Frank Ferrer

axlsalinger

lolll that's fair enough. Who hasn't Axl fired. It's too common to even be taken serious. Thanks for putting the pic of Matt in here though. It's really good to see a pic of a GNR drummer in this thread.

Matt, Steven and Gilby are in an exclusive club when it comes to being fired. You must not know too much about the history of this band huh? That's OK, you'll learn.

Still sore about Guns N' Roses moving on without those that left? That's pretty sad, but I won't judge.

I'm not sore about it. I actually think it's better that the old guys get away from Axl. Its clear he has serious issues and cannot work with anyone. That's obvious by now. Even Tommy admits in interviews he gets on with Axl only "pretty well". In other words, whatever I get paid.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sore about it. I actually think it's better that the old guys get away from Axl. Its clear he has serious issues and cannot work with anyone. That's obvious by now. Even Tommy admits in interviews he gets on with Axl only "pretty well". In other words, whatever I get paid.

Are you kidding?

"im in love with axl, i can't live without him?" are you expecting this?

lolll that's fair enough. Who hasn't Axl fired. It's too common to even be taken serious. Thanks for putting the pic of Matt in here though. It's really good to see a pic of a GNR drummer in this thread.

Matt, Steven and Gilby are in an exclusive club when it comes to being fired. You must not know too much about the history of this band huh? That's OK, you'll learn.

Still sore about Guns N' Roses moving on without those that left? That's pretty sad, but I won't judge.

It's funny that you mention Tommy since he's been in the band longer than any of your relics. It's great good decent horrible to see Slash and Milfred? slaughter every attempt they make at a Guns N' Roses song though. And let's not even start on Velvet Revolver.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Are you kidding?

"im in love with axl, i can't live without him?" are you expecting this?

I would never expect another band member to carry on like DJ, so no. lol

It's funny that you mention Tommy since he's been in the band longer than any of your relics. It's great good decent horrible to see Slash and Milfred? slaughter every attempt they make at a Guns N' Roses song though. And let's not even start on Velvet Revolver.

Yep he's so great, hes in the hall of fame.. oh wait. LOLLLLLL

Don't get me started on Myles, he's a hack.

Edited by *YOOSH*

Well, at least we can agree on something.

Well, at least we can agree on something.

:thumbsup:

Frank is the very best drummer GNR has ever had for many reasons! Fuck I love this band!!!

For this incarnation yes but not for the classic line up. Take a look at Rocket Queen live at The Ritz for example. Steven plays that song (and so many others) with a lot of passion and fun.

Frank is the very best drummer GNR has ever had for many reasons! Fuck I love this band!!!

For this incarnation yes but not for the classic line up. Take a look at Rocket Queen live at The Ritz for example. Steven plays that song (and so many others) with a lot of passion and fun.

Frank is the only drummer that can improve Steven's groove. Nobody else comes close....not Matt not Brain not anyone.

You are correct about Matt and Brain but for me it's hard to compare Steven and Frank. They both have their own style but to me Frank comes closest to the classic G N' R drum sound.

I don't agree , Brain had Josh's parts transcribed and had to mimic his playing on the album, also other than a few fills on Chinese he hasn't written anything, I will reserve further judgement till he has.

Also do you think Frank could have played Josh's parts?

Brain and Josh are session musicians, Frank is not.

I don't agree , Brain had Josh's parts transcribed and had to mimic his playing on the album, also other than a few fills on Chinese he hasn't written anything, I will reserve further judgement till he has.

Brain and Josh could out drum Frank whilst hog tied.

Not a lot of guys can say they've backed Guns N Roses, Menudo, Psychedelic Furs, and Violent Femmes.

We have no idea what Adler's potential was in GNR for UYI when they made him scale down his drum kit early in the band, but we know why he was forced out of GNR, and it really is an ugly chapter in the band history as to why.

My pick as Adler's replacement would've been Stephen Perkins, it would've made perfect sense at the time, but I just think the vibe in Janes was just as bad as the one in GNR. Perkins wound up with Perry through the 90s anyway.

Brain and Josh could out drum Frank whilst hog tied.

So what? It's all about style and commitment and Frank beats both of them on that.

Frank is the only drummer that can improve Steven's groove. Nobody else comes close....not Matt not Brain not anyone.

Haha, you're a laugh as usual :rofl-lol:

Frank Ferrer is the greatest drummer GNR has ever had.

Wrong, Josh Freese and Brain are always sought after for their talents across the industry, if Frank was sacked do you imagine Trent calling him up for NIN, Or whoever?

He does an ok job, best ever? No, not close imo

Edited by silkchild

Wrong, Josh Freese and Brain are always sought after for their talents across the industry, if Frank was sacked do You imagine Trent calling him up for NIN, Or whoever?

Oh, so a drummer is only good if Trent Reznor wants to use him for Nine Inch Nails?

Wrong, Josh Freese and Brain are always sought after for their talents across the industry, if Frank was sacked do You imagine Trent calling him up for NIN, Or whoever?

Oh, so a drummer is only good if Trent Reznor wants to use him for Nine Inch Nails?

I was using that as a benchmark, an example hence the " Or whoever?"

If you are good enough to be a session player you have it made, Frank though good is not on that level. Sorry!

I was using that as a benchmark, an example hence the " Or whoever?"

If you are good enough to be a session player you have it made, Frank though good is not on that level. Sorry!

But Frank has been a session player...