Interesting Axl rant on setlists and variety between shows

uruguns

This rant is from the '91 St. Louis Show, right before Dust N' Bones. WTF happened???

http://www.mediafire.com/?uv9u54laq55cg5y

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

I experienced a similar feeling after Rio, I saw virtually the same show in Buenos Aires than I had seen in RIR'11 days ago, that was a little bit disappointing but still a great show to remember.

Source: "The other forum"

This rant is from the '91 St. Louis Show, right before Dust N' Bones. WTF happened???

http://www.mediafire.com/?uv9u54laq55cg5y

"...tell ya a little bit about this show... We're... There might be a delay between different songs... 'cuz... We just have this big fucking list, and we pick which song we're gonna play next, AS WE GO... To see how it feels best with you... That way, we don't get bored, 'n, and you don't go, 'I saw that show in... Toledo'... FUCK THAT SHIT... Also... We'll be playing a lot of new stuff, seeing as how you people have waited a really long time for the album to come out... and it'd be kind of a really pussyish thing to do, to just come up here and play Appetite For Destruction, it's kinda like jerkin' off..."

I experienced a similar feeling after Rio, I saw virtually the same show in Buenos Aires than I had seen in RIR'11 days ago, that was a little bit disappointing but still a great show to remember.

Source: "The other forum"

I have a solution,don't go to anymore GNR gigs,it will be tough but somehow I have a feeling that all will make it fine without you. :thumbsup:

They still have a massive list, but they're a lot more conservative with what they play nowadays. This year's list in the most recent version I've seen (from Hamilton) is a total of 37 songs including Richard/DJ/Bumble solos, 7 of those unplayed this year.

The difference now is that they have three albums of things to fit in instead of having only one album before the tour. There wasn't a greatest hits list like there is now. They still played the majority of Appetite at most of the shows. When you add 20 years to that tour, you now have 3 albums to pick and choose from in addition to the new one.

In theory, I'd say Chinese Democracy would make up 1/4 of the setlist. It's 1/4 of the albums. And it does I think, right? I'd love to see them change a ton of songs every night, but that's because I'm not a "general" or "casual" Guns fan. I know more than the singles.

I still think they should do what Metallica does and leave a three song opening somewhere. Rotate a variety of songs in to change things up and avoid every single show being practically the same exact setlist.

This is all ignoring Lies, as well. It's really more of an EP and I don't see them playing the majority of it ever again.

Edited by DaneisKing1389