Tommy is sick. 16 December 2011

bumblecool

So ... if Tommy is sick and can't play, how on earth is the band supposed to find a bassist for the shows in Seattle and Vancouver on such short notice? A bassist that already knows (most of) the songs? ;) ;) ;)

That's not realistic at all. Duff barely could remember YCBM's bass lines and kept looking at Bumble's guitar to remember what to play.

So ... if Tommy is sick and can't play, how on earth is the band supposed to find a bassist for the shows in Seattle and Vancouver on such short notice? A bassist that already knows (most of) the songs? ;) ;) ;)

That's not realistic at all. Duff barely could remember YCBM's bass lines and kept looking at Bumble's guitar to remember what to play.

believe me, it wouldn't take duff long to remember what to play in those songs. the bass lines in gnr aren't exactly complexe and a player with duff's talent could easily figure out the CD songs and all the rest of them in no time.

• 3 weeks later...

DUFF :thumbsup:

I know that you know that the tour is over and Tommy played fine and that you're just replying to a necro-bump. So what was the point?

Guest loverefrained

DUFF :thumbsup:

I know that you know that the tour is over and Tommy played fine and that you're just replying to a necro-bump. So what was the point?

I can answer the question but I won't because certain members and mods will get their panties in an uproar.

A.J.- uuummm.... the tour is over buddy. I posted a comment here (not trying to cupcake the board) to tell Tommy that I hope he is feeling better and relaxing now that the tour is over and just showing appreciation for him:)

believe me, it wouldn't take duff long to remember what to play in those songs. the bass lines in gnr aren't exactly complexe and a player with duff's talent could easily figure out the CD songs and all the rest of them in no time.

Excuse Me? How can you "guesstimate" how long it would take Duff to learn the songs? Can we just hope Tommy gets well before looking for a "replacement"? :rofl-lol:

Excuse Me? How can you "guesstimate" how long it would take Duff to learn the songs? Can we just hope Tommy gets well before looking for a "replacement"? :rofl-lol:

Pssst, Tommy's not sick. This is just an old thread.

He was a bit under the weather towards the end of 2011,I assumed someone picked up on this and wanted to "Jump the Gun"

He was a bit under the weather towards the end of 2011,I assumed someone picked up on this and wanted to "Jump the Gun"

Nah, he's fine. Loverefrained just bumped it because he wants to buy somebody some shoes.

Guest loverefrained

Nah, he's fine. Loverefrained just bumped it because he wants to buy somebody some shoes.

No, because she likes his song "someday" :rolleyes:

Edit: ok enough posting now...

Edited by loverefrained

Sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to call you a "he".

Guest loverefrained

Sorry ma'am. I didn't mean to call you a "he".

No problem :tongue2: