Old School Oprah: Lumps One In a Million lyrics in with Ice T and NWA

ITW 2012

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the people who think black person is a bad word or offends a whole group of people are the real racists

idiotic train of thought. "black person" IS a bad word and IT IS offensive. I wouldn't want my kids using it ever.

Great song. Those offended are obviously close-minded and don't understand the context.

I disagree. I think those are offended are the enlightened ones and those who think it was fine are the close-minded ones, and I do understand the context, still doesn't make the song ok.

Great song. Those offended are obviously close-minded and don't understand the context.

I disagree. I think those are offended are the enlightened ones and those who think it was fine are the close-minded ones, and I do understand the context, still doesn't make the song ok.

Lol. Enlightened ones? Are you kidding me?!?

Just because Axl use those words, and you took them out of context from the actual meaning of the song doesn't make you "enlightened".

Edited by packersnroses

crap song. worst song in gnr's catalog. axl deserved whatever flack he got from it.

lol..

I guess you consider yourself part of the 99%, rich people are evil, government owes us everything type of crowd..

no. i consider myself part of the majority that doesn't enjoy hate speech.

crap song. worst song in gnr's catalog. axl deserved whatever flack he got from it.

lol..

I guess you consider yourself part of the 99%, rich people are evil, government owes us everything type of crowd..

It's people that think LIKE you that are a key contributor to hate, racism, un-equality.

Kind of like anti-smoking groups that actually hope little kids die of cancer just so they can use it to bring down tobacco companies. (Watch the first 5 minutes of Thank You For Smoking. Genius.)

Edited by packersnroses

lol..

It's people that think LIKE you that are a key contributor to hate, racism, un-equality.

Kind of like anti-smoking groups that actually hope little kids die of cancer just so they can use it to bring down tobacco companies. (Watch the first 5 minutes of Thank You For Smoking. Genius.)

that post a joke man?

i mean how do you figure that crap you wrote, man? I mean, I'm the one saying that using racial slurs and downing ethnicities is not cool, and you are one saying its ok.

seems like to me like its the exact opposite of what you wrote.

lol..

that post a joke man?

i mean how do you figure that crap you wrote, man? I mean, I'm the one saying that using racial slurs and downing ethnicities is not cool, and you are one saying its ok.

Go whine to Axl. He wrote the song. We just enjoy his music.

If gnr were black people, sunny dre would be the grand wizard of the kkk.

slash is black and I think he deservers as much flack (if not more) for the song. also think duff and izzy, should be questioned (makes you wonder how the feel about people who are different than them).

lol..

that post a joke man?

Go whine to Axl. He wrote the song. We just enjoy his music.

I also enjoy his music, but not that song.

the people who think black person is a bad word or offends a whole group of people are the real racists

idiotic train of thought. "black person" IS a bad word and IT IS offensive. I wouldn't want my kids using it ever.

i didnt write "black people". apparently some racist who runs this board thinks a derogatory term represents the whole black race and changed the word i wrote.

i didnt write "black people". apparently some racist who runs this board thinks a derogatory term represents the whole black race and changed the word i wrote.

Oh MYGNR changed your wording? But yet Axl came on here and called some members

of this forum every foul name you can ever call a person and that was ok. ......Interesting.

Edited by 31illusion

that post a joke man.

I NEVER said it was ok. Don't put words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is people like you who become over-offend by the N-word, no matter what context it's used in, are contributing to racism. Maybe involuntary, but it's just how the world works.

Like people who celebrated the deaths of Kim-Jong and Osama. They contribute to hatred, even if they think it's good.

Edited by packersnroses

Look at how mygnrforum edits the word nigg.er. If you even type it, it edits it as 'black person'

Waita fuel the controversy......

There is a difference between a nig.ger and a black person.

Just like there is a difference between white trash and a white person.

I wonder if sunny dre would have been offended if instead of police, immagrants, fags and nig.gers, axl called out rich people, republicans, eyeglass wearers, etc...

Look at how mygnrforum edits the word nigg.er. If you even type it, it edits it as 'black person'

I wonder if sunny dre would have been offended if instead of police, immagrants, fags and nig.gers, axl called out rich people, republicans, eyeglass wearers, etc...

yea that's really fucked up that they edit a derogatory term and change it to "black person". that's the most blatant example of racism i've seen in a while.

It's not my favorite song, but I do enjoy it when people get upset because of the lyrics.

I get more annoyed by Religious Rights than I do about race relations. It would be cool if Axl wrote a song dissing fundamentalist Christians, Muslims or some other cult. I bet he would get more flack for that than OIAM.

The more you listen to Axl's lyrics, read/listen to interviews, the more i begin to think he is:

A. Libertarian

B. Agnostic, atheist, or at least a big criticizer of organized religion.

For example-

Garden of Eden- "The most organized religions make a mockery of humanity, our governments are dangerous and out of control."

Axl rant before live and let die- "This is a song for anything that holds you back, (Goes on to list several things including the church and big government)"

Axl in an interview from '88- "Where you trying to escape the conservative indiana?" Axl- "Well to some extent, but I consider myself to be pretty conservative"

Axl seems like he'd be very libertarian, pro individual rights, limited government, etc... And most libertarians have a very common sensed, realistic view on the world, which usually translates to not liking organized religion..

Edited by Sprite

It's not my favorite song, but I do enjoy it when people get upset because of the lyrics.

I get more annoyed by Religious Rights than I do about race relations. It would be cool if Axl wrote a song dissing fundamentalist Christians, Muslims or some other cult. I bet he would get more flack for that than OIAM.

The more you listen to Axl's lyrics, read/listen to interviews, the more i begin to think he is:

A. Libertarian

For example-

Garden of Eden- "The most organized religions make a mockery of humanity, our governments are dangerous and out of control."

Axl rant before live and let die- "This is a song for anything that holds you back, (Goes on to list several things including the church and big government)"

Axl in an interview from '88- "Where you trying to escape the conservative indiana?" Axl- "Well to some extent, but I consider myself to be pretty conservative"

Axl seems like he'd be very libertarian, pro individual rights, limited government, etc... And most libertarians have a very common sensed, realistic view on the world, which usually translates to not liking organized religion..

yea good point. and he's definitely a fan of free speech while most liberrals try to restrict what we can say.

A. Libertarian

For example-

yea good point. and he's definitely a fan of free speech while most liberrals try to restrict what we can say.

Liberal is such an ironic word to describe todays 'liberals'. Liberal means freedom, while todays liberals like sunnydre are all about taking rights from people.

Tipper Gore comes off as a tool here

I always thought of her as a four letter word,but it wasn't "tool" :xmasssanta:

Who wants to play "hangman?" Zappa was fucking brilliant in the PMRC shitfest.

Ha yeah I love Zappa's response to it all. I also love when Dee Snyder showed up at the hearing and unfolded his statement from a crumpled up piece of paper lol

yea that's really fucked up that they edit a derogatory term and change it to "black person". that's the most blatant example of racism i've seen in a while.

I don't really see the word nig*er as the color of a person's skin,I see the term and think of a certain type of person.

And Liberals limiting freedom of speech? I usually see that as the right wing-nut conservative,Bible-thumping,redneck ignoramus that take Pat Robertson seriously,or support what Fred Phelps cult-church does.

Organized religion is actually straight-up "the opiate of the masses" using brainwashing,and fear to control.Scientology,and Mormons are a freak show as well,No Jim Jones Koolaid for me,no selling flowers at the airport.