Old School Oprah: Lumps One In a Million lyrics in with Ice T and NWA

ITW 2012

Tipper Gore comes off as a tool here

I always thought of her as a four letter word,but it wasn't "tool" :xmasssanta:

Who wants to play "hangman?" Zappa was fucking brilliant in the PMRC shitfest.

Ha yeah I love Zappa's response to it all. I also love when Dee Snyder showed up at the hearing and unfolded his statement from a crumpled up piece of paper lol

Was hilarious,and always a bit disappointed that more musicians didn't come against their idiotic attempt to control what the public could listen to,It did backfire rather badly though and boosted 2live crew's album sales.

Loved the "warning sticker" that was on GNR's "making fucking videos" Classic!

Side note:profanity in music Isn't a new development, W.A.M. wrote a song,originally titled with some reference to his "Arse".

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at how mygnrforum edits the word nigg.er. If you even type it, it edits it as 'black person'

Waita fuel the controversy......

There is a difference between a nig.ger and a black person.

Just like there is a difference between white trash and a white person.

I wonder if sunny dre would have been offended if instead of police, immagrants, fags and nig.gers, axl called out rich people, republicans, eyeglass wearers, etc...

yea that's really fucked up that they edit a derogatory term and change it to "black person". that's the most blatant example of racism i've seen in a while.

I don't really see the word nig*er as the color of a person's skin,I see the term and think of a certain type of person.

And Liberals limiting freedom of speech? I usually see that as the right wing-nut conservative,Bible-thumping,redneck ignoramus that take Pat Robertson seriously,or support what Fred Phelps cult-church does.

Organized religion is actually straight-up "the opiate of the masses" using brainwashing,and fear to control.Scientology,and Mormons are a freak show as well,No Jim Jones Koolaid for me,no selling flowers at the airport.

But limiting free speech is a left wing principle, but your right it seems just as many 'republicans' want to limit it. Just goes to show politics are screwed up.

too far to the left or right goes a bit pear shaped.

Only when you don't understand the political spectrum. The constitution of the United States is EXTREME right wing. Its true right ring, Very limited gov, personal freedom, etc.. but todays ''extreme'' ''right'' wingers are far from the constitution.

Look at how mygnrforum edits the word nigg.er. If you even type it, it edits it as 'black person'

Waita fuel the controversy......

There is a difference between a nig.ger and a black person.

Just like there is a difference between white trash and a white person.

I wonder if sunny dre would have been offended if instead of police, immagrants, fags and nig.gers, axl called out rich people, republicans, eyeglass wearers, etc...

this great post one in a million is one of my top 5 gnr songs

ive lived in the south and have heard the word n.igger used in every way under the sun(including black people using it towards other black people and some white people) words change with the times, n.igger no longer is a word to describe black people it is an attitude theres white ones, black ones, asian ones etc people get so fucking offended and this is the reason this issue will never get over with it will continue to go on and on because of this. of course people still use the word to be hurtful to blacks it will always happen but yet i once watched a tv show on racism where a black host talked about stopping racism towards blacks and stop using the word n.igger yet proceeded to call some southerners as crackers.

ice t is awesome ive never been a huge rap fan but i always liked ice t and his comments were 100 percent dead on hes an artist just like axl and the rest of guns n roses you share your life experiences in music, ice t talked about growing up rough and seeing bullshit like this same as axl rose and tipper gore got owened by the guy from the dead kennedys :lol:

Edited by bran

Liberals also like to take away scary looking guns from law abiding citizens such as myself. The paperwork and things I have to do to legally buy what I want is ridiculous.

Stupid I have to pay $15,000 for a registered select fire AK-47 when I could convert a semi one into auto with less than $100 of parts and tools. Not worth the jail time and fines though. Thanks liberals.

Edited by Sweersa

I mean like full blown communism or right wing death squads. Ayn Rand was basically with the founding fathers. Right now the illuminati run the world.

too far to the left or right goes a bit pear shaped.

Only when you don't understand the political spectrum. The constitution of the United States is EXTREME right wing. Its true right ring, Very limited gov, personal freedom, etc.. but todays ''extreme'' ''right'' wingers are far from the constitution.

So many racists on this board.

And stop flaming Sunny, he can have his opinion, which isn't an unreasonable one.

Sunny's one of the biggest racists here, man...

Considering some of the bile spewed at him I would forgive him if he was, shame he isn't .

I have payed attention over years and it's sickening some of the stuff that has been said to him and around his presence in topics.

Tipper Gore comes off as a tool here

People who are pro-censorship usually are

Tipper Gore was a closed minded bigot when it came to rock music. Little did she know that by putting stickers on the cds, they would sell more copies.

I think the job of what your kids listen to should be the parents. Unfortuantely, since many parents then and now drop on the ball on taking care of their kids and don't listen to what their kids are watching on tv or listening to on their ipods, people like Tipper Gore think they should do the job.

In America we have the freedom to watch or not watch or listen to or not listen to tv shows and musical artists, so why do I need someone to tell me what I can't or can see and do?

The more you try to censor things without giving a good reason, the more people want to see or hear it. It's just human nature, but like I said it's a parents job to know what their kids are doing, otherwise welcome to 1984!

And stop flaming Sunny, he can have his opinion, which isn't an unreasonable one.

And I can have my opinion.

Anyone who cries racism is a tool. A weak tool. So weak that this planet is better off without them.

Boo fucking hoo, he said a word and it hurt my feelings, waaaa.

It is equally weak to use a persons race as a way of trying to discredit what they say........ Just saying.

Liberals also like to take away scary looking guns from law abiding citizens such as myself. The paperwork and things I have to do to legally buy what I want is ridiculous.

Stupid I have to pay $15,000 for a registered select fire AK-47 when I could convert a semi one into auto with less than $100 of parts and tools. Not worth the jail time and fines though. Thanks liberals.

It's also a statement about what society has become,I don't see one particular group as being responsible for firearms legislation.

When I was in high school,it didn't enter my mind to get a gun and take out the assholes giving me a bad time,From Colombine on we have see this scene played out numerous times.

We fought in high school,its inevitable but the worst fight I got into ended up with me smacking a kid with a brick,no gunplay was involved.

Got a lot of mixed feelings about this issue,and I'm a gun owner.I have several handguns,and semiautomatic rifles. :shrugs:

Sunny's one of the biggest racists here, man...

lol....nope, retard.

Isn't there some hypocrisy in being offend by the N-word, but not having a problem using the word "retard"?

You would think. I guess that flies right over his head though.

I personaly love One in a Million. BUt it has nothing to do with the certain words in the lyrics.

It is a very good song.

If you want to talk racism the town I live in is basicly 100% white. But if you drive 10 miles this or that way it is maybe 30% or more black.

And from the time I was a teen just becasue I was from this town blacks always called me a racist, I could be holding a conversation with black person and once they found out where I lived there actions spoke volumes for the N I G G E R they where, like calling my a racist, or walking off only to return with friends to hassle me and it still happens to this day with my own children.

If you show me respect I will do the same in return.

But what I won't do is let a black person act as if I owe them something because of the town I am from.

I didn't have any slaves and I am sorry that during the history black people where slaves but I don't owe them because there where black slaves sooooo many years ago? HELL NO!!!!

I will treat you the same way you treat me if you want to be a dick you will get it in return and that goes for whatever color your skin is.

the people who think black person is a bad word or offends a whole group of people are the real racists

idiotic train of thought. "black person" IS a bad word and IT IS offensive. I wouldn't want my kids using it ever.

Great song. Those offended are obviously close-minded and don't understand the context.

I disagree. I think those are offended are the enlightened ones and those who think it was fine are the close-minded ones, and I do understand the context, still doesn't make the song ok.

Yes, but dude, by condemning a work of art (song), can't you see you're being like a Nazi, which is the worst kind of racist?

One in a million did use the N word and did speak of immigrants in the the same way butt.......

It is the ONLY time in GNR whole library that these words come up. It's not like you hear on 8 songs or whatever.

So if said person that is offended about that ONE song.

What about all the GNR songs the are demeaning to women??????

Should we throw them out never to be heard again???? If not what's the damn difference??????

Women where oppressed also. So let's just throw out 50% or more off all music ever made especailly rock because it could be demeaning to women.

You can't have it one way and if you don't consider what other songs are offensive to other poeple then you are a racist plain and simple. Because all YOU want is to push your own agenda, piss on everyone else!!!!!

I take songs for what they are, music and alot of music is written about the songwriter(s) life and what they have been or going through that is called insperation and if artists can't have that then what do they really have????

If you don't like don't listen to it!!!! It's that simple.

Edited by bigcountry