Does anybody else think that 2012 will be the year of New GNR?

ITW 2012

Hope so. Should have been 2001 though!!!!

Has Axl not already said he wants to tour through all of/most of 2012? So it will sadly, probably just roll past and not much else really significant happen. If the band is out there kicking ass all year though playing to more people and getting better at least thats positive.

2) The HOF induction will generate renewed interest in the band.

The problem is it won't generate interest in the current band and probably just create publicity and rumors that will ultimately make Axl look the bad guy.

I agree that if VR manages to find a singer this winter (they may have found one already) they will probebly try to release an album by next summer in which case it would be unwise for GnR to release a new album as well because they are likely to be killed in the competition.

Oh really? Wanna bet? :devil:

I agree that if VR manages to find a singer this winter (they may have found one already) they will probebly try to release an album by next summer in which case it would be unwise for GnR to release a new album as well because they are likely to be killed in the competition.

Bet that VR will be quick to release an album once they have a singer? Or that simultaneous release by VR and GnR will end badly for Guns?

I stand by both these statements. VR is likely to release music fast because Slash is not that pedantic about putting the songs out there, he seems the type that wants to continually release music whether it be part of a band or a solo effort. Same goes for the rest of the guys on VR. Of course much depends on the personality of the new frontman but we can all agree that they are most likely to chose someone easy going and agreeable to a void the drama brought upon by their earlier conquests.

And GnR would suffer if they put out an album alongside VR! I don't like it, I think they both should be judged on their individual merits and not compared but that is the fact. The fact is that the general public's eyes (people who are nothing but casual GnR fans, perhaps not even that) Slash is the 'guitar hero', 'god', and whatever else the media feed the people nowadays. The media loves him, as does the music industry and critiques. I'm not blaming Slash or anything, I'm not even saying that its a bad thing! He deserves all the success he gets because he is damn good at what he does. But when the public perception of Slash is juxtaposed with that of Axl's, THAT is were GnR as a band looses out in todays world.

This is very sad but true. Its heartbreaking for me as a fan because I love them both, but this situation is not likely to change anytime soon. Perhaps some major reconciliation/'clearing the air' (NOT REUNOIN!) during a large event such as HoF would help this matter but I wouldn't count on it...

Edited by KiraMPD

I think there's a perfect storm brewing for Guns N' Roses in 2012. Hall of Fame is just the start. More tours, new music, new website, new management, new rebirth for the world last Rock N' Roll band. It's all coming together perfectly for them right now. It's like all the years of bullshit were necessary to get Axl to this moment.

I think there's a perfect storm brewing for Guns N' Roses in 2012. Hall of Fame is just the start. More tours, new music, new website, new management, new rebirth for the world last Rock N' Roll band. It's all coming together perfectly for them right now. It's like all the years of bullshit were necessary to get Axl to this moment.

great post agree 100 percent

the hall of fame thing will bring a lot of popularity back to GNR (the original line up) and a lot more criticism to the current line up. Once the tour is over next year its all up to axl if he wants to continue with the current line up and finish unreleased music or he might just take a long break again.

I think the RRHOF will open the door to possibilities but will be another decade before they start talking about anything resembling a reunion.

My only hope would be is Axl recording new music with a mix of past and present members that will result in a classic. They're bound to write new songs on top of what already exists in the GNR vault. I can't see why we can't be discussing new music by this time next year. I think the band enthusiasm is what's going to drive it, but there won't be as many delays. I do think by this summer, we should have one or two new songs out though, pretty much do what Rush did - 2 single downloads for the upcoming album "Clockwork Angels". Gave them new songs to play live. I think Lady Gaga put 4 songs out for download before "Born This Way" came out.

This is how any band should be releasing new music. Even if it's not going to be on the next album (like a live "Sailing" should be out), it would be good to have some new songs out. "Civil War", "You Could Be Mine" and KOHD kept people somewhat content before UYI came out, so they've done it that way before.

He also ended his contract with the record company once he put ChiDem out. GNR had a 6 record deal.

Staying with Geffen would make things easy as far as back catalog goes, but they're not going to give him his asking price (but to me, the master tapes would be far more valuable to Axl), even though GNR made that company a fuckload of money, and whatever they gave him for ChiDem, they were still making money off of AFD. If they told him he could have the master tapes for 20 million bucks, he could easily make that money playing a bunch of arenas and private shows, whore the back catalog out for commercials, even reunite the AFD/UYI lineup, if it meant complete ownership.

All I know is I'll be damn disappointed if that awesome machine of a band I saw a few months back in Orlando is actually cowering in the corner somewhere sucking it's thumb b/c VR- or any other fucking band for that matter- might release an album...

Fuck that shit. NO ONE is kicking as much ass in rock as GN'R's been kicking since late 2009. FACT. It's time for Axl to fucking own that and move forward with CONFIDENCE. Screw the haters- and I actually enjoy VR-. They'd be a great OPENING band for GN'R...

Anyway- every reason in the world for 2012 to be a huge year for GN'R (after a little rest as Tommy and Bumble are running on fumes at the moment it seems...)... Hopefully it doesn't get derailed by what other bands may or may not be doing- b/c that would be tragically absurd IMHO...

All I know is I'll be damn disappointed if that awesome machine of a band I saw a few months back in Orlando is actually cowering in the corner somewhere sucking it's thumb b/c VR- or any other fucking band for that matter- might release an album...

Fuck that shit. NO ONE is kicking as much ass in rock as GN'R's been kicking since late 2009. FACT. It's time for Axl to fucking own that and move forward with CONFIDENCE. Screw the haters- and I actually enjoy VR-. They'd be a great OPENING band for GN'R...

Anyway- every reason in the world for 2012 to be a huge year for GN'R (after a little rest as Tommy and Bumble are running on fumes at the moment it seems...)... Hopefully it doesn't get derailed by what other bands may or may not be doing- b/c that would be tragically absurd IMHO...

You know what, reading you post it occurred to me... the pre-existing prejudice against "nuGnR" and Axl won't really matter if the current band has that "one song".

Just one ace-in-the-hole ya know? Like another Sweet Child, something that can satisfy the existing fan base as well as appealing to the masses. An undeniably good song that people can instantly relate to. That is afterall ALL that any band needs to be majorly successful.

I'm crossing my fingers. Here is hoping they have something good up their sleeves.

You know what, reading you post it occurred to me... the pre-existing prejudice against "nuGnR" and Axl won't really matter if the current band has that "one song".

Just one ace-in-the-hole ya know? Like another Sweet Child, something that can satisfy the existing fan base as well as appealing to the masses. An undeniably good song that people can instantly relate to. That is afterall ALL that any band needs to be majorly successful.

I'm crossing my fingers. Here is hoping they have something good up their sleeves.

Haha... We must think alike my friend. Provided they remain ACTIVE- some point in time in the next few years "new" Guns is going to have one of those little magical "right song- right time" moments- and it'll be huge IMHO.

Just too much talent in the band, too much good material laying around (some of which will benefit from DJ's commercial know-how IMHO), AND at the end of the day folks just simply can't be perpetually angry at Axl. I think haters/critics got a lot of their venom and ill will out on CD.

I'd be SHOCKED if they can rally the public again for another tidal wave of hate for the next Guns release. More likely they'll let their guard down thinking "new" GN'R is irrelevant and that will be the slight crack in the door this band needs to break through...

BUT to give themsves a chance for that to happen... "new" Guns has gotta stay out there and give themselves a look at the basket by recording, releasing and touring. To hell with haters and critics. Just look at American politics- there's a whole backlash against the media and people thinking they can tell other people what to think and what's cool, etc. Guns can really capitalize on that if they keep putting themselves out there... cuz the quality is there and folks are finally in the frame of mind to make their own decisions again IMHO...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Bet that VR will be quick to release an album once they have a singer? Or that simultaneous release by VR and GnR will end badly for Guns?

I stand by both these statements. VR is likely to release music fast because Slash is not that pedantic about putting the songs out there, he seems the type that wants to continually release music whether it be part of a band or a solo effort. Same goes for the rest of the guys on VR. Of course much depends on the personality of the new frontman but we can all agree that they are most likely to chose someone easy going and agreeable to a void the drama brought upon by their earlier conquests.

And GnR would suffer if they put out an album alongside VR! I don't like it, I think they both should be judged on their individual merits and not compared but that is the fact. The fact is that the general public's eyes (people who are nothing but casual GnR fans, perhaps not even that) Slash is the 'guitar hero', 'god', and whatever else the media feed the people nowadays. The media loves him, as does the music industry and critiques. I'm not blaming Slash or anything, I'm not even saying that its a bad thing! He deserves all the success he gets because he is damn good at what he does. But when the public perception of Slash is juxtaposed with that of Axl's, THAT is were GnR as a band looses out in todays world.

This is very sad but true. Its heartbreaking for me as a fan because I love them both, but this situation is not likely to change anytime soon. Perhaps some major reconciliation/'clearing the air' (NOT REUNOIN!) during a large event such as HoF would help this matter but I wouldn't count on it...

I agree that VR will be quick to release an album but can't see why a simultaneous release would be bad for GNR... do not underestimate GNR's next album, I'm pretty sure it'll be kickass!

I think if both bands release it will be great for slash fans, and mega-awesome for GNR fans. :)

He also ended his contract with the record company once he put ChiDem out. GNR had a 6 record deal.

Staying with Geffen would make things easy as far as back catalog goes, but they're not going to give him his asking price (but to me, the master tapes would be far more valuable to Axl), even though GNR made that company a fuckload of money, and whatever they gave him for ChiDem, they were still making money off of AFD. If they told him he could have the master tapes for 20 million bucks, he could easily make that money playing a bunch of arenas and private shows, whore the back catalog out for commercials, even reunite the AFD/UYI lineup, if it meant complete ownership.

His contract with Universal/Intercope/Geffen is not over. He even said in the chats "I own the name, Universal has Guns under contract". If there was no contract the next record would be out by now. He did renegotiate the contract at one time, probably extended it for more of an advance.

Edited by Young_Gun

VR will not have an album out in 2012. Slash and Myles will be releasing and touring their album together. The earliest we will see a new VR album is 2013 but that is if the band even exists outside the imagination of Matt Sorum.

Be nice if we get a new GN'R album before a new VR album

When I read this post all I could think of was "All cautions made..!" etc :shades: