Does anybody else think that 2012 will be the year of New GNR?

ITW 2012

Does anybody else think that 2012 will be the year of New GNR? There's something about the end of the world that I think will bring out the best in Axl.

"If the world would end today And all the dreams we had Would all just drift away..."

My dream is to have a copy of Chinese Democracy 2 & 3, so I guess if the world ends that dream will drift away. aka= we're fucked! :shocked: :shocked:

Edited by Danker

I see 2011 as the year that Axl had tied up a few loose ends, like getting over his touring obligations, Having Beta as the manager and other things that we aren't even aware of to make way for a busy 2012. Can't wait :xmasssanta:

I see 2011 as the year that Axl had tied up a few loose ends, like getting over his touring obligations, Having Beta as the manager and other things that we aren't even aware of to make way for a busy 2012. Can't wait :xmasssanta:

i really hope you're right, but you can only try and predict the future based on the trends and events of the past.

remember "ROUND ONE!" ??? :scared: :scared:

Edited by Danker

I hope 2012 is a busy year for the band and there's not a long period of silence like after the 01/02 shows and the 06/07 shows. I think right now the band has never been tighter and I hope they capitalise on that be it for an album release or yet more shows.

everyone is being OVERLY optimistic about an album release. I think we'd be lucky to get one more GNR tour in the next 3 years, let alone a new album release. I bet we'll MAYBE see another album in 5-6 years...and thats a big MAYBE!! That's my honest estimation.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and we get a new album next year.

I hope VR doesn't come back and become successful. It seems that when VR were making big waves on the charts and on VH1 and MTV, it put Axl back in hiding. As long as we don't have VR directly competing with GNR things might progress.

Think about it. GNR started having foreign tour dates again 1-2 years after Contraband was a smash hit and was over. Libertad was a big failure and then VR disbanded...and then the next year Chinese Democracy is released. A Coincidence???? maybe...maybe not.

Edited by Danker

Obviously this band is kicking on all cylinders. Axl is actually even doing press. Concerts are getting great reviews.

GnR have a bunch of songs in the can already. This current group seems eager to write and record.

This is a great time to be a fan, and I'd guess we are in for a new album in 2012. I'm guessing the CD remix, with a couple new songs. Then a full fledged new album towards the end of 2012.

I hope GN'R ease up on touring and hit the studio hard. Just to know they're in the studio together, creating music would be great and really give me something to look for to in 2012.

No.

The last 17 years has shown that no year has been 'the year' for New GnR. I don't see 2012 as being any different. Even though we got the album in 2008(the pinnacle of achievements for new GnR), it was not handled right and landed with a thud instead of an explosion. Hope I am proven wrong(I would be over the moon if I am), but time has shown otherwise.

the hall of fame thing will bring a lot of popularity back to GNR (the original line up) and a lot more criticism to the current line up. Once the tour is over next year its all up to axl if he wants to continue with the current line up and finish unreleased music or he might just take a long break again.

Edited by saint_seiya

Does anybody else think that 2012 will be the year of New GNR? There's something about the end of the world that I think will bring out the best in Axl.

GNR's really had the ball rolling since the 2009 kickoff in Asia. 2012 will give us the answer to the question: will new GNR finally cash in? Now is the time for Axl to throw his chips all in, say fuck it, and keep the momentum going from this tour, breeze over the HOF with no incidents, and show the world this lineup has more talented musicians and chemistry than any other band going at it right now. With Beta as manager, who the fuck is stopping him now. It should be a great years for the fans. And I'm even talking about a new album, yet, but getting new GNR out there first, then a new album.

It sounds easy but it really isn't. I appreciate the fuck out of Axl for putting up with the constant shitstorm that always will be there, when it comes to keeping GNR alive.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

the hall of fame thing will bring a lot of popularity back to GNR (the original line up) and a lot more criticism to the current line up. Once the tour is over next year its all up to axl if he wants to continue with the current line up and finish unreleased music or he might just take a long break again.

I disagree. The media isn't negative at all to the new lineup in particular. Hell, they'll throw a shot at Axl once in a while but as long as Axl just releases a statement thanking the HOF or some shit, the current lineup will be fine, so will Axl and they'll move on like nothing happened.

With Beta as manager, who the fuck is stopping him now.

The record label and various other parties who would benefit and profit greatly from a reunion... Unfortunately that seems to be the case. While Beta will have Axl's best interests, she won't have the leverage or bargaining power against the label as they aren't in any rush to release the follow up record without a reunion...

2012 definately has the potential of being great. This year has been fantastic (not counting Rio). The band is tighter than any lineup from 2001-now IMO and Axl has been seemingly in a good mood for the most part. I am confident that the new lineup can write a great new record. Regarding the HOF, I really do hope that it goes well. I am not expecting a reunion of the old lineup (although it would be fucking amazing to see that happen) but I at least hope Axl and the rest of the people there will accept the award with grace

I agree that if VR manages to find a singer this winter (they may have found one already) they will probebly try to release an album by next summer in which case it would be unwise for GnR to release a new album as well because they are likely to be killed in the competition. This is a sad fact but you have to admit that the almost blind prejudice against Axl and "nuGnR" means that people refuse to give them a chance anyway, add to the fact that 'fans' and "critics" will most likely compare the two albums (no doubt trashing GnR in the process), GnR would have no chance.

Due to the whole HoF thing, it would form the perfect platform for both bands to announce a new release but on the flip side this could potentially turn out to be disastrous for possibly both bands.

I do think it will be GNR's year, for three reasons.

1) They are going to ride the momentum of a US tour that was well received by fans and most concert reviewers.

2) The HOF induction will generate renewed interest in the band.

3) When Axl hits 50 in a few weeks he will realize, as most people do, that his window of opportunity is about to close so he better capitalize now while he can.