorded, and just need to be ready for release. There's prob. a lot of ideas going on in their heads about what they can bring to the table.

All concerts were fuckin great, unbelievable... its more than a concert, see different countrys/cities, meet funny/crazy people...

1st 24.08.02 Pukkelpop/Genk - Axl, Robin, Buckethead (crazy guys)

2nd 26.08.02 London Arena/London - crowd on fire

3rd 02.07.06 Goffertpark/Nijmegen - with a cool Axl

4th 29.07.06 Wembley Arena/London - Bumle gave us cookies before the show, SAILING!!!

5th 10.11.06 Madison Square Garden/New York - seating = boring

6th 14.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - Axl with a fucking cool coat

7th 15.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - great crowd

8th 24.01.10 Copps Coliseum/Hamilton - THERE WAS A TIME!!!!

9th 25.01.10 John Labert Center/London, ON - cool crowd

10th 28.01.10 Air Canada Center/Toronto - CATCHER IN THE RYE!!!

11th 31.08.10 Odyssey Arena/Belfast - pleasent crowd

12th 01.09.10 O2 Arena/Dublin - see below

13th 03.10.10 Gelredome/Arnheim - big stadium,

14th 13.10.10 O2 Arena/London - full arena, great voice

15th 14.10.10 O2 Arena/London - see below

16th 02.10.11 Rock in Rio/Rio de Janeiro - ESTRANGED!!!

The Best were...

1. 15th 14.10.10 O2 Arena/London - Axl voice was great, Duff on stage, so much power, great venue, and i catched Axls mic!!!

2. 12th 01.09.10 O2 Arena/Dublin - little riot, so many stupid people in the crowd, it was great to see Axl gave a fuck to all these fuckheads!!!

3. 6th 14.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - Axl sung Don't Cry for the first time in 14 years (after PC) - what a bomb!!!

Hi everyone, this is my first post so I figured I'd start with my Guns history...

1. 1988 - Wheeling, WVa opening for Aerosmith. I just wish I remembered more of it. I was 14 years old and had no idea what I was in for. I rank it as my favorite because that is when Guns became my obsession.

2. 1992 - Three Rivers Stadium with Faith No More and Metallica. I was 4th row, that was awesome!

3. 2011 - Youngstown, Oh - The new lineup rocked just as well as any version.

4. 2004 (I think) - Cleveland, Oh - I hate to randk this show because it was not very good. I only rank it because it was one of the 4 times I've seen them. It was a very forgettable show. Axl was good, but I was not impressed with the rest of the lineup.

I truly hate to rank the top 3. All were awesome shows. Nothing beats Guns live!

Edited by TakeMeDownSpinMeRound

1. i was 12 years old and stood outside my house during the Illusions tour and could faintly hear the concert at foxboro stadium. This was by far the best gnr performance i've ever heard and had most of the original band!!!

2. 2nd best i've heard was this year in New jersey

3. 3rd best was in 2001 in boston with that bucket guy

Edited by axlslashduffizzysteven

All concerts were fuckin great, unbelievable... its more than a concert, see different countrys/cities, meet funny/crazy people...

1st 24.08.02 Pukkelpop/Genk - Axl, Robin, Buckethead (crazy guys)

2nd 26.08.02 London Arena/London - crowd on fire

3rd 02.07.06 Goffertpark/Nijmegen - with a cool Axl

4th 29.07.06 Wembley Arena/London - Bumle gave us cookies before the show, SAILING!!!

5th 10.11.06 Madison Square Garden/New York - seating = boring

6th 14.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - Axl with a fucking cool coat

7th 15.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - great crowd

8th 24.01.10 Copps Coliseum/Hamilton - THERE WAS A TIME!!!!

9th 25.01.10 John Labert Center/London, ON - cool crowd

10th 28.01.10 Air Canada Center/Toronto - CATCHER IN THE RYE!!!

11th 31.08.10 Odyssey Arena/Belfast - pleasent crowd

12th 01.09.10 O2 Arena/Dublin - see below

13th 03.10.10 Gelredome/Arnheim - big stadium,

14th 13.10.10 O2 Arena/London - full arena, great voice

15th 14.10.10 O2 Arena/London - see below

16th 02.10.11 Rock in Rio/Rio de Janeiro - ESTRANGED!!!

The Best were...

1. 15th 14.10.10 O2 Arena/London - Axl voice was great, Duff on stage, so much power, great venue, and i catched Axls mic!!!

2. 12th 01.09.10 O2 Arena/Dublin - little riot, so many stupid people in the crowd, it was great to see Axl gave a fuck to all these fuckheads!!!

3. 6th 14.07.07 Makahuri Messe/Tokyo - Axl sung Don't Cry for the first time in 14 years (after PC) - what a bomb!!!

How the fuck do you afford all those travel costs???!!!

1.Norman, OK 11-9-11 A+ By far the best of the three I went to, Axl was absolutely insane. Front Row Center.

2.KC, MO 11-12-11 A+ Pretty sweet show hung out with some rad people, some drunk butthole was being an ass. Front Row Center, Helped with the live stream and got the batteries from Fernando.

3.Dallas, TX 11-5-11 B+ Sounded alright but from my vantage point I could hardly see anything. Stage left, far left.