Frank Ferrer

axlsalinger

Just a little appreciation thread for Mr. Frank Ferrer. The man tore some shit up tonight on the drums.

I think Josh Freese and Brain are both incredible drummers, probably the most talented GNR's ever had. But rock bands are more about chemistry than anything else, and Frank just gets better and better, and fits this band like a glove. Noticed lots of love for him in the concert thread, he was great tonight. Focus in on him bringing it during Paradise City, but really throughout the show.

I'm starting to feel a little verklempt. The topic: Frank. Discuss amongst yourselves.

frankferrer.jpg

Edited by axlsalinger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still gutted the way Brain left, only thing I would change about this band in current form would be his return.

Frank does an ok job, though he is far from a favourite of mine in the band right now, whereas Brain was

As a whole they sound great!

Frank is ok, like him better than Brain. He reminds me of Sorum, does his job well, with no surprises. He can never seem to get the intro on Brownstone right though:P

To me, Sorum brought power, passion and a hard intense driving sound. Yeah Frank's Brownstone intro is bloody terrible.

Frank is ok, like him better than Brain. He reminds me of Sorum, does his job well, with no surprises. He can never seem to get the intro on Brownstone right though:P

To me, Sorum brought power, passion and a hard intense driving sound. Yeah Frank's Brownstone intro is bloody terrible.

To me, Sorum brought sub-standard rock beats and moronic drummer faces. To each their own I guess.

Frank is great, he really impressed me tonight. Sorum was alright, I personally think Adler would have done better with the Illusions material overall though. But I do love Sorum on certain songs like Estranged and November Rain where the more reverby drum sound works well with the songs.

To me, Sorum brought sub-standard rock beats and moronic drummer faces. To each their own I guess.

Are you a fan of Frank's trout pout? I would have searched for a pic as an example but I didn't have to go far. Look in the OP's post. Hilarious. Kim Kardashian on drums -------> :xmasschef2:

Are you a fan of Frank's trout pout? I would have searched for a pic as an example but I didn't have to go far. Look in the OP's post. Hilarious. Kim Kardashian on drums -------> :xmasschef2:

Not a big fan of Frank either. Sorum is the only drummer they have had that is worse. I can't believe they picked such a loser to replace Adler though.

Frank is badass

Matt Baron Von Storm is

sorumbaron.jpg

:drevil:

Here's a better one.

97312.gif

I'm sure you could even find worse loll. I dont really think that's even bad. Certainly a lot better than just being plonked there for 2 hours like a slob trout pouting and drumming like a 90 year old :rofl-lol:

Frank is badass

Matt Baron Von Storm is

sorumbaron.jpg

loll as ridiculous as Matt's character is, it doesn't touch how ridiculous Frank is...or should I say Thunderchucker :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: That guy is just cringeworthy as a whole.

Nah, as bad as Frank is, Scrotum makes him look like a godsend.

Is there anything that Sorum did that you like?

Frank is badass

Matt Baron Von Storm is

sorumbaron.jpg

Here's a better one.

97312.gif

I'm sure you could even find worse loll. I dont really think that's even bad. Certainly a lot better than just being plonked there for 2 hours like a slob trout pouting and drumming like a 90 year old :rofl-lol:

Nah, look at how he is trying to shit himself there. I wonder how many depends he went through forcing out his weak drum beats. You're right though, it would probably be very easy to find worse, because he couldn't keep one expression on his moronic face.

Edit: To answer your question, he got fired. I liked that quite a bit.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Frank is badass

Matt Baron Von Storm is

sorumbaron.jpg

Here's a better one.

97312.gif

Nah, look at how he is trying to shit himself there. I wonder how many depends he went through forcing out his weak drum beats. You're right though, it would probably be very easy to find worse, because he couldn't keep one expression on his moronic face.

Edit: To answer your question, he got fired. I liked that quite a bit.

lolll that's fair enough. Who hasn't Axl fired. It's too common to even be taken serious. Thanks for putting the pic of Matt in here though. It's really good to see a pic of a GNR drummer in this thread.

rock bands are more about chemistry than anything else, and Frank just gets better and better, and fits this band like a glove.

Fucking agreed. First time i saw Frank beating the drums for G N' R was also his first live performance with the band. (06.24.06 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium)

1.gif

lolll that's fair enough. Who hasn't Axl fired. It's too common to even be taken serious. Thanks for putting the pic of Matt in here though. It's really good to see a pic of a GNR drummer in this thread.

Matt, Steven and Gilby are in an exclusive club when it comes to being fired. You must not know too much about the history of this band huh? That's OK, you'll learn.

Still sore about Guns N' Roses moving on without those that left? That's pretty sad, but I won't judge.

Edited by Damn_Smooth