Axl on Cobain's Death

uzi your illusion

Eddie Vedder was a better songwriter and a better man than Kurt Cobain.

Agreed. I have so much respect for Eddie and Pearl Jam as a whole

Not that big of a fan of Eddie Vedder as a person, but IMO Pearl Jam is the best band to come out of the grunge scene by a mile.

I agree. There were a lot of good bands in that era but they didn´t get the amount of attention/recognition that Nirvana got.

Nirvana and especially Kurt were way too overrated. I remember when I was a teen, almost everybody at high school was a grunge fan and Kurt was considered cool while Axl was considered an asshole and depending on which of them you followed you got to be judged as a cool person (Kurt represented disobedience, rejection, disgust for certain aspects of society...etc) or an asshole (Axl was considered an asshole, bad tempered and spoiled with all the r´n´r life style). Needless to say GNR and Axl always were my number one choice.

I liked Nirvana back in the day but I think that it was Kurt´s suicide what really made them this "mythical" and big and that´s why they got that icon status. It always happens when someone dies. Look at Amy Whinehouse for exemple, when she was alive she was considered to be very good in her genre but she was bashed and mocked for being a junkie and an alcoholic. Once she died, people elevated her to the "myth" status and over rated her way more than when she was alive.

By the way, on a side note, I´ve seen the pics of Kurt´s daughter someone posted and she is very beautiful but she looks like a jonkie. Actually, she reminds me of Amy Whinehouse.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Vedder was a better songwriter and a better man than Kurt Cobain.

Agreed. I have so much respect for Eddie and Pearl Jam as a whole

Not that big of a fan of Eddie Vedder as a person, but IMO Pearl Jam is the best band to come out of the grunge scene by a mile.

I agree. There were a lot of good bands in that era but they didn´t get the amount of attention/recognition that Nirvana got.

Nirvana and especially Kurt were way too overrated. I remember when I was a teen, almost everybody at high school was a grunge fan and Kurt was considered cool while Axl was considered an asshole and depending on which of them you followed you got to be judged as a cool person (Kurt represented disobedience, rejection, disgust for certain aspects of society...etc) or an asshole (Axl was considered an asshole, bad tempered and spoiled with all the r´n´r life style). Needless to say GNR and Axl always were my number one choice.

I liked Nirvana back in the day but I think that it was Kurt´s suicide what really made them this "mythical" and big and that´s why they got that icon status. It always happens when someone dies. Look at Amy Whinehouse for exemple, when she was alive she was considered to be very good in her genre but she was bashed and mocked for being a junkie and an alcoholic. Once she died, people elevated her to the "myth" status and over rated her way more than when she was alive.

By the way, on a side note, I´ve seen the pics of Kurt´s daughter someone posted and she is very beautiful but she looks like a jonkie. Actually, she reminds me of Amy Whinehouse.

I for one loved Amy Winehouse while she was alive. Though it was a shame she died, I don't think she's any better now. I thought she was the best jazz/soul singer in a very long time, and still feel that way.

And also killed himself to leave his "helpless little baby" without a father. I mean addiction and depression are awful things to deal, but don't act like you're so caring and concerned for the chills well being jus t to off yourself and letting your child b raised by a complete crackhead.

Edited by drtydane

I like a lot of their music but really dislike his attitude about the whole thing. It's not just his either, Dave Grohl is the same way. They do "Headbangers Ball" and they show up disinterested and giving one word answers , just being pricks in general. Because they were punk rockers and resented being on a metal show. Well it's not punk rock to take the free press and act like assholes, it would of been punk rock to just not of done the show. The whole being a rock star while saying "I don't wanna be a rock star" is the thing that makes it hard for me to connect deeper with their music. As for Grohl, he's quick to say all the time about how Guns became bloated and a joke during the UYI tours with the back up singers and orchestra. Then I watch this documentary on the Foo Fighters last year, and at the end of it it's got Dave and the boys playing with both back up singers along with a bunch of other extra instrumentation. Playing stadiums and releasing hard rock songs with pop sensibilities. Maybe he's realized as an artist you grow to want more from your craft and you evolve to something more then you were before. But don't trash someone for coming to that realization before you did. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a rock star, it's just so lame when you act like someone is forcing you to play a certain type of music or play a certain type of venue.

i couldn't agree more, although i honestly believe that in a few years you won't be able to tell the difference between foo fighters and bon jovi

I like a lot of their music but really dislike his attitude about the whole thing. It's not just his either, Dave Grohl is the same way. They do "Headbangers Ball" and they show up disinterested and giving one word answers , just being pricks in general. Because they were punk rockers and resented being on a metal show. Well it's not punk rock to take the free press and act like assholes, it would of been punk rock to just not of done the show. The whole being a rock star while saying "I don't wanna be a rock star" is the thing that makes it hard for me to connect deeper with their music. As for Grohl, he's quick to say all the time about how Guns became bloated and a joke during the UYI tours with the back up singers and orchestra. Then I watch this documentary on the Foo Fighters last year, and at the end of it it's got Dave and the boys playing with both back up singers along with a bunch of other extra instrumentation. Playing stadiums and releasing hard rock songs with pop sensibilities. Maybe he's realized as an artist you grow to want more from your craft and you evolve to something more then you were before. But don't trash someone for coming to that realization before you did. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a rock star, it's just so lame when you act like someone is forcing you to play a certain type of music or play a certain type of venue.

i couldn't agree more, although i honestly believe that in a few years you won't be able to tell the difference between foo fighters and bon jovi

HAHAH , I think your right about that. And like I said , I enjoy Nirvana songs and I enjoy Foo Fighters songs. Dave seems to of fully embraced being a rock star now and thats cool, I just wish he wouldn't rip on someone who enjoyed it more then him. In a punk rocker's eye there isn't a degree of how much you sold out , it's just you either did or you didn't. There isn't anything wrong with writing something catchy that a mass audience can get behind, and I know Kurt knew that. Hell he was a huge Beatles fan for gods sake. I wonder how much Grohl just went along with Kurt and Krist's bashing of the main stream rock bands at the time just to fit in, cause it's pretty evident that he likes where he's at these days.

Why all the hate for Courtney Love? Hole is/was a pretty good band. All the anti-drug posturing seems out of place on a GNR forum. And Frances Bean seems to have grown up to be a relatively well-adjusted young woman, and oh did I mention she is smokin' hot? Not that it's relevant, but still...

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube

Most of you if not all of you will have heard it...

Kurt and Krist are saying unflattering things about Axl at one of their concerts and if I'm not mistaken Krist gives a fan a microphone and the guy from the audience puts them in their place imo.

Link?

Type "kurt cobain on Axl rose" into YouTube, it's got around 800k views iirc

Here it is...

Kurt comes across as such a douche...

Kudos to the dude that says "let music be music man!"

Oh I saw that. Kurt is a fucking douchebag "I got a little helpless child in my arms." Axl would have waited for him to give Courtney the baby before be proceeds to beat his ass.

exactly. Besides, why the fuck is he worrying about his child now (which supposedly was there, no proof she was - just another bullshit story from the fucking junkie) and did not give a shit when his wife was shooting h during pregnancy?

As a father I would never bring a baby to a place surrounded by junkies and hard partying fans. As another poster said he left that "helpless child" go her whole life without a father and a junkie bitch mother trying to steal her from her grandparents. Didnt she finally get custody?

I like Nirvana and all but fuck Kurt Cobain.

Why all the hate for Courtney Love? Hole is/was a pretty good band. All the anti-drug posturing seems out of place on a GNR forum. And Frances Bean seems to have grown up to be a relatively well-adjusted young woman, and oh did I mention she is smokin' hot? Not that it's relevant, but still...

She's pretty isn't she.

Whenever I read about or hear about Guns versus Nirvana or Axl versus Kurt I remind myself of something I watched on YouTube

Most of you if not all of you will have heard it...

Kurt and Krist are saying unflattering things about Axl at one of their concerts and if I'm not mistaken Krist gives a fan a microphone and the guy from the audience puts them in their place imo.

Link?

Type "kurt cobain on Axl rose" into YouTube, it's got around 800k views iirc

Here it is...

Kurt comes across as such a douche...

Kudos to the dude that says "let music be music man!"

Oh I saw that. Kurt is a fucking douchebag "I got a little helpless child in my arms." Axl would have waited for him to give Courtney the baby before be proceeds to beat his ass.

exactly. Besides, why the fuck is he worrying about his child now (which supposedly was there, no proof she was - just another bullshit story from the fucking junkie) and did not give a shit when his wife was shooting h during pregnancy?

As a father I would never bring a baby to a place surrounded by junkies and hard partying fans. As another poster said he left that "helpless child" go her whole life without a father and a junkie bitch mother trying to steal her from her grandparents. Didnt she finally get custody?

I like Nirvana and all but fuck Kurt Cobain.

Total worthless dick. And people were defending him last night on other thread. Just listen to above audio. Total pussy acting like a pompass ass 'cause he was a "big star".

Dead or not He will always be a pretentious self righteous junkie piece of shit. Great songwriter but nothing more. If he hadn't killed himself hed have eighteen years to start over. Get clean, dump his wife be a better father, but no he went out when he was a twat.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Dead or not He will always be a pretentious self righteous junkie piece of shit. Great songwriter but nothing more. If he hadn't killed himself hed have eighteen years to start over. Get clean, dump his wife be a better father, but no he went out when he was a twat.

Fixed.

double-facepalm.jpg

So I'm going to take a wild guess and assume that you disagree. Would you like to explain? I don't see gibberish lyrics and sub-par music as a great songwriting capability. I also don't see how you can stand up for a junkie that let his junkie wife shoot up while pregnant and then went on to completely abandon that said baby by blowing his head off because being rich wasn't fun enough. Would you care to enlighten me? I'm all ears.

Can the mods close this one too? It's just trolling at this point.

I'm no Kurt Cobain fan. Smells Like Teen Spirit is the only Nirvana song I really know. That said, I feel he deserves a basic level of respect, especially if you don't even know that much about about him. Nobody here likes hearing Axl get mocked by idiots who know only a stereotype of him and and focus on the negative, so it's pretty hypocritical to give other artists that same treatment.

I'm no Kurt Cobain fan. Smells Like Teen Spirit is the only Nirvana song I really know. That said, I feel he deserves a basic level of respect, especially if you don't even know that much about about him. Nobody here likes hearing Axl get mocked by idiots who know only a stereotype of him and and focus on the negative, so it's pretty hypocritical to give other artists that same treatment.

+1

Actually, the Bon Jovi fans didn't bother me at all. That's a completely different scenario though. They were bitching about Axl because he insulted Bon Jovi, I bitch about Cobain because of what he did to his daughter.

Actually, the Bon Jovi fans didn't bother me at all. That's a completely different scenario though. They were bitching about Axl because he insulted Bon Jovi, I bitch about Cobain because of what he did to his daughter.

i bitch about Cobain for multitude of reasons;

what he did to his daughter is a big one but i bitch about his fans more often than anything

we have all met th people that think they are a better class of rock fan for listening to Nirvana because "Kurt was deep, man" or "he killed himself because the 'man' was getting to his music and he didnt want to be a big rock star" okay, dont sign the contract then!

Thats probably the thing that annoys me the most about the whole thing because it is far easier to not be a rock star then it is to be one. I have managed to go my entire life so far without "accidentally" becoming a rock star.

the guy was basically full of shit

Ok God has spoken, lock the thread now before he pisses his pants.

Guest Len B'stard

I feel like part of being loyal to Axl is not liking Cobain. I'm not sure if that's logical or not, but it's honest.

Alternatively, you could try having a mind of your own and not forge your belief structure and opinions with a view to currying favour with people you've only seen im Magazines and on TV? :rofl-lol: